PDA

View Full Version : Pets

SweetBrenda
07-17-2004, 07:19 PM
I have 3

Dachshunds they are red ( 2 females & 1 male ). They're very smart dogs. The girls are so calm & very

well behaved (sassy & Precious) Precious loves to play with her ball..She sees me getting that ball & her

eyes get real big! her ears way up! she barks so loud when I tease her with it by not throwing it right away LOL so

darn cute she knows a few tricks. Sassy is a chubby one & she is the sweetest thing ever she is lazy & she wants

attention constanly or else she makes this weird noise like if is she was "crying" LOL she is adorable:)! Glitter is

the male ( okay I know that is not the appropiate name for a male dog LOL but I'm a Mariah Carey fan and I got

Glitter right when Mariah's movie came out so I had to name him after her 1st movie.. poor doggy ) Now Glitter is a

disaster! he tries to scape all the time as soon as the front door is open he doesn't

hesitate & takes off omg he's runs so fast! he makes me so

mad.. He likes to chews on "everything" specially shoes & toys! every single blanket I giving him he shreds! I

don't understand what's wrong with him :confused: but the thing I can't stand is when he gets to excited when I

give him attention & he pisses all over me :eek:! *ugh*... But even than I still love him very much just as much as

the rest. He's is just a disaster I'm going to rename him to disaster! LOL...Ahhhh I love those doggies

they are my kids. Lyndsey loves sassy the most! :lovestruc

I really want a Basett hound!!! I'm

getting one for Christmas! so I'm trying hard to be a good girl so Santa can bring me one :D

Do you have any pets?

belgareth
07-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Two siamese cats and a black

labrador. All good pets with a lot of character. The cats are typical of siamese, aggressive, annoying and

thoroughly entertaining despite not remembering to retract their claws when we play. The dog is a riot to take to

the park. She loves the water and immediatly heads for the stream or lake when we walk in the nearby park. The ducks

see her coming and scatter but the geese chase her off. My parents were hobbiest dog breeders so I've been around

them all my life. It would be weird not to have one underfoot.

einstein
07-18-2004, 03:20 AM
5 catfish, 1 gourami. I know

many people don't consider fish as real pets, but that's all that's allowed in my apartment. Had them for about

6 and a half years.

beachboy
07-18-2004, 10:02 AM
I don't

understand what's wrong with him :confused:
Testosteron baby, testosteron :D

I have a saint

bernard.

Holmes
07-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Two siamese cats

and a black labrador.

Love 'em. I used to have a yellow. Just the sweetest disposition.

belgareth
07-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Love 'em. I used

to have a yellow. Just the sweetest disposition.
Yeah, she is a sweet dog. My grand kids adore her. They

crawl on her and roll on the floor together. She tolerates almost anything and comes back for more.

Though, the

few times I have startled her in the dark, those bright white teeth coming out of nowhere have made a real

impression on me. I make barbequed ribs fairly often and she always gets the bones. To see her snap a bone twice the

size of my finger in half with no apparent effort inspires respect. I don't think she would ever hurt anybody but

don't really want to find out either.

SweetBrenda
07-18-2004, 10:57 AM
I would like to get me a

parrot. My Grandma' has one and he sings along with her.. He only whistle when a girl passes by, and he is a

chatter-box... He is such character. Plus his colors are so bright he's gorgeous He doesn't like no one but

my grandma to touch him though =( I tried once to stick my hand in his cage and lets just say I'm very lucky I

still have my pointing finger. They're very expensive so this is the reason I don't have one (yet) .. As soon as

hit the jack-pot or win the LOTTO.. I'm getting me one. (uh-hu)

SweetBrenda
07-18-2004, 11:16 AM
Yeah, she is

a sweet dog. My grand kids adore her. They crawl on her and roll on the floor together. She tolerates almost

anything and comes back for more.

