PDA

View Full Version : Experimentation Spreadsheet

CptKipling
07-10-2004, 05:53 PM
If you

haven't done already, please check it out at www.pherolibrary.com (http://www.pherolibrary.com) (choose

the "open" option for now please!).

I wanted to create a separate thread for this, so the main pherolibrary one

doesn't get clogged up.

Please post questions, comments, suggestions, and problems here.

Looking through it

you will see the "Application Calculator" section. On the right are the values for the default application method

(e.g .13 mls for a A4.2 spray). I didn't have the time or the means to get the figures for all of the products (I

have probably made some mistakes with the ones I did record), so if people have them or would like to find them out,

please post the values here in the format:

Product - Units per ml - Volume of unit

If you're lazy you can

just tell me the product and the "units per ml" value.

CptKipling
07-12-2004, 03:11 PM
El bumpo!

Has anyone used

it?

Gossamer_2701
07-12-2004, 03:28 PM
El

bumpo!

Has anyone used it?
I've gone through the whole thing... I even used the mix calculator. It

looks and works great.... so I'm not sure what you're asking in the first post in this thread.

I'm not a

scientist... so I really have no idea about those conversions and calculations..... sorry I can't help ya

more:think:

CptKipling
07-12-2004, 04:52 PM
That's no problem Goss I was

just wondering if people were trying it (thanks btw!) :)

RE the first post:
On the Application Calculator I

made a few assumptions based on how much liquid you get from the default application method for each product (like a

drop of AE, an inch of SOE, etc.). Most of them are probably wrong because I only guess them, so if anyone has

any regarding the volumes for any product I would be greatfull.

BDC_Concepts
07-13-2004, 05:22 PM
If you own any of the

products, you can take one, AE for example, and put 100 drops into a measurable container (graduated cylinder

perhaps), and then divide to find the average drop volume.

CptKipling
07-14-2004, 11:17 AM
If you own

any of the products, you can take one, AE for example, and put 100 drops into a measurable container (graduated

cylinder perhaps), and then divide to find the average drop volume.
If you have the time and/or impetus

;)

I've done that with a few products (measured out a ml or 2 and counted how many drops it has taken...), but

I ran out of steam.

DrSmellThis
07-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Wow, that looks really

extensive! Great work, CptKip! It would take me a while to learn to use it, but very cool.

SLK
07-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Great job Cpt!

CptKipling
07-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys!

I have just

updated it (fixed a few small problems and added the new Pmax formula), so be sure you have the current version!

CptKipling
07-20-2004, 05:55 PM
I should imagine a few people

have tried it by now, so what are your thoughts? Critisism welcome as always ;)

ManBeast
07-20-2004, 10:44 PM
I've been messing around with

it... Very easy to use, I just wish I knew exactly what I was "trying" to mix up! :D

MB

CptKipling
09-23-2004, 03:10 PM
bump for recent interest

MOBLEYC57
09-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Capitano...once there was talk

about the mone range in the hits were consistent. Don't remember if it was found as fact, but if it was, maybe you

could put something like....

.094 is where the hits are consistent

.111 is where the hits drop off

....at the bottom of the page where you have the three choices. And, JB1 should be on the list of products, no?

Just a thought.:run:

CptKipling
09-23-2004, 05:10 PM
So like some mixing tips?

Although general tips would be easy, I would be less happy coming up with numbers to guide people, simply because

there hasn't been enough research, by anyone, to accurately make any bold statements about the limits.

Maybe

we can work on something though, I'll get a beta version of my usage log up and running soon.

CptKipling
09-23-2004, 05:11 PM
What size is the SPMO bottle? I

just noticed the question marks in the Product Info...

CptKipling
09-23-2004, 05:15 PM
What I have written about the

Usage Log in another thread.

I glad to have some feedback on the spreadsheet

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Actually, there was another part that I was

working on which was aimed at being a phero usage log, where you typed in the phero quantities for your

mix/application and recorded dosages, application points, locations and results.

Is this what you are asking for?

Or more of a "Mix Combo" page where you mix/applied two different mixes (perhaps a mix and a product)

together?

Ask and tho shalt receive http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

You would state your application dosage for a particular day (or a situation, if you wash and then reapply

in the same day), and mark the mix on various criteria (I left it as "Passive", as in random attention without you

doing anything, "Active" for when you have made an effort, and "Social" for general social settings - but these can

be changed). The sheet then takes the dosage figures and the marks they got to give you a general best dose, states

the location your mix performed best in, and what criteria it performed best at (passive, active, social,

etc.).

Any input?

Back to the second half of the spreadsheet, I aim to have it in a form

that allows the creation of a database with all of the info, perhaps revisiting Scientists work to find the optimum

-none dosage, and things like that.

eric_pelletier_tw
09-24-2004, 09:37 AM
would you mind if i

take your thingy & integrate it in a program compiled prog. ?

CptKipling
09-24-2004, 10:02 AM
What do you mean?

PM me

bjf
09-24-2004, 10:03 AM
I think he means make a computer

application

CptKipling
09-24-2004, 10:15 AM
While it's a good idea,

updating it with new products might be harder. At the moment I can add a new product in around 30 secs, I 'm not

sure if a program could allow that kind of flexibility without being very complex. Still, send me a PM and we can

talk about it.

CptKipling
11-28-2004, 12:52 PM
If you have an old

version downloaded, make sure you get this one.