PDA

View Full Version : Help for a newbie

anvei
07-29-2004, 10:12 PM
I have a problem which

I would like help with, as a newbie to the forums.
I am 58 years old, recently widowered after many years of

happy marriage. I would like to get back in the ‘swing’ of things again, but, though I’m fairly confident around

women, I feel diffident about my age.
I am reasonable looking, 180cm tall, that’s under 6 feet, and about 85 kg

in weight, so I’m not overweight. I have purchased PI unscented, which I mixed with an anti-perspirant, but it

doesn’t seem to have made any noticeable difference to reactions of women around me. I put small dabs behind my

ears.
What I want to know is, what other product can I use? I have enough to buy one more pheromone; I don’t

want, at my age, to attract silly young teenage girls, rather more mature women above 30. What can I use?
Any

suggestions would be welcome.

belgareth
07-30-2004, 02:14 AM
A friend of mine is a few years

older than you and seems to be getting good results from NPA. He uses a couple dabs then cologne. Personally, I like

Chikara but AE might do the trick as well.

You mixed it with anti-perspirent? I don't know if that is such a

good idea. Try dabbing a small amount at the pulse points instead.

There have been suggestions in the past that

older women are more attracted to high none products and are less affected by OD. When you go out, try increasing

the amount you use a little to find a level that gets some reaction.

Good luck

bindy
07-30-2004, 05:04 AM
Hi anvei,
Don't give a second

thought to your age. Women love attractive, interesting older men.
And you have a bonus, a very happy, successful

marriage, which means you can commit to someone.
I wish you good luck,
Bindy (female)

Friendly1
07-30-2004, 06:55 AM
Your biggest obstacle is that

you are probably outdated. You may have to update your wardrobe and change or start some new activities. Women in

their 30s and 40s will be attracted to a man who has an active, interesting lifestyle. You should dress stylishly,

not like a man who has been married for 30-40 years. Get rid of all your plaid clothing. Dress in solid colors.

Black, blue, mauve, and grey will be your best shots. Wear black belts with black shoes, brown belts with brown

shoes (but avoid brown as much as possible).

Good activities include dancing, boating, cycling, tennis,

volleyball, swimming, horseback riding, etc. I have never tried the museums, but many people insist a lot of women

go to them hoping to meet men (I have no idea of why, as I don't know any men who go to museums).

If you smoke,

stop smoking. If you don't exercise, start exercising. Jogging may be a good exercise to take up. Increasing

your physical activity will increase your energy level and help you stay fit and trim.

Develop your sense of

humor. Be prepared for the women to take some of the lead. A woman of 35-40 has a better idea of what she wants

than a girl of 20. But they all still want you to be both manly and a gentleman.

Good luck.

belgareth
07-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Good

activities include dancing, boating, cycling, tennis, volleyball, swimming, horseback riding, etc. I have never

tried the museums, but many people insist a lot of women go to them hoping to meet men (I have no idea of why, as I

don't know any men who go to museums).

Good luck.
Get involved in things but ones that you are

interested in. Museum groups can be fun, as can lectures on topics of interest. I once met an astounding woman while

on top of a mountain, on a cold winter night, at a 'star party'. As an aside, because it was dark we didn't know

what the other looked like until a couple days later. I was pleasantly surprised.

Meeting a woman while trying

to learn an activity you detest is a waste of your time. If you are doing something just in hopes of meeting a

woman, odds are she'll see right through it, then you're screwed with her. On the other hand, if it is something

you enjoy you'll be better at it and, as noted in another thread, many women find competence sexy.

bindy
07-30-2004, 07:48 AM
From a women's perspective, I

agree that clothes can be a good start, but I'd go with polos, avoiding dull colors, but don't overdo it by going

to jewel tones! ; ) I love a man in red, or a shirt with red in it. Of course wear clothes that fit the occasion.

Shorts and a polo, or khakis and a polo work well in the summer. For work I love the look and feel of the

microfiber pants, or the tencel fabric is also great. A good pair of gymers will go anywhere casual. No sandals

until you make sure your feet are manicured - no yellow or long toe nails PLEASE! I agree with doing things that

interest you. If you like to garden, work in the yard, and join a garden club. Volunteer. Those are both things

where you're likely to meet women.
Some of it will depend on what age women you are most interested in. Ever

thought of getting a dog. Walking a dog is great exercise, provides companionship, and ladies love a nice dog, like

a Golden Retriever or Lab.
I also agree with making sure you're fit, and not smoking. Exercising is fun and

uplifting, and a good way to meet people. Think about male companionship too though. The gym, playing poker,

groups sports, like basketball or golf.
Now go get 'em! ; )
Bindy

Mtnjim
07-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Welcome!

Don't worry, I'm

only a year behind you.

With a little practice you'll "get your groove back". The only drawback is most of

the guys here go "clubbing". The "clubbers" are loads younger than we are, so we really can't go that route. (we'd

be looked at as "dirty old men" hitting on kids--even if I'm often mistaken for late 30's to mid 40's, the "baby

face" is finally paying off).

Hang in there!!

Jim :welcome:

writerguy
07-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Just turned 50 myself, anvei,

and there's some stuff that I've been telling every guy our age about.

I take a herbal suppliment called

Tribex 500, and I feel 15 years younger than I did a year ago. It tricks the mature guy's body into naturally

producing testosterone again, and the results are amazing. All the aches and pains just disappeared, energy's back,

I feel like a MAN again!

I know Bruce takes it too, and no, we don't sell it, but Google the word Tribex

and you'll find a dozen places that sell it online.

Trust me, you'll wonder where it's been all your

life....

anvei
07-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all

the replies and advice. To explain about the anti-perspirant, the product came with a 10 ml sample bottle, which I

half filled with PI and anti perspirant. This a dabbed on my wrists and behind my ears but, as stated, without

noticeable affect. Perhaps it was too diluted? I rolled on about 2 cm of the mixture.
I will try a scented phero,

like Chikara.
Cheers.