PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the release of Perception!

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-26-2004, 06:52 AM
BDC Concepts (http://bdcconcepts.com) is proud to announce the Gold release of Perception! We

have combined three pheromones (androstenol, androstenone, and androsterone) into 10 mL of a unique and water

based formula. In addition, each purchase includes a FREE 5 mL atomizer of concentrated fragrance!

What

makes Perception different from other products?

Perception is a revolution in the pheromone

industry!

First, Perception's formula is designed from the ground up to be extended release. Other

products typically use either isopropyl myristate, isopropyl alcohol, PG, or a combination of each as a solvent

which presents a quick release of pheromones directly after application but then fades quickly (within a few hours).

Perception uses a proprietary formula of polymers to yield a true EXTENDED RELEASED dose that will last

consistently for 12 hours! When you receive a bottle of Perception spray a little on your wrist and notice the

distinct smell of pheromones while it is still wet. However, after it dries the smell is somewhat lessened. This

is a result of the polymers "locking" the pheromones to the outer layer of skin (the stratum corneum). Once dry the

applied pheromone will be released slowly and evenly over the next 10-12 hours. Notice that the smell

does not increase nor decrease throughout the day. Know exactly the amount of pheromones that were applied and

accurately estimate the total duration that they will be released!

Second, we have eliminated transdermal

uptake with Perception's unique water based formula. This is important since the applied dosages for pheromones

are in the microgram range. It is impossible to remain consistent with results if each application is really only

giving 75-80% of rated dose. Perception will deliver and release the pheromone dose at consistent levels!

Third, our formula eliminates pheromone build-up. Perception is water based and will remain "locked" on the

outer layer of skin until removed with a daily shower or otherwise washed with water. This is a major breakthrough

as other products will allow for build-up via transdermal flux (and eventual re-release). Each shower will

completely remove the applied pheromone. Your 100th dose of Perception will be as consistent as your first

dose!

Why is this called the "Gold" release?

The Gold release of Perception is

intended to gather feedback from users and incorporate that into the final "Platinum" release. Here is your chance

to help fine tune a highly effective pheromone product! We value customer feedback and pledge continuous

improvement. This is our commitment to a quality and dynamic nature. With BDC

Concepts (http://bdcconcepts.com), your voice is heard!

The Gold release can easily be identified by the gold trim on the

atomizers. When giving feedback please note whether it is from the Gold release batch.

For

the customers:

Perception does not attempt to present another run-of-the-mill pheromone product.

We have identified several of the shortcomings of traditional products and engineered solutions! Our unique formula

provides an extended release, eliminates transdermal uptake, and stops build-up. Clearly, we have not created a spin

on pheromone ratios but have instead revolutionized the method of delivery for pheromones! At

BDC Concepts (http://bdcconcepts.com), we strive to manufacture the highest quality products and are proud

to announce the release of Perception!

For the manufacturers:

The unique

hybrid polymer base is highly effective at solubizing pheromones in a water matrix. We have demonstrated that .33%

(1/3rd % V/V) can dissolve and stabilize 4 mg per unit. Imagine having a completely water based formula (99.67%

water) that can dissolve pheromones, release them over a known timeframe, eliminate transdermal uptake, and stop

build-up with your own pheromone ratio! Allow your products to present more consistent results in a cost effective

manner. If interested in using our hybrid polymer base for your products or want to explore our custom engineered

solutions please contact us. (sales@bdcconcepts.com)

koolking1
07-26-2004, 07:19 AM
is it now on sale at LS?

Bruce
07-26-2004, 08:09 AM
is it now on sale

at LS?

It is up for advance sale now at $10. off ($39.95). We should have it in hand for shipping

this Thursday.

Bruce

bjf
07-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Will the concentrated fragrance

increase transdermal absorption?

DrSmellThis
07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Congratulations, Chemo and

Bruce! It will be interesting to see the feedback from people in terms of the time effects of phero use.

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Will the

concentrated fragrance increase transdermal absorption?
The fragrance is also water based so should not

increase transdermal flux significantly. Good question!

Bobby

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Congratulations, Chemo and Bruce! It will be interesting to see the feedback from people in

terms of the time effects of phero use.
I am confident that this is a step in the right direction for

pheromones. The ratio of pheromones that are effective will be different for everybody...and may even vary with

environment. However, the one factor that is consistent across all applications, ratios, and environments is

DELIVERY METHOD.

