PDA

View Full Version : Chikara Sprayer Analysis - My Take

camusflage
07-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Guys:
I've been playing around with the sprayer for awhile.. It appears it is NOT the head. It appears there

may be an internal, mechanical problem. I removed the head and soaked it in water. After letting water pool up in

it, I used my thumb as a diaphragm and pushed it out through the nozzle, emitting a rough spray of water. No

problem, or so I thought.

Once I put the head on the assembly, it still didn't come out, and after a couple

of sprays, I had Chikara dribbling out underneath again. I removed the head and began looking at the

guts.

After a few more dribblings of pumping it gently without the sprayer, I put a small paperclip down the

hole in the assembly. After pressing down a few times (GENTLY!), increasing stroke length until I hit bottom, it

"let loose" and began pumping product up.

I put the head back on, and wonder of wonders, it started working

again. YMMV, but this may have fixed my problem. We'll see what happens tomorrow when I spray it on. On second

thought, that may not happen tomorrow. I've got enough dabbed on from the dribbled out that I may be hard-pressed

to get enough of it off of me to need to reapply! :)

A Sack of Puddles
07-13-2004, 03:37 PM
I had the same

problem. What I did was (carefully) pried the entire top off the bottle and poured it into an atomizer. works fine

for me. Just be careful not to spill it when removing the top and that your atomizer is sterile.

"I'm not a

master debator, but I may be a cunning linguist..."

camusflage
07-13-2004, 08:32 PM
From what I've read, the

atomizer was made to deliver a very small amount of product because it's meant for LIGHT usage. Just looking and

without testing, I'd say the 10ml atomizer bruce sells delivers 3x the spray through it that this one does. I never

got it, but perhaps the mini pheromax atomizer would be the ideal delivery mechanism.

DrSmellThis
07-13-2004, 08:42 PM
The only real issue is whether

the amount sprayed is consistent. I could care less whether I need to spray once or twice. I like the fact that the

amount is small.

sikdogg
07-14-2004, 08:44 AM
I got mine to finally works also

by pumping it (full strokes) it several times without the head. The spray isn't consistent but it works now...

A Sack of Puddles
07-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Mine also works well

if I pump it with full strokes... Always have had the problem of an inconsistent spray, but I guess they have

medication for that now for that now...:blink:

J/k