PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Down

SweetBrenda
07-12-2004, 07:53 PM
We all have those days

when we are feeling somewhat down. What do you normaly do to snap out of it?

SweetBrenda
07-12-2004, 08:00 PM
I don't know what's the

matter with me today but no matter what I tried to snap out of this feeling nothing is working. I Started my day

pretty good ( in fact very goood thanks to a special phone call) so here I thought nothing could go wrong... Was I

wrong! as soon as I got to work things went from bad to terrible. Something happend to me during my lunch hour and

that was hours ago but yet I can't seem to get over feeling down.. ahhhhhhh I tried d/l songs reading around the

forum to keep my mind busy... Yet I'm not feeling any better... I need hug!

Bruce
07-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Well, for what it's worth... we

love you here. [hug]

By the way, I have a lot of things I do to get out of a blue funk, but the easiest is

exercise. If I go to the gym, work out really hard, drink a lot of water and take a shower, I usually feel good no

matter what happened (within reason). That usually gives me a good appetite, which means I'm on the mend; eat a

nice dinner and all is well.

If nothing is really wrong, but I've just sort of let myself get down for no

reason, I can usually give myself a little pep talk and get my groove back. Helping someone get their game back is

usually helpful too.

All the Best gettin' your groove back! You seem like a nice person; you don't hurt

anyone. Well, why shouldn't you be happy?
Don't worry, be happy!
Bruce

SweetBrenda
07-12-2004, 09:13 PM
All the Best gettin' your

groove back! You seem like a nice person; you don't hurt anyone. Well, why shouldn't you be happy?
Don't worry,

be happy!
Bruce.
I really Appreciate your nice comment & advice. I'll be back to normal in no time

I'm sure.. Tomorrow the Gym forsure. As for now some ice cream sounds good.. Thank you for the hug

Bruce.:)
Brenda

burgerama1960
07-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Yes sometimes ya get blue

but what i usually do is exercise and go to bed early. Sometimes you get the blues when your really tired. Otherwise

pop in a funny movie or come talk to us.

DrSmellThis
07-13-2004, 11:35 AM
We're glad you're here, SB!

[hug]

Exercise is the most dependable thing, though you're rarely in the mood for it at first when down.

But you're fine after you get over the hump. Being a good friend to someone or being helpful to someone works,

too. Purposeful introspection (not just thinking about negative things) by yourself is tough, but also helps.

Early bed times help, since feeling physically good usually means mentally good. Raw veggies can help. Talking to a

friend helps. Comedies help. Ice cream is very temporary, and you will tend to want to crash afterward, from the

sugar.

metroman
07-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Instead of Ice Cream try a nice

piece of healthy fruit. Orange, Apples, Bananas...they all make me feel better after I've eaten them...I know I'm

doing something postive for my body & mind. Hope you're felling better...Cyber Hug out to you. :)

Gegogi
07-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Brenda, I use St. John's Wort,

available at most drug and health stores. It's made from a plant with natural antidepressant qualities. The only

downside is it is known to defeat the pill and increase sun sensitivity. Also, licorice root boiled as tea (or eaten

if you can stand it) gives ya a quick moot lift. I often use both before performances and it wards off stage fright

like a charm.

DCW
07-13-2004, 06:05 PM
It's ok to feel a little down at

times, just another part of life.
Try to focus on all the positives that you have going for you like your youth,

friends, loving family and so on, once you put things in perspective then you'll start to feel rather fortunate I

think.
I’m not a big fan of popping pills for every little thing, in fact I’m willing to bet that by the time you

read this your spirits would of already be lifted.

DCW

SweetBrenda
07-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Let me take this moment to

thank each and everyone who care enough to leave me a nice note. I really needed to read nice things. Thank

you!. I took the day off from work today due to not feeling any better. I couldn't get motivated this morning

to go to work. And it felt good to be away from there today. I used to get extremely stressed out from work since

were I work is so hectic all the time. I understand is just "work" but I let to many little things get to me very

easly & there's days like yesterday when I'm more sensative than other days & is when I can't handle it anymore &

I end up feeling real bad/ down/depressed... Usually I'm all smiles so when ever I don't feel myself, those who

know me notice the change right away & I have ppl asking often what's wrong w/me & that doesn't help me any...

