PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question on Androstenone

proteus
10-20-2001, 10:36 PM
Hi,
I had a question about phero products containing lots of androstenone. Of the high -none products available at love-scent, which is the most unscented/least offensive as far as the smell goes when used on its own? I\'m concerned about buying anything that really needs lots of cologne to mask it. I\'m thinking about buying a -none product because while I\'m fairly suprised and pleased with the positive vibes I get from gals with the PF I bought, I want to see whether there\'s any diff. wearing a -none product. Would appreciate anyone\'s input on this. Thanks

oscar
10-24-2001, 12:05 PM
proteus,

Almost all A-None products exude SOME degree of stink. The ones from Stone Labs are the least stinky, they supposedly use purer reagents.

AE is scented but its fragrance is clean and relatively subtle. There\'s hardly any discernable Phero aroma. You don\'t NEED to mask it, but it can be worn with many scents without clashing.

AFA is as close to totally scentless as anything you\'ll find. It\'s formulated as a cologne additive, but some people have used it on its own.

But both AE and AFA have more than just A-None.
AE has .020%A-None, .015%A-Nol, .010%A-Rone.
AFA has .020%A-None, .019%A-Nol.

P10 is .060%A-None, .030%A-Nol, .010%A-Rone. It has a bit more of the Phero aroma than the others, and needs to be used very sparingly. I wouldn\'t recommend P10 until you\'ve got a really good handle on A-None use. And I wouldn\'t use it on its own. Try AE or AFA first. Or maybe even PPA, which is
similar to PF in terms of scent and potency.

Oscar

images/icons/smile.gif

CJ01
10-24-2001, 01:46 PM
AFA is really scentless (it´s an additive ie it´s designed to be mixed with cologne )but AE stinks as far as I´m concerned!

My tip: Try mixing AFA and PF as a combo.

From what you´ve written I guess you seem to be successful with products containing a lot more -nol than -none. If you get positive results, take this as a clue.

Attraction, APC, are high on -nol and PI/w is only -nol with a dab of cops. I don´t know about The Edge/w.

To find out a good ratio for yourself ( and this goes for everyone), A -none only and a -nol only product is excellent to experiment with. Hopefully Bruce will be selling those new kits soon.

PS I´ve found that PF does not cover the smell of AE. Howver, maybe it´s just my body chemistry or something, but to me, it really smells bad. I wonder, since it´s an oil-based product, how well it works with something like APC...?

AE is the only product so far wich contains androsterone. -rone is said to enhance the effect of the other two pheros, so in my opinion it´s good value for money, coz you can use it sparingly.

CJ images/icons/smile.gif

oscar
10-24-2001, 02:44 PM
CJ,

That\'s funny that you should say that about AE. When I first got my AE, I was upset because I thought that the smell was so good, so clean, that I wondered if they forgot to put the Pheros in!

If it weren\'t for Stone\'s claims of incredibly stringent quality control, I\'d be tempted to think that maybe your bottle and mine were side by side on the assembly line, when the power went off or something, and yours got a DOUBLE-DOSE while mine got NONE!

I\'m getting another bottle of AE soon and I\'m really anxious to do a side-by-side sniff test to see if there\'s any difference.

Check your PM\'s. I put something there about fragrances.

APC??.... there\'s no A-Nol in the men\'s! Don\'t know about the women\'s. images/icons/crazy.gif

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

proteus
10-28-2001, 05:42 PM
Thanks for your responses to my post. I\'m very tempted to get AFA now and adding it to the PF as you suggested, but I\'m torn between this and trying Jambat\'s mix, since it seems to work so well for most. The -nol products definitely seem to agree with me as you noted, but I still feel that if I had more -none, I\'d be getting even stronger responses. Anyway, whichever I decide I will update y\'all on how it goes when I add something with more -none. Thanks again for your help.