View Full Version : ?

07-18-2004, 05:13 AM
Smoker Ignites Portable Toilet Explosion

Thu Jul 15, 7:25 AM

BLACKSVILLE, W.Va. - Warning: smoking in the toilet can be

dangerous. A portable toilet exploded Tuesday after a man who was inside it lit a cigarette.

Emergency workers

said the man was not severely injured and drove himself to Clay-Battelle Community Health Center. He was later

transferred to Ruby Memorial Hospital. His name and condition were not available Wednesday.

The explosion,

which occurred in Blacksville, resulted from a buildup of methane gas inside the portable toilet. The methane did

not "take too kindly" to the lit cigarette, said a spokeswoman for Monongalia Emergency Medical Services.