PDA

View Full Version : Guest Chats

bjf
07-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Bruce:

You should have

guest chats - manufactuers (phil stone, jvk, daryn, wagg, etc), pheromone researchers at universities (some schools

even have pheromone insitutes), etc etc

A guest could be scheduled. A week in advance it is announced.

People PM questions to moderators. Then when the guest arrives, say 8 pm on a certain day, the mod feeds the guest

questions on a thread, posting a new one when the guesst finishes the answer.

People could "listen" to the

chat by reloading the thread.

It would also be beneficial in the fact that it would get knowledgable people

(the guests) to be aware of and register to the forum (so they could answer the quests).

What do you think?

Bruce
07-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I invite

guys like that to drop by and toot their product horns, but other than James (JVK) they rarely even lurk. Shy I

guess. I'll see if I can organize something like that though. Maybe we could start with James since he shows up

here from time to time.

Great idea though.

Bruce

Bruce:

You should have guest

chats - manufactuers (phil stone, jvk, daryn, wagg, etc), pheromone researchers at universities (some schools even

have pheromone insitutes), etc etc

A guest could be scheduled. A week in advance it is announced. People PM

questions to moderators. Then when the guest arrives, say 8 pm on a certain day, the mod feeds the guest questions

on a thread, posting a new one when the guesst finishes the answer.

People could "listen" to the chat by

reloading the thread.

It would also be beneficial in the fact that it would get knowledgable people (the

guests) to be aware of and register to the forum (so they could answer the quests).

What do you

think?

DrSmellThis
07-22-2004, 03:57 AM
I agree -- good idea. This was

first suggested a long time ago, and would be very good for the forum. Daryn was here once and people liked it.

Anything we can do to attract more quality contributors here would be good.

burgerama1960
07-23-2004, 04:38 PM
This would be a great idea.

When new products are introduced, it would be nice to talk with the creators of the products to find out what they

were exactly designed to do. What the contents are etc. Getting products without any information sucks and instead

of hundreds of speculations a person can get an exact answer and not be left in the dark.

bjf
07-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Actually, one reason why guests

probably wouldn't want to do it is if people are pestering them about their secret ingredients that they wish to be

left secret. Of course, having moderators screen the questions would eliminate that concern, if the guests were

notified of this.

DrSmellThis
07-31-2004, 09:17 PM
My goal is for us to get Luca

Turin for a chat!

Just wanted to plant the seed. I won't forget about it.

bjf
08-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Authors have $$$$ incentive to chat,

and there have been a lot of google and msn search engine spiders going through the pages, which means outside

people will also discover the chats, read through them, and perhaps buy the books the authors like Turin can plug.