We can't manufacture a pheromone product that will be all things to all people but we sure

can offer a more advanced delivery method! :)

Bobby

bjf
07-26-2004, 02:18 PM
How do the polymers lock the

pheromones onto the top layer of skin?

metroman
07-26-2004, 03:59 PM
Eureka! At last...I have been

eagerly anticipating this product...Will there be a link posted in a forum msg or will we be able to order it direct

from the website? Is there a tight supply for the gold?

Bruce
07-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Eureka! At last...I

have been eagerly anticipating this product...Will there be a link posted in a forum msg or will we be able to order

it direct from the website? Is there a tight supply for the

gold?

http://love-scent.com/product_info.php/products_id/1

Perception is for sale

only on the Love-Scent.com site at the moment. The above URL should take you directly there.

Bruce

metroman
07-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Okay ignore my last comment. I

see it now right on the website...Congratulations on bringing to market a product that I think will help a lot of us

who are mone sensitive...

Unknownshadow21
07-26-2004, 04:14 PM
I would like

to ask Bruce, Bobby or anyone who has already experimented with "Perception" what has been the results so far in

terms of hits, ect...?

BDC_Concepts
07-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Heheh, I'll let Chemo the

Chemist field the polymer question :), but I should add that I am very excited to present this to the community. As

Bobby pointed out, we took an entirely different approach to this product. Knowing that tons of different products

and ratios exist, we examined what appeared to be the limiting factor - The DELIVERY! I believe we are truly making

a large step foward for the pheromone industry through presenting a product that will reduce the shortcomings of

others and truly provide us an opportunity to see what pheromones can do when using a unique delivery. Can't wait

to hear the feedback!

Thanks
Matt

DrSmellThis
07-26-2004, 06:05 PM
So is your polymer also

available? I wouldn't mind trying some. How would it affect a fragrance? Would it tend to mute it? Does it have an

effect on scent? Is it a fixative? Should I even be asking all this here?

einstein
07-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Any chance of this stuff

irritating skin? itching? I'm sure you've done tests on numerous people, but I still have to ask.

BDC_Concepts
07-26-2004, 06:33 PM
As noted in the manufacturer

section of the provided write up above, we can provide services for those interested in using our matrix. Please PM

Bobby or myself for more information.

Thanks

bjf
07-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Cool that you are willing to allow

other manufactuers to borrow your formula if it works. That is great.

Does the formula, since you say it

causes a slower release, require us to use more of the product to get the same effect in a given time window as a

normal product with the quick release?

BDC_Concepts
07-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Any chance

of this stuff irritating skin? itching? I'm sure you've done tests on numerous people, but I still have to

ask.

Our preliminary feedback has shown no one to be affected adversely in terms of irritation or

rash to the product. We highly doubt any occurances of this. Good question though! :D

nbnbtc
07-26-2004, 06:49 PM
And just what is the fragrance

like anyhow?

DCW
07-26-2004, 06:51 PM
I would like

to ask Bruce, Bobby or anyone who has already experimented with "Perception" what has been the results so far in

terms of hits, ect...?

I think this is a valid question, any insight ?
Is it possible to get some

of your tester to join this fourm for questions and observations?

DCW

einstein
07-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Another question, then I'll

stop bugging you. Any chance of these androgens being absorbed by the skin even without a transdermal carrier?

I've read that DHEA can be absorbed through skin without a special carrier.

They

referenced this article (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=8943794). I know we're not talking about DHEA, and we aren't rats, but its close enough to

get me wondering.

On a different note, thanks for listening to us. Full disclosure of the contents, separate

fragrance, 2 different sized atomizers, both unmarked, and reusable. That's everything we've ever asked for!!

Thanks!

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-26-2004, 07:47 PM
How do

the polymers lock the pheromones onto the top layer of skin?
The polymers can be thought of like double

sided velcro. On the bottom is the outer layer of skin (stratum corneum), the middle is the polymer, and the

outside is the pheromone.

The velcro (polymer) holds the other two together...or, holds the pheromone to the

skin...depending on how you want to look at it.

How does it work? Like most long chain polymers, the

molecule is lipophilic (oil soluble) and dissolves the pheromones. What makes this hybrid formula special is that

it is also hydrophilic. Technically, the hybrid polymer blend forms a phase boundary cohesion between the

pheromones and stratum corneum. In simple terms, the hybrid polymer blend is like double sided velcro.

Does

this answer you question or did I miss the mark completely?

Bobby

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Any

chance of this stuff irritating skin? itching? I'm sure you've done tests on numerous people, but I still have

to ask.
All of the ingredients of the hybrid polymer blend are FDA approved for cosmetic use and are

skin safe.