Once someone told me there's a moment in everyone lives when we need to learn how to listen to the inner voice

who's telling you enough is enough stop everything and take a moment to take a deep breath and relax think and see

around me...Taking a break from whatever is it that I'm doing helps a lot & if that doesn't work than taking a day

off to pamper myself then to do it.. Eventually that will make me feel a lot better... So today I did listen to my

inner voice & I called in... Work is work and the pile of documents will always be there regardless if I'm there or

not. Today was all about me giving me some TLC & I got some & now I have other issues to deal with but at list my

mind is a little more clear. Burgerama Thanks for the advice & you are very correct I was very very very tired too

so I'm sure that made things seem worse than what really was. xxx. Doc what can I tell you? you always there with

the right thing to say I always enjoy reading what you have to say around the forum. xxxx. Metroman that was a good

point there! I love fruit & is definately healthier than to have some ice-cream plus this way I won't have to work

extra at the GYM to bad I had ice cream already but I will keep this in mind next time I get the blues.. Thanks!

xxx. Gegogi thank you for letting me about St. John's Wort .. I over heard about this once before but I didn't pay

much attention since I wasn't part of that conversation all I could recall was the name since is different/unique

to me anyhow I didn't know what those people were talking about but I heard that name & is good to know what is it

for..... I rather take this than pills!! I will check into this Thanks! xxx.
Once again Thank you all I

appreciate the replies.
Sincerely,
Brenda

SweetBrenda
07-13-2004, 06:20 PM
It's ok to feel a

little down at times, just another part of life.
Try to focus on all the positives that you have going for you like

your youth, friends, loving family and so on, once you put things in perspective then you'll start to feel rather

fortunate I think.
I’m not a big fan of popping pills for every little thing, in fact I’m willing to bet that by

the time you read this your spirits would of already be lifted.

DCWHi there, thank you for the

note. You may not know this but while we were chatting last night you actually help me feel better.. So what you

said is right "friends" are good to have & I'm glad I have a new one.
xxx

Lovebug
07-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi Sweetbrenda
Sorry you are

feeling down Brenda, We all get like that sometimes,try watching some comedies like the movie Airplane, that always

cheers me up.

CptKipling
07-16-2004, 06:48 PM
I go for a run listening to

good music.

Of course, being in the UK, this works best in the summer on those fantastic

barely-a-cloud-in-the-sky days.

Most of the time when I get down I am just tired, but then over sleeping can

also make me feel down :think:

Smile :D

SweetBrenda
07-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Im feeling back to normal.

Thank God! someone who I care a lot for helped me get back to my normal self.. Friends can definately be so handy

when we need them the most. Knowing that someone loves you too can makes a big difference as well. Because you know

that special someone is there to hear you worries & gives you support. I'm very lucky in this aspect. But sometimes

when I'm feeling way to down is hard to look at those things... But,,,, I'm feeling good once again.

burgerama1960
07-16-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm glad to hear your back

to yourself, Stay happy.

SweetBrenda
07-16-2004, 08:44 PM
I'm

glad to hear your back to yourself, Stay happy.Thank you! I will do my best.

Emmiefree
09-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Brenda, as you know I have

been alone for a while now, and what I do to take myself out of the blues, is look at my kids, and remember the good

things in life. Eventually, I start feeling better. No one can make you feel better but you.. Sorry hun~~

SweetBrenda
09-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Brenda, as

you know I have been alone for a while now, and what I do to take myself out of the blues, is look at my kids, and

remember the good things in life. Eventually, I start feeling better. No one can make you feel better but you..

Sorry hun~~I know Emmie, and believe me my little one is the one who keeps me going many times

when I get to feel this way. I'm glad I have good friends who are there for me. Happy to say I haven't been

feeling down in a while now. Staying busy helps me a

lot.
xxx