PDA

View Full Version : Any Tour de France Fans here?

Bruce
07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Anyone

following the Tour? Or is this one of those topics best left undiscussed, like religion and politics?

:-)
B

metroman
07-19-2004, 04:37 PM
I watch it now & then on the OLN

channel...Really amazing if Lance can pull it off...Were watching history in the making...it will be many years in

the future before another rider the likes of Lance Armstrong comes around again.

hotrocks5
07-19-2004, 11:06 PM
I've kept track of some of the

highlights during the weekend when they show a bunch of clips about it. Lance is going for something that no one

has ever done (6 straight victories). And then you find out just how far these guys have to bike, the strategy

involved, and throw in some of those harsh conditions, and it's pretty interesting.

hotrocks5
07-19-2004, 11:10 PM
I think the reason why the Tour

isn't that popular is because it doesn't take place in the U.S., and it doesn't last as long as a season of

football, baseball, or basketball. Even though the popularity has increased this year with the attention that Lance

is getting, it's still not a real popular sport. If you're a fan of cycling, you're probably pretty hardcore

into it.

ToBeOrNotToBe
07-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Tour

de France! It's my second favourite sport (after soccer, of course)!

Armstrong is too strong this year! :box:

I think he will strenghen his leadership in the 2 time trials in the next days. Basso is also an excellent

cyclist, but he can't beat Armstrong in the time trials.

DrSmellThis
07-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Armstrong's going to be hard

to beat now, with the overall lead and his best event still to come.

DCW
07-21-2004, 07:07 AM
I hope he wins it's an inspiration

for those fighting cancer, but (here it comes) I just hope he not on the juice, like some of the record breaking

sprinters and ball players.

DCW

beachboy
07-21-2004, 08:41 AM
nah, not my thing.

Bruce
07-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Well, after today's time trial, it

looks pretty much in the bag for Lance; barring a major mess-up.

B

koolking1
07-21-2004, 11:41 AM
I can't say that I follow

it mcuh but a bit of national pride creeps in every year about this time because of Lance Armstrong. I have some

distant relatives in France and they are huge cycling fans - the number of cyclists in the USA increases each year

and certainly Mr. Armstrong is a factor in that.

Bruce
07-22-2004, 11:24 AM
This is the first year I watched it

on the tube. Convenient timing actually. There is no way I would take a break in the middle of the day to watch

it, but the finish is about 8 AM PAC time here, so I take it in every day to start my day. My kids even sit through

it. :-) Actually, it was pretty exciting today; all about stamina going up the mountains and courage/skill coming

down the other side at breakneck speeds.

No stopping Lance now it would seem.

B

Holmes
07-22-2004, 12:43 PM
No stopping Lance now

it would seem.

"He's like a piece of iron." :D

Unbelievable.

DrSmellThis
07-22-2004, 02:38 PM
He's really peaking right

now. It looks like he might do the same thing next year, if his dealer doesn't get busted. ;)