Bobby

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Cool that

you are willing to allow other manufactuers to borrow your formula if it works. That is great.

Does the

formula, since you say it causes a slower release, require us to use more of the product to get the same effect in a

given time window as a normal product with the quick release?
This is a tricky question! First, more is

not better as is the mantra of pheromone gurus. However, you are correct in that the slow, steady release will

provide lower levels but is offset by the fact that it is CONSISTENTLY AND EVENLY released over approximately 12

hours. We highly encourage users to start with 2 sprays and tweak according to individual needs. Remember,

directly after application there will be about 3 or 4 minutes when there will be no detectable pheromone smell while

the polymer is setting up. After this time the pheromone application is detectable and will be at that level for 12

hours. I recommend getting the product and testing on an easily accessible part of the body (like the forearms or

wrists). Spray some on and let dry...smell the area and if the intensity is not strong enough then give it another

spray. Keep in mind that this level will be persistent for 12 hours (I'd say more like 16 but literature only

supports 12). Once you have determined the optimum sprays then apply to the neck or other area with

confidence.

Bobby

bjf
07-26-2004, 08:00 PM
The

polymers can be thought of like double sided velcro. On the bottom is the outer layer of skin (stratum corneum),

the middle is the polymer, and the outside is the pheromone.

The velcro (polymer) holds the other two

together...or, holds the pheromone to the skin...depending on how you want to look at it.

How does it work?

Like most long chain polymers, the molecule is lipophilic (oil soluble) and dissolves the pheromones. What makes

this hybrid formula special is that it is also hydrophilic. Technically, the hybrid polymer blend forms a phase

boundary cohesion between the pheromones and stratum corneum. In simple terms, the hybrid polymer blend is like

double sided velcro.

Does this answer you question or did I miss the mark

completely?

Bobby

Nope, you did a good job. :)

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Another question, then I'll stop bugging you. Any chance of these androgens being absorbed by the

skin even without a transdermal carrier? I've read that DHEA can be absorbed through skin without a special

carrier.

They

referenced this article (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=8943794). I know we're not talking about DHEA, and we aren't rats, but its close enough to

get me wondering.

On a different note, thanks for listening to us. Full disclosure of the contents,

separate fragrance, 2 different sized atomizers, both unmarked, and reusable. That's everything we've ever asked

for!! Thanks!
I'll try to get a full text listing of that article but something tells me that a typical

carrier was used (maybe even a patch) to deliver the DHEA. They are using the term "percutaneously" in the sense of

a minimally invasive procedure...which has connotations of some carrier.

In addition, that study deals

directly with bioavailability of DHEA which is NOT the amount of transdermal flux. For example, let's say you

applied compound A and compound B with each being 100 mg. Further, let's say that 1 mg of each was absorbed.

However, compound A had double the measureable effect systemically. This would lead to compound A having twice the

bioabilability of compound B even though each had the same amount of transdermal flux. In other words, compound A

is stronger in effect. The study is saying that DHEA is about 30% as effective transdermally versus injection and

that oral is about 10% that of transdermal. This is a mature topic in the world of anabolics and is aligned with

current methodology (and is why our nutrition company makes a kick ass transdermal carrier!).

Bobby

Unknownshadow21
07-26-2004, 09:35 PM
I would like to ask Bruce, Bobby or anyone who has already experimented with "Perception"

what has been the results so far in terms of hits, ect...?
No, inside to my question? : /

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-26-2004, 09:37 PM
I'll see if I can

get a few to register and post their experiences.

Bobby

Unknownshadow21
07-26-2004, 09:37 PM
And

just what is the fragrance like anyhow?

I would also be interested on the scent? How natural smelling

is it?

Unknownshadow21
07-26-2004, 09:38 PM
I'll see if I can get a few to register and post their experiences.

Bobby
Alright, Thank

you !

BDC_Concepts
07-26-2004, 09:41 PM
I

would also be interested on the scent? How natural smelling is it?

This is partially the reason we

opted to make fragrance and pheromone application independent. It allows one to not be bound by a particular

fragrance or strength for that matter. It's difficult to go into the specific notes of the fragrance, and most

people wouldn't have a clue either way. The only familiar reference would be a commerical quality fragrance, but

even then, you are limited to a person actually being familiar with the cologne you cited. That being the case, we

are proud to give people the option to use our fragrance if desired. If you don't enjoy it, definitely feel free

to utilize your favorite!