Though, the few times I have startled her in the dark, those bright white

teeth coming out of nowhere have made a real impression on me. I make barbequed ribs fairly often and she

always gets the bones. To see her snap a bone twice the size of my finger in half with no apparent effort inspires

respect. I don't think she would ever hurt anybody but don't really want to find out either.
My brother

has this sweet dog who everyone adores & plays with her. I get very paranoid when I go visit since she is an indoor

dog she is there at all times . My little one likes Mimi (dog) but I won't allow her to play with her. Because I

have heard so many bad things about this breed & seriously it scares me. I don't care how lovable she seems to be I

can't trust her. He got Mimi since she was 9 weeks now she is 3 yrs old. And just like you I don't think she

would hurt anyone but I wouldn't like to find out. Mimi is a PitBull. And my brother says the only way he can see

Mimi trying to harm someone is only to protect those who she loves! :angel:
( I don't buy it )

belgareth
07-18-2004, 12:31 PM
My brother

has this sweet dog who everyone adores & plays with her. I get very paranoid when I go visit since she is an indoor

dog she is there at all times . My little one likes Mimi (dog) but I won't allow her to play with her. Because I

have heard so many bad things about this breed & seriously it scares me. I don't care how lovable she seems to be I

can't trust her. He got Mimi since she was 9 weeks now she is 3 yrs old. And just like you I don't think she would

hurt anyone but I wouldn't like to find out. Mimi is a PitBull. And my brother says the only way he can see Mimi

trying to harm someone is only to protect those who she loves! :angel:
( I don't buy it )Brenda,

Did

you know that on a percentage basis, minature poodles bite and cause serious injury almost twice as often as

pitbulls? And they are not often trained for protection or attack, can't you just picture an attack poodle? :rofl:

I've been around dogs all my life and have been bit once. That was by a 1/2 pound rat

masquerading as a dog.:rasp:

Dogs, like people, gorillas, cats and almost any other animal

have their own personality. Some are sweet, some are vile tempered, some are lazy and some just stupid. But as a

breed, pitbulls are no meaner or likely to do harm than any other dog, unless they have been taught that way. Pit

bulls are extremely strong, fast and can be aggressive, making them good fighters, so many people train them that

way. Don't blame the dog, blame the jackasses that train them to be vicious!

That's not to say that you should

leave a child unattended around ANY dog. Dogs use their teeth when provoked the same as cats use their claws. The

difference is that dog's jaws are unbelievably strong.

On the other side of it, a funny story. When my oldest

daughter was about 6, I was visiting may parents who still kept dogs at the time. Their house pet was a Siberian

Husky, German Shepherd and Timber Wolf cross breed weighing about 180 pounds. I wasn't paying enough attention and

let my daughter wander out the front door. They lived on a private cul de sac so it wasn't that big a deal. The

first we knew of it was this blood curdling scream. Rushing out the front door we found my daughter flat on her back

with this dog sitting on her stomach with his tongue hangin out (did you know that's how dogs laugh?)

What had

happened is that she tried to leave the yard. The dog stepped in front of her to stop her and she tried to go around

him. That's when he butted her with his head, knocking her down then sitting on her. After a lot of laughter, we

got the dog to let her back up.

Dogs are great friends and wonderful protectors but they should be treated with

respect, like you would any other friend.

Bruce
07-18-2004, 12:39 PM
We have one large dog that/who is

truely a member of the family; very smart affectionate and outweighs both my kids I think. She loves to play

frisby, tug of war and is a hell of a wrestler too. She's a great companion fo all of us. Part rotweiler part

border collie; great mixture: loyal, strong, fast, agile, smart, affectionate. I wouldn't trade her for any other

type of dog.

B

belgareth
07-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Sounds like a cool dog.

What people don't seem to understand is that dogs are by nature pack animals. They have a deep need to be a part

of the pack and will defend that pack. The meanest thing you can do to a dog is to not let it be a part of the

family.

Holmes
07-18-2004, 01:01 PM
I would like to

get me a parrot. My Grandma' has one and he sings along with her.. He only whistle when a girl passes by, and he is

a chatter-box... He is such character. Plus his colors are so bright he's gorgeous He doesn't like no one

but my grandma to touch him though =( I tried once to stick my hand in his cage and lets just say I'm very lucky I

still have my pointing finger. They're very expensive so this is the reason I don't have one (yet) .. As soon as

hit the jack-pot or win the LOTTO.. I'm getting me one. (uh-hu)

If non-stop guano, perpetual

squawking (to the point of lunacy), and feathers-in-the-air-and-ev'rywhere are what you're looking for (not to

mention the stank), get yourself a parrot.

