PDA

View Full Version : about edge...

jimmy007
07-08-2004, 04:24 PM
whats the difference

between the original edge and the essential??which one do u prefer?

DrSmellThis
07-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Most prefer the essentials,

but only if they like the essential oil scents of cedar, or vetiver/clary sage. If you prefer unscented, get the

regular.

bjf
07-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Edge Heat.

Bruce
07-09-2004, 06:40 AM
I am totally into Essentials Heat.

If you have that, give it a good shot. It is good stuff. The unscented is the same pheros, but you have to be

careful to cover it with a strong fragrance.

Bruce

InternationalPlayboy
07-09-2004, 08:52 AM
I am

totally into Essentials Heat. If you have that, give it a good shot. It is good stuff. The unscented is the same

pheros, but you have to be careful to cover it with a strong fragrance.

Bruce

The product

description says that Heat has vetivert and clearisage essential oils in it. I have vetivert oil, so I know what it

smells like, those imported woven fans some stores carry are made of vetivert root. Does clearisage smell sage like?

My main oil/herb reference is Cunningham's Aromatherapy book I've mentioned a couple of times before. They list a

"clary sage," which I assume is the same thing. I like his description of some of the effects:

Perhaps

clary sage's most celebrated effect upon humans in its legendary ability to induce euphoria when inhaled for a few

moments.

In times of great mental or emotional stress, inhale clary sage essential oil.

This will allow you to temporarily release these problems. Afterward, calmly deal with them in the appropriate way.

For more general purposes,clary sage essential oil can be inhaled for short periods of time to relax the body and

mind.

and

Marcel Lavabre, in The Handbook of Aromatherapy, writes that clary

sage oil may be of help in releasing female sexual disfunction (frigidity).

With the characteristics

listed above, combined with the alleged mystical properties of vetivert, protection and money attraction, it sounds

like a great combination. I was thinking of getting Arouser sometime as I like cedar and I had its scent imprinted

upon me when I was first developing sexually, but there is a guy in his 60s at work who has started smelling like

cedar. Not only is it kind of disturbing as cedar is a sexually related smell for me, but I don't want to go around

smelling like an "old" man (everything's relative, I'm 44). So you've almost got me sold on the Heat.

bjf
07-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Arouser you can't be in proximity to

people for 15 minutes or so until the scent dies down, because it smells bad initially. It is good once you

are wearing it for 1-7 hours or whatever, but if you apply mones in situations when you are around people, it

becomes very difficult to use.

Bruce
07-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Maybe DST can help on here, but I

*was* convinced that the content discriptions I was given for the two men's products (Heat and Arrouser) were mixed

up. I am not very familiar with e-oils, but the Heat smells to me like something sort of natural and woodsy, even

specifically like cedar wood. I live in Oregon and work with wood a lot and love those smells. Heat smells like

fresh cut cedar to me. Now over to the Arrouser, that smells like patchouli to me and nothing like the smell of

cedar wood. So, hey, I just figured they got the names and the ingredients mixed up. DST thinks not though, so....

All I know is I like Heat and it smells sort of natural, light woodsy while Arrouser is heavy and patchouli-like

to me.

B

InternationalPlayboy
07-09-2004, 09:19 AM
I was wondering

about that Bruce, I recall you mentioning that Heat smelled like cedar to you. With BJF's description of Arouser,

it does seem they are mixed up. I know that vetivert is pretty strong in it's EO form. It was kind of an acquired

taste for me. Actually, for imprintiing reasons stated above, along with it always having been a favorite smell, I

still prefer cedar over vetivert.

einstein
07-11-2004, 05:51 AM
I honestly don't know what

vetivert or clearisage smells like, but I'm guessing clearisage smells something like sage, the kitchen spice.

I just got my heat yeasterday, wow!! This is strong stuff. I sprayed it on to test, and got a big breath of the

spray, started coughing.
The smell does remind me of little evergