View Full Version : Group Memberships

CptKipling
07-16-2004, 07:01 PM
In the User CP,

what are they?

Webmaster
07-17-2004, 08:11 AM
The additional usergroups are

joinable groups that are IN ADDITION to your normal registered member group. They are versatile in use and can be

for such things as increased forum permissions, access to private areas, etc.

Bruce is aware of the

possibilities as well as the leadership team of the board. It is up to them to figure a way to use them ;)

Bruce
07-17-2004, 10:04 AM
CK,

A good example would be a

special group for guys like you who have been around since the beginning of time, helping newbies pros and mods

alike. We would give it a name like "Good Ol' Boys/Girls". There would be some basic requirements for admission;

say, minimum post count, rep, and store points maybe. Then when somebody had all that together, he/she could apply

for membership. Then if/when they were accepted they would be electronically made a member of that group

automatically granting them access to certain features, among which might be a private members-only forum that would

not even appear to regular users; special discount coupouns, advance sales of new products before others get to

them, automatic freebies of new gel packets when they come out, ability to change your user title at your own whim.

Stuff like that.

Another idea I had was to create a "special interest group" for boomers, with its own

private forum, called the Boomer Room I think, which would be dedicated to boomer issues like keeping spice in the

marriage, lead in the pencil, all the cards in the deck. Stuff like that.

Sound interesting?

Bruce

bjf
07-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Yep :type:

CptKipling
07-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the replies guys,

sounds great!

bjf
07-17-2004, 11:43 AM
You're welcome. :)