PDA

View Full Version : Baggy Eyes

avce
07-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Hi,

I've always had a

problem with black baggy circles appearing underneath my eye and no matter how much I sleep I still get them. Does

anyone know of any things that can help me get rid of them? I've tried cucumber treatment, drinking a lot of water,

sleeping with a higher pillow but they still appear. Any ideas?

Gegogi
07-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Preparation-H is will shrink

eyebags temporarily. The only permanent fix I know of is to go under the knife.

DrSmellThis
07-15-2004, 02:24 AM
Does that mean you can use

Visine in your butt? I know you can use cucumbers there.

In Chinese medicine, eyes represent kidney and

pancreatic function. They also can show allergies and food sensitivities, as well as microbial imbalances. So that

should be enough for you to investigate for a while. I believe they are your most likely culprits.

bjf
07-15-2004, 06:07 AM
Use butcher's broom. It is a root

that comes in little capsules. 500 mg, take 2. It will strenghen the capilaries and keep them from

bursting.

You can also use witch hazel. The pads that you do use for hermoroids (which are basically very

similar to puffy eyes) are usually 50 percent witch hazel (it will say), and you can use that to wipe under your

eyes.

There's some kidney related stuff, but if it is chronic in you, my guess it is not jus some imbalance

or food sensitivity. But you can use some sea salt or whatever to help your kidney if the above stuff doesn't

work.

Holmes
07-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Does that mean

you can use Visine in your butt? I know you can use cucumbers there.

In Chinese medicine, eyes represent

kidney and pancreatic function. They also can show allergies and food sensitivities, as well as microbial

imbalances. So that should be enough for you to investigate for a while. I believe they are your most likely

culprits.

You beat me to it. :D

Dark circles indicate kidney, adrenal, and pancreatic

deficiencies (along with possible allergies and food sensitivities.)

No topical remedies have ever worked for

me. Period. I highly recommend acupuncture.

The bagginess is often indicative of allergies.

beachboy
07-15-2004, 08:36 AM
bags = fat. I'd go under the

kinfe if i were you.

DrSmellThis
07-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Listen to me and Holmes,

except for the Visine part. Don't spend too much time or money on the topical stuff. This has to do with the rest

of your body.

Possible and common microbial problems, for example, include most prominently candida. These would

be the more fundamental conditions if acute, and might require things like probiotics, garlic and oregano oil. A

nutritional/suppplement approach works here.

Kidney "Chi" and Pancreas Chi are related, in that one supports the

other one when taxed. A good acupuncturist/Chinese herbalist can help you with that. Common stuff.

Wheat/dairy

food allergies/sensitivities are common examples in that category. You could try giving these up for a week and see

if it helps. Regular allergies (e.g., dust, mold) could cause this too, with concomitant adrenal strain. Stress can

also cause adrenal strain, as can excessive ejaculation.

You should be able to treat this just fine of you

explore all our suggestions.

I'm going to have Shaq take care of Beachboy.

SweetBrenda
07-17-2004, 09:10 PM
bags = fat.

I'd go under the kinfe if i were you.
Geez! :trout:

belgareth
07-17-2004, 09:48 PM
bags = fat.

I'd go under the kinfe if i were you.
Really? I have bags under my eyes sometimes and am not the least

bit fat. In some cases that is true. Age also contributes, as do medical conditions and heridity. They'd be a lot

better off getting the opinion of a medical professional because it can indicate a serious problem.

avce
07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Well I don't think its a medical

condition because I had it since I was a little kid and my father also has dark baggy eyes so I thought it was just

genetics.

DrSmellThis
07-18-2004, 02:18 AM
Medical conditions can be

genetic.

belgareth
07-18-2004, 04:19 AM
Well I don't think

its a medical condition because I had it since I was a little kid and my father also has dark baggy eyes so I

thought it was just genetics.
Drsmellthis has a good point. Would there be any harm in asking a doctor?

You eliminate one possibility and he/she may have some suggestions based on medical facts even if it is not a

problem. I've always found that getting expert advice first is the best course.

Holmes
07-18-2004, 06:47 AM
I've always

found that getting expert advice first is the best course.

It is, but in many cases medical doctor

does not equal expert. Many simply do not believe in acupuncture and other "holistic" forms of treatment. Sad but

true.

Find a good naturopath.

belgareth
07-18-2004, 09:27 AM
It is, but in

many cases medical doctor does not equal expert. Many simply do not believe in acupuncture and other "wholistic"

forms of treatment. Sad but true.

Find a good naturopath.
Both approaches have their strong points and

should be included. An MD or a naturopath mean little unless they take the trouble to do their job correctly. Fools

and charlatens in every field. I assume a person makes a point to find somebody competent.

bjf
07-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Try butcher's broom and see if it

works.

If you have poor circulation (extremities get cold) then it should work for you.

Holmes
07-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Both approaches

have their strong points and should be included. An MD or a naturopath mean little unless they take the trouble to

do their job correctly. Fools and charlatens in every field.

I agree. Explore all avenues. I was just

saying that, in my experience, I've found even the most advanced and experimental mainstream practitioners to be

shockingly closed-minded to treatments which, while outside the box, might actually improve and even save lives.

That might have to do with locale, though. Integrative medicine is more commonly accepted on the West

Coast.

"Somewhere is the World's Worst Doctor. And somebody has an appointment to see him tomorrow!" -

George Carlin

DrSmellThis
07-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Unless you have other

symptoms, baggy eyes is the type of thing alternative care does better than allopathic care, IMHO. That is not to

say you don't see what a western physician has to say.

avce
07-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Yah I plan to see my doctor about it

next week and see what he has to say.

DrSmellThis
07-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Thyroid problems are another

possibility, but more women get those.

Newbie gal
11-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Why don't you go to 'Beauty

Spa' and try the 'soft laser facial treatment' on your eyes. It tightens the skin as well as reduces the bags

under the eyes. It's about $100-$150 per treatment depending on which spa you go to. You'll look like new after

a set of 10-treatment sessions. They mostly come in 10 sessions - one per week.