I had cockatiels. Adorable, but holy shit were they a lot

of work.

a.k.a.
07-18-2004, 03:12 PM
I’ve got a 19 year old tabby named

“Slash” (Because of all the scars on his face when I found him). He used to be a great bird hunter, but now he just

lays in the sun and dreams a lot.

burgerama1960
07-18-2004, 06:22 PM
I have a dog who thinks she

is human and a african grey parrot that talks up a storm. He learns words and phrases and talks in the voice of who

he learned it from. Its scary when the bird talks with my voice because i certainly do not look like a bird.

SweetBrenda
07-18-2004, 06:45 PM
I have a

dog who thinks she is human and a african grey parrot that talks up a storm. He learns words and phrases and talks

in the voice of who he learned it from. Its scary when the bird talks with my voice because i certainly do not

look like a bird.
Did you pay a lot for your parrot? how long did it take you to teach him how to

talk??

SweetBrenda
07-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Brenda,

Dogs are great friends and wonderful protectors but they should be treated with respect, like you would any other

friend.Oh Bel, I have 3 dogs and I love them dearly. I'm just somewhat afraid of his dog. Since my dogs are

so little comparted to Mimi. But even when I don't play much with her I give her some attention when she comes near

me. I personally wouldn't get a PitBull. Simply not my type of dog.. But I'm a animal lover :lovestruc .

SweetBrenda
07-18-2004, 06:50 PM
I’ve got a 19

year old tabby named “Slash” (Because of all the scars on his face when I found him). He used to be a great bird

hunter, but now he just lays in the sun and dreams a lot.I liked that note.
hugs to you

Aka.

burgerama1960
07-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Actually the bird who I

named Al Bundy just learns things on his own. I never really tried to teach him anything at all. He dances and waves

hello, whistles songs, and is one heck of a stand up comedian. He constantly makes me laugh. He will live about 60

years if he stays healthy. I paid $900.00 for the bird,cage,and supplies. For all the entertainment he provides for

me and my friends it was money well spent.

belgareth
07-19-2004, 02:11 PM
I've never had any experience

with birds but have read that parrots are very fast learners and have good reasoning ability. But I've also heard

that some of them have bad dispositions and can be destructive. Have you had any experience with that? Their beaks

and claws are pretty strong, I wouldn't want one with a bad temper. Is any of the true, in your experience?

Holmes
07-19-2004, 02:17 PM
But I've also

heard that some of them have bad dispositions and can be destructive. Have you had any experience with

that?

Yes, with someone's else's bird.

(And, no, I'm no friend of Dorothy's.)

burgerama1960
07-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Well, they can be just like

little kids at times. If they want to come out of their cage and you don't let them they can let it be known they

are not happy. Yes some birds are like that but mine is a comedian hence the name bundy.

Sacogoo
07-19-2004, 10:01 PM
I had

cockatiels.

Fag.

Now listening to: The Pet Shop Boys' "Discography"

(C'mon! Laugh

you homophobic freaks! That's funny as all get out in so many ways!)

Sacogoo
07-19-2004, 10:15 PM
I

have 3 Dachshunds they are red ( 2 females & 1 male ). They're very smart dogs. The girls are so calm &

very well behaved (sassy & Precious) Precious loves to play with her ball..She sees me getting that ball &

her eyes get real big! her ears way up! she barks so loud when I tease her with it by not throwing it right away LOL

so darn cute she knows a few tricks. Sassy is a chubby one & she is the sweetest thing ever she is lazy & she wants

attention constanly or else she makes this weird noise like if is she was "crying" LOL she is adorable:)! Glitter is

the male ( okay I know that is not the appropiate name for a male dog LOL but I'm a Mariah Carey fan and I got

Glitter right when Mariah's movie came out so I had to name him after her 1st movie.. poor doggy ) Now Glitter is a

disaster! he tries to scape all the time as soon as the front door is open he doesn't

hesitate & takes off omg he's runs so fast! he makes me so

mad.. He likes to chews on "everything" specially shoes & toys! every single blanket I giving him he shreds! I

don't understand what's wrong with him :confused: but the thing I can't stand is when he gets to excited when I

give him attention & he pisses all over me :eek:! *ugh*... But even than I still love him very much just as much as

the rest. He's is just a disaster I'm going to rename him to disaster! LOL...Ahhhh I love those doggies

they are my kids. Lyndsey loves sassy the most! :lovestruc

I really want a Basett hound!!! I'm

getting one for Christmas! so I'm trying hard to be a good girl so Santa can bring me one :D

Do you have any

pets?

