PDA

View Full Version : Move over Tylenol... Chikara is on the shelves

Rover The Dog
07-23-2004, 10:17 AM
I often get bad headaches a good amount of time. I think they are tension headaches. I

think I get them because i work huched over at my desk in my father's office for about five hours a day for five

days a week. Well anyway I havent applied chikara in quite some time since i have been fooling around with apc and

te but recently i decided to play with chikara again since i love the product. Well anyway i apply it and think

nothing of it and about thirty minutes later in my car i realize that the tension headache that i have is greatly

reduced. I know this is not what Chikara is meant for but it sure makes me like the product more. Who knows

perhaps it was just a fluke. Anyone else notice this?

koolking1
07-23-2004, 11:03 AM
you should see a Dr about

this. The cause is the problem; what's alleviated it temporarily is just that, only temporary relief.

Bruce
07-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Rov,

Like KK says it is

always good to figure out what is really eating at you, but I have a similar story; not about Chikara though. I do

find that Chikara is a mood lifter and relaxer, but never specifically noticed it helping with headaches. There is

an e-oil that helped me with migraines when I was in Japan (never seem to get them here in Eugene for some reason),

and that is ylang ylang. I read about it somewhere, and bought a small bottle of straight ylang ylang, which I kept

in my car and applied very sparingly to my moustache when I felt a migraine coming on. Definitely seemed to help.

Some months later Primal started adding ylang ylang to it's men's cologne and that seemed to do the same job.

Not recommending it as medical treatment of course, but it ylang ylang is said to have an effect

there.

Bruce

DrSmellThis
07-23-2004, 12:28 PM
lavender and ylang can be

rubbed on the temples (and crown too, in the case of migraines) for that purpose.

Bruce
07-23-2004, 12:33 PM
If you see a product called

"Migrastick" in your health food store, try that. It is a very pungent minty kind of thing, but it is a little vial

with a metal ball-top that you massage into your temple and scalp. Nice.

B

InternationalPlayboy
07-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Bruce, that's

interesting that Ylang-Ylang relieved your headaches. From what I've read, prolonged inhalation can cause them. I

do know that it is a stimulating fragrance for me. When I bought some a few years ago, the woman in the herb store

poured some from a bigger bottle into a 1/4 oz bottle for me. Not only did we both become more animated in the

process, but I found myself getting aroused by her, though she's not my "type" (a hippie lady with hairy underarms

and legs). Also, the only other customer in the store ended up buying some when he smelled it.

On the other

hand, Lavender is an essential oil that has headache relieving properties. I haven't tried it personally, but gave

a little bit to a woman at work who complained of frequent headaches and she said that smelling it helped her.

InternationalPlayboy
07-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Oops, beat again to

the punch. :)

Bruce
07-23-2004, 01:04 PM
As I remember ylang ylang is known

both as a stimulant to the senses and as a home remedy for migraines. I don't know how those two effects reconcile

with each other, but seems I read that somewhere. Obviously, the Primal people chose ylang ylang for some sort of

reputed aphrodisiac properties.

B

Rover The Dog
07-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah Koolking i think i am

going to stop by the doctor during my lunch break monday this headache has been lasting way too long. I think there

something whether be the scent or Chikara that just has a soothing effect that loosens me up not only mentally but

also physically which helps get rid of the headaches. I always thought smell was a pretty much useless scense not

thinking that it had any more importance than just warning you that of possible dangers i.e (gas leak or something

of that nature) but this place has helped me realize that theres alot more to it than i once thought

koolking1
07-23-2004, 09:38 PM
sure won't hurt to get it

checked out!!!