PDA

View Full Version : Scientific proof?

Traggard
07-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Is there any scientific proof of pheromone product increasing the perceived attractiveness of the

wearer? Any double blind study showing that test group A that uses a specific pheromone product gets laid in average

7 times a year, while test group B who uses a placebo product gets laid in average 4 times a

year?

If pheromone products really worked then such a study would

easily increases sales tremendously. However, all I see here is anecdotic evidence. And anecdotic evidence is almost

no evidence at all.

I am not looking for evidence that pheromones

play a role in human mating. I have no doubt of that. I am looking for scientific proof for the beneficial effect of

specific pheromone products.

belgareth
07-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Is there any scientific proof of pheromone product increasing the perceived attractiveness of the

wearer? Any double blind study showing that test group A that uses a specific pheromone product gets laid in average

7 times a year, while test group B who uses a placebo product gets laid in average 4 times a year?

If pheromone products really worked then such a study would easily increases sales

tremendously. However, all I see here is anecdotic evidence. And anecdotic evidence is almost no evidence at all.

I am not looking for evidence that pheromones play a role in

human mating. I have no doubt of that. I am looking for scientific proof for the beneficial effect of specific

pheromone products.Traggard,

Try this link

http://www.pherolibrary.com/phero-links.html. Quite a few

articles that should help you.

A study like you described has too many variables, you'd never be able to draw

anything conclusive from it.

Gegogi
07-12-2004, 01:35 PM
"Is there any scientific proof of

pheromone product increasing the perceived attractiveness of the wearer? Any double blind study showing that test

group A that uses a specific pheromone product gets laid in average 7 times a year, while test group B who uses a

placebo product gets laid in average 4 times a year?"

If all things were equal as humanly possible--sets of

identical twins interacting with other identical twins in the same environment--a study like this would still have

too many variables, e.g., differing personalities, to be conclusive. Plus, getting enhanced attention from

pheromones and getting laid are two very different things. One depends on application of 'nomes and the other

interpersonal skills and attractiveness.

DrSmellThis
07-12-2004, 02:19 PM
There are a few such studies.

See also my "phero references" thread. Do a title search.

Too many variables isn't the problem -- too little

funding is. Most serious researchers are afraid of the academic political ramifications of studying human sexuality

so blatantly.

Pancho1188
07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Please read my "Memoirs"

posting in the open discussion forum for my response to this. Holy Pheromones, Batman! (a play on

names...Batman->Bruce Wayne->Bruce...har, har) That should be a standard reading on the website! It should be under

a link entitled, "Do pheromones really work? A practical analysis."

:thumbsup: