PDA

View Full Version : Phero effects on certain behavioral contexts

CptKipling
07-23-2004, 10:31 AM
http:/

/www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15135965 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15135965) - Sniffing

human sex-steroid derived compounds modulates mood, memory and autonomic nervous system function in specific

behavioral contexts.

bjf
07-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Interesting, the a-1 and estra only

seemed to have an affect when environmental stimuli was present.

CptKipling
07-23-2004, 11:18 AM
It makes sense though.

This

*might* be enough to say with some degree of certainty that this proves that wearing pheros and not providing a

sutable emotional/behavioral context will get only minimal results.

bjf
07-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Well that was only a-1, so it can't

be said for all pheromones.

But I think it makes sense for A-1. If it improves focus as other studies have

indicated, it would seem to amplify the mood of a given situation.

I haven't tested my stuff enough yet.

Why? Probably because I didn't see immediate reactions :). No wonder.

CptKipling
07-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Perhaps, it's not the easies

topic to think about because: -none (in general) makes users more aggressive anyway, and -nol makes us more

chatty/sociable.

However, this study does cast some doubt over any sort of conditioning with A1. On first glance

it appears to enhance erotic experiences (which is hard to quantify in the real world), and reduce the effects of

sad/depressing things happening.

bjf
07-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Given that it activates the VNO,

conditioning obviously wouldn't need to occur, like say for instance -none it might.

DrSmellThis
07-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Very interesting and

significant study. This one is good for the research section.

It shows that although those pheromones weren't

enough by themselves to achieve their natural function, they could have their effects given appropriate external

situations.

This may well be due to the fact that those -particular mones work in the brain on a neuronal

level, a path cemented by VNO involvement. Therefore, conditions in the brain would have to be favorable for them to

work. Conditions in the brain, of course, respond to the whole context the subjects perceive themselves to be in.

This also finally supports what we've always known about A1: It can and does enhance sexuality for women

when around a man wearing it.

BTW, whoever says anecdotal information and single case studies are "useless" is

just wrong. Having this kind of information has successfully kept us far ahead of the research in countless crucial

areas here (The function of none is the most prominent example. Researchers still haven't caught on to this

one!).

The study also indirectly supports the bigger theoretical picture I sketched several days ago (in one of

Bobby's research threads where A1 was mentioned) suggesting A1 is a core pheromone due to it's brain/neuronal

function.

Finally, it suggests, as you all have duly noted, that creating context is crucial in romantic/sexual

endeavors. This includes using other pheromones that contribute to the desired context, such as -none and

-nol.
:type:

bjf
07-23-2004, 12:13 PM
It's almost like A-1 is a doorman to

a woman's mind/emotion, no?