I nominate this as, by far, the best drunk post of the year. (Kicks the

hell out of my half a fifth of Jimmy Beam and a couple of Coors anti-Bush rant of yesterday. Weird, though. The

brown shirts haven't come to drag me away as of yet. Maybe the Love-scent forum is a low priority search for the

Ashcroft Gestapo.)

Oh. Pets. Right. Two collies, one cat, some fish, and a rat that bites like a starved

crocodile. (SOB already bled me, my daughter, my brother, one of my nephews, one of my girlfriends, one of my

girlfriends kids, and my neighbor. However, the little killer still pisses off my ex, so he's got the proverbial

ticket to ride.) I also got a bunch of wild bird feeders and sometimes I throw old meat into the yard to watch the

Magpies and Crows go ballistic on each other. (Nothing like nature for quality violent entertainment.)

Now

listening to: Ted Nugent's "Great Gonzo - Greatest Hits"

beachboy
07-21-2004, 12:06 PM
<-- My new dog, he's on

steroids.

Bruce
07-21-2004, 02:03 PM
<-- My new dog,

he's on steroids.

I could tell. It's the red eye thing. That always gives you away. Then again

maybe it was the syringe in the mouth thing.

Actually, I came here to write about my dog. She is the most

amazing athelete; no kidding. You just haven't lived until you see her leap 10 feet into the air for a frisbee.

It is insane, and then comes the victory lap around the yard. That is priceless too; leaping and shaking the thing

from side to side like a nut.

You can devise any resonable contest between dog and human and she will win it.

OK, her spelling is not too good. But we have this new challenge where I set a toy of hers about a foot in front

of her and try to flick it away with my foot and she can snag it with one of her paws. As fast as I can kick that

thing in any direction, she will track it and stamp a paw down on it before it moves out of her reach. I kid you

not, it is uncanny. It's like trick photography. There is a brief blur of action, and the next thing you know the

toy is trapped under her paw.

I guess I am one of those pathetic dog owners. :-)

B

beachboy
07-21-2004, 02:56 PM
I could tell.

It's the red eye thing. That always gives you away. Then again maybe it was the syringe in the mouth

thing.

He wants to be Mr. Olympia next year. So i give him some vetinary steroids. I don't like his

roidrage though.

SweetBrenda
07-21-2004, 04:27 PM
looks like Precious (dog) is

preggy!!!!!!!!!! omg I'm going to be a Mommy again!! aw! she is so adorable:)..I noticed she was somewhat chubbier

& I felt her tummy I'm almost positive she is preggy since my little one saw them doing their thing and I cought

them a few times too... Lyndsey was so mad at Glitter since Precious sounded like she was crying so here Lyndsey

thought he was hurting her & being mean to Precious... She was looking for the broom !:eek: omg I was like nooooo

sweety leave them alone..*giggles* it was easy to explain to her what was happening since we both love puppies all I

had to say they are "making puppies" she had more questions & I had some good answers.. Mommies are good for quick

come backs ;)
BTW Bruce your dog seems like one of a kind...You're so lucky to have her in your family. Very

intelligent & active just perfect for your kids.

SweetBrenda
07-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Besides taking her to the vet

is there another way for me to find out if in fact she is pregnant?... They should come out with a pregnancy test

for animals too.. So I could just swing by Walgreens Pharmacy and get them*grins*

Bruce
07-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Besides taking

her to the vet is there another way for me to find out if in fact she is pregnant?... They should come out with a

pregnancy test for animals too.. So I could just swing by Walgreens Pharmacy and get them*grins*

Ever

try getting a dog to pee into a bottle?

B

SweetBrenda
07-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Ever try getting

a dog to pee into a bottle?

Bhehehehe umm nah not really... why,, have you?:blink:
*grins*:drunk:

Bruce
07-21-2004, 07:09 PM
hehehehe umm nah

not really... why,, have you?:blink:
*grins*:drunk:

You need to do that for the pregnancy

test.

b

SweetBrenda
07-21-2004, 07:21 PM
You need to do

that for the pregnancy test.

b oooooooooh I get it lmao okay it only took me 45 minutes to get your

joke:o. LOL:rofl:
(funny guy ) :p
omg I'm embarrased now... (laughs)

SweetBrenda
07-21-2004, 10:48 PM
You need to do

that for the pregnancy test.

bVery true. I guess this could be difficult. LOL but yet not a bad idea

after all... A pregnant test for animals but yet not necessary done by urine test. hmmm