PDA

View Full Version : How much do unused pheromones last?

sietch
07-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum (but not the site), since that's my first post.
Just an academic question...
I

discovered an old bottle of scentend (ylang ylang) PI on my shelf, being about 3 years old. I noticed it still has

~0.5ml of stuff in it.
Even though I highly doubt it, would it be possible for pheromones to survive that long

in there? It has been kept in dark or shade, but still, it's too much an interval, no? Surely, bacteria must have

entered, even though I doubt they'd be able to thrive on that substrate, since the ylang ylang scent has remained

unchanged.

camusflage
07-19-2004, 03:52 PM
I'd wear it. As

long as you're not planning something where first impression is everything (ie, a job interview), what have you got

to lose?

sietch
07-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Yeh, even though it'd be of

little to no signicance, since any effects or lack thereof, cannot be attributed to something we don't know if

it's even active in there. Well, PI is loaded with -nones, which by their name, seem stable enough molecules.

We'll soon find out how 'aged malt -nones' behave! :D

oscar
07-19-2004, 04:15 PM
sietch,

My bottle of unscented PI is at least three years old, and it smells every bit as bad today as it did the first

time I opened it! ;)
It hasn't gone good, so I doubt it's gone bad.

Oscar :)

sietch
07-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Haha, now that's a convincing

argument! Gonna try and see if it recreates the reactions of 3 yrs ago! Which were good! :D

sietch
07-21-2004, 09:50 AM
It seems it's still alive. Went

to the University library yesterday to get a paper needed for graduation. So I enter the room, go to the girl in the

office, and give her my library card. She reads my name on the card, says 'oh, your paper is already done'. And

then she asks the totally lost-in-space question : 'Have you got a card?' I reply, "Card? What sort of card?".

"Library card", she replies. Then I go "Umm...you mean like the one I just gave you?" She stares at it, gets a

severe blush, a big smile, and said something I don't recall. Well, could be a PI induced confusion, even though it

could be just her being tired or smth. Dunno.

Mtnjim
07-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Was she blond?? :LOL:

BDC_Concepts
07-21-2004, 10:35 AM
sietch,

My bottle of unscented PI is at least three years old, and it smells every bit as bad today as it did the first

time I opened it! ;)
It hasn't gone good, so I doubt it's gone bad.

Oscar :)

LOL, It

would be funny if pheromones were like vintage wines and became better with age :). "Here is a delightful 1997

blend w/ a complexity unrivaled... lol "

sietch
07-21-2004, 10:48 AM
LOL, It would

be funny if pheromones were like vintage wines and became better with age :). "Here is a delightful 1997 blend w/ a

complexity unrivaled... lol " And of course, single malts like matured NPA would be conoisseur stuff!

As for the hair color, no, she was a redhead. but she could have had her hair dyed, so I gues we don't know. But

it's a factor we should know as it nullifies experimental evidence! :rofl:
:)