Thanks
Matt

BDC_Concepts
07-26-2004, 09:51 PM
No,

inside to my question? : /

If people are willing to come out as Bobby pointed out, we'll let them

tell the stories for themselves. Reviewing the data, we found a diverse quality of interactions/hits ranging from

sexual to perceived increase ease in response to social activity or interaction. Clearly as the population

increases, the product will be referred to as "Good for this or that", but generally, from a scientific aspect, ANY

reaction is a step in the right direction. Clearly, any developer wants to (or at least I'd hope) be truely

interested in helping people reach their goals and achieve results. As I mentioned before, we took a practical

approach to the ratio, allowing it to spread a diverse amount of interactions and applciations. Notice that some of

the home brew formulations posted by a few gurus on the board are QUITE similar (as we later found out) to our

ratio. Thus it is providing for a low risk for OD, yet highly succesful and limitless response. People tend to

cast NPA and SOE, for example, into distinct categories achieving a specific result and being prone to X or Y. Our

initial feedback shows that trying to type cast Perception into one specific or general result will be quite

difficult as the response varied widely. The end result? People felt like they had an edge and were happy to see

people engage with them differetly (LOL! Especially the ones who had sexual interaction). For us, when people feel

that the product was well received, that just puts a smile on our face :D.

Unknownshadow21
07-26-2004, 09:52 PM
How does the

pheromone(s) smell without any fragrance? on their own?

Unknownshadow21
07-26-2004, 09:57 PM
If

people are willing to come out as Bobby pointed out, we'll let them tell the stories for themselves. Reviewing the

data, we found a diverse quality of interactions/hits ranging from sexual to perceived increase ease in response to

social activity or interaction. Clearly as the population increases, the product will be referred to as "Good for

this or that", but generally, from a scientific aspect, ANY reaction is a step in the right direction. Clearly, any

developer wants to (or at least I'd hope) be truely interested in helping people reach their goals and achieve

results. As I mentioned before, we took a practical approach to the ratio, allowing it to spread a diverse amount of

interactions and applciations. Notice that some of the home brew formulations posted by a few gurus on the board are

QUITE similar (as we later found out) to our ratio. Thus it is providing for a low risk for OD, yet highly succesful

and limitless response. People tend to cast NPA and SOE, for example, into distinct categories achieving a specific

result and being prone to X or Y. Our initial feedback shows that trying to type cast Perception into one specific

or general result will be quite difficult as the response varied widely. The end result? People felt like they had

an edge and were happy to see people engage with them differetly (LOL! Especially the ones who had sexual

interaction). For us, when people feel that the product was well received, that just puts a smile on our face

:D.
Very interesting indeed, Thanks for the feedback Matt.

bjf
07-27-2004, 04:21 AM
How about mixing with a other

pheromone products on top of the skin?

Will there be enough polymers to help keep some of the pheromones from

the other products on top of the skin? Will the carrier of the other product stop that action or cause transdermal

flux in perception's own pheromone content?

Just wondering if we can take advantage of the formula

technology of perception with some of our other favorite products, such as Chikara and/or NPA/Edge, which contain

pheromones other than the big 3.

jose
07-27-2004, 05:09 AM
What are the recommended amount of

sprays of Perception from people who have used it?

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-27-2004, 06:35 AM
How about mixing with a other pheromone products on top of the skin?

Will there be enough

polymers to help keep some of the pheromones from the other products on top of the skin? Will the carrier of the

other product stop that action or cause transdermal flux in perception's own pheromone content?

Just

wondering if we can take advantage of the formula technology of perception with some of our other favorite products,

such as Chikara and/or NPA/Edge, which contain pheromones other than the big 3.
Very good

questions!

Theoretically speaking, the formula should provide extended release to any other pheromone

applied. However, I don't want to mislead you into believing that it will completely eliminate flux OF THE OTHER

PRODUCT. Let's say you apply product A and 10% is absorbed. The 90% left on the skin will be extended release

along with the Perception application.

For best results apply the other products first and allow to dry.

Next, apply Perception to lock everything down. If the order of application is other products THEN Perception it

should retain all the benefits of extended release.

Bobby

bjf
07-27-2004, 06:42 AM
If that's true, that is very

impressive!

So then the polymer, rather than the water-base vs. oil/alcohol carrier, is the real catalyst for

avoiding transdermal flux??

Also, why not just apply them at the same time (so you prevent the 10 percent

from the OTHER PRODUCT from absorbing)?

Is it because the oil/alcohol will interfere with the polymer

"locking down" mechanism?

ToBeOrNotToBe
07-27-2004, 06:51 AM
For best results apply the other products first and allow to dry. Next, apply Perception to lock

everything down. If the order of application is other products THEN Perception it should retain all the benefits of

extended release.

