PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Problems

Gegogi
07-20-2004, 02:16 AM
I'm using Netscape 7x

and this forum is the only place I can't get cookies to stick, i.e., I have to login everytime I visit. I have no

cookie blocks on lovescent and have preferences set to accept all cookies, but when I check my cookie folder

(preferences) the site does not set cookies--nothin'. I can get IE to set cookies for some reason but I don't care

for that program.

I have "remember me" checked on the log in... Oddly, when I surf to another site and come

back later, I'm listed as being online but have to login again. Any way to force lovescent cookies or any fixes?

Thanks!

Bruce
07-20-2004, 02:56 AM
Gegogi,

This issue has been

discussed quite a few times. It is caused by using the IP address to access the forum. Check your bookmark for the

forum. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts you have bookmarked an old version of the URL which includes the IP address

instead of "love-scent.com". That is how we used to access the forum before the domain was officially

transfered.

Bruce

Gegogi
07-20-2004, 03:05 AM
Thanks Bruce. That was in fact

the problem. Ma cookies are doin' dar thang!

Bruce
07-20-2004, 07:06 AM
No problem. It was a big mystery

for a while. Somebody else figured it out, so I don't get credit for that.

Cheers,
B

Elk Dreamer
10-20-2004, 04:37 PM
My computer freezes when I

go to the Kerry/Bush forum. I need to restart to get back on. I can seldom get on that

thread.

Thanks,

Elk

Mtnjim
10-20-2004, 05:48 PM
My computer

freezes when I go to the Kerry/Bush forum. I need to restart to get back on. I can seldom get on that

thread.

Thanks,

Elk

Gee, I'm not the only one??
My computer doesn't freeze, it

just crashes IE.

(Then again, I'm logged in on a Unix box) :box:

DrSmellThis
10-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Maybe God is telling you

something. :)

Elk Dreamer
10-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Dr Smell,

He speaks

to me,Bush,and Pat Robinson and He tells me Kerry and Edwards are going to sweep the country regardless of the

phoney polls which are just another controled spin factor.

Remember Dewey and Truman?

Elk :run:

Pancho1188
10-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Remember

Dewey and Truman?

I love that example, Elk. Remember, though, that the results were so different

because they used phones to poll people, and at the time only rich people had phones. Therefore, they completely

missed the majority of the population voting for Truman. Talk about bias in your polling...

I don't believe

the polls, either (think about it; they all have about 3% margins of error...so what do they really tell you?

Bush is ahead by a point? Well, he could really be down by 2!). However, I'm not sure what the polling

bias is in this case or if there is any.

As Kerry said, "I don't believe the polls. If the polls were correct,

I wouldn't even be here (referring to Howard Dean)."