PDA

View Full Version : My Androstenone Jacket

surfs_up
07-31-2004, 01:39 PM
This happened

inadvertantly. I was mixing up a custom fragrance for myself. It's INTENSE fragrance although much more complex and

layered than commercially available men's colognes. There are several musks, woods, roots, resins, an a strong shot

of black pepper. I had a bottle of ultra strength pure androstenone concentrate and I put a serious dose in the new

cologne, so the cologne probably packs the wallop of a "standard" phromone additive.

I would test very

sparing doses of this on my arms and chest. The androstenone aroma combined with the perfumery ingerdients so

smoothly it doesn't smell like a pheromone. I think there must be a molecular relationship between the fragrances

and the 'none as it all smells like it was intended that way from a perfumer...

The result is that there is

a small lingering waft of this combination on my jacket. It is so slight that you hardly notice it. However, I am

consistently getting reactions from women. Sometimes more that I bargained for. I don't recall having this from

straight 'none which often caused a sort of mixed reaction when it wasn't "sweetened" with an

androstenol.

Is it possible that certain odorants modulate the response to pure pheromones ? I think I asked

this before, although this level of reaction is new to me. Does the pheromone enhance the response to the fragrance,

or the fragrance enhance the response to the 'mone ?

The weirdest thing was one gal reacted by dousing

herself with perfume, not too subtle or anything... it was WAYYY more perfume than one would normally use in a gym

setting. People were looking around with a "whats up with that" quizzical expression...

You have to be

careful with this stuff. You can hit on a great formula and set things in motion. Not always the ones you planned

on, either, sometimes you need a great story about why you AREN'T available.....

bjf
07-31-2004, 01:45 PM
Irish brought up the idea of

different fragrances pair with a pheromone sending a different chemical message not to long ago.

DrSmellThis
07-31-2004, 01:54 PM
I wrote a lot about this exact

topic several months ago, and before that, but at the moment I can't find any links. I do know I've written a lot

about this, though.