Bobby
That's great! :box:

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-27-2004, 07:02 AM
If

that's true, that is very impressive!

So then the polymer, rather than the water-base vs. oil/alcohol

carrier, is the real catalyst for avoiding transdermal flux??

Also, why not just apply them at the same time

(so you prevent the 10 percent from the OTHER PRODUCT from absorbing)?

Is it because the oil/alcohol will

interfere with the polymer "locking down" mechanism?
The ability to avoid transdermal flux is due to

Perception not containing penetration enhancing carriers. This is different from the polymer which is designed to

offer extended release.

Why not apply both together? It is better to have 10% of one product absorbed rather

than 10% of two products absorbed. If one did not care about buildup or absorption than it would be acceptable to

apply both together. Keep in mind that this would limit Perception to the extended release and nullify the other

benefits such as elimination of transdermal flux and buildup.

Bobby

nbnbtc
07-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Chemo,
So using Perception at

the same time as another product would cause Perception to be absorbed right along with the other product? I think

what you are saying is that Perception's ability to avoid transdermal absorbtion won't work if mixed with another

"wet" carrier at the same time, so that's why the first product should be left to dry before applying Perception?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
07-27-2004, 08:22 AM
You are correct

nbnbtc...

Bobby

bjf
07-27-2004, 08:24 AM
NBC, I am pretty sure that is right.

It is the oil and alcohol that perception doesn't have but others do which causes mones to penetrate into your skin

more.

Unknownshadow21
07-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Given that the

product is water-base and we have to use about 2 sprays per application, how long is the 10ml bottle suppose to

last before it goes empty? Isn't it slightly less than Chikara?

BassMan
07-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Given that

the product is water-base and we have to use about 2 sprays per application, how long is the 10ml bottle suppose to

last before it goes empty? Isn't it slightly less than Chikara?The atomizer delivers 0.1 ml per spray.

BDC_Concepts
07-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Given

that the product is water-base and we have to use about 2 sprays per application, how long is the 10ml bottle

suppose to last before it goes empty? Isn't it slightly less than Chikara?

You should be able to get

around 50, 2-spray applications out of a bottle. With people not using it every day, it very well could last for

over 2 months. It all depends on how frequently and how much you apply.

Ismail
07-27-2004, 02:19 PM
DAMN!!!!If i had known that u

would get a product like this,i would have seent an exitra 10$ cash:(

Unknownshadow21
07-27-2004, 02:26 PM
You

should be able to get around 50, 2-spray applications out of a bottle. With people not using it every day, it very

well could last for over 2 months. It all depends on how frequently and how much you apply.

Excellent!!!:wave:

yayo
07-27-2004, 03:39 PM
wow

do you believe that its

better than Alter Ego?

CptKipling
07-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Great work guys! :thumbsup:

Our initial feedback shows that trying to type cast Perception into one specific or general result will be

quite difficult as the response varied widely.
I have noticed a similar trend with similarly ratio'd

mixes. A bit like AE, we can expect products with -none, -nol and -rone to be fairly balanced (depending on the

ratios...).

BDC_Concepts
07-27-2004, 06:37 PM
wow

do

you believe that its better than Alter Ego?

Without getting into a battle....despite the fact that AE

has much more feedback than Perception naturally, we know our product contains more overall pheromones than AE, has

a distinct and unique delivery system, and contains a pheromone ratio that we believe will yield siginificant

results.

DrSmellThis
07-27-2004, 08:21 PM
What are the ratios again?

ManBeast
07-27-2004, 10:32 PM
2:1:1 of `none, `nol, and `rone

I believe.

MB

Watcher
07-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Lol well my order is going in

tomorrow - looking forward to it

ToBeOrNotToBe
07-28-2004, 06:13 AM
2:1:1 of

`none, `nol, and `rone I believe.

MBNo, it's 2 nol : 1 none : 1 rone! :type:

ManBeast
07-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Feh... that's what I get for

trying to answer before the sun comes up! :frustrate

MB

Unknownshadow21
07-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Is "Perception" begin

ship today?

Bruce
07-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Is

"Perception" begin ship today?

Yes, today is a landmark in history; the first bottles of Perception

shipped out to you folks!

On behalf of BDC and myself, we hope you like it.

Enjoy,
Bruce

Unknownshadow21
07-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Yes, today

is a landmark in history; the first bottles of Perception shipped out to you folks!

On behalf of BDC and myself,

we hope you like it.

Enjoy,
Bruce
Thank you so much for the news "Bruce" I am really looking forward

to this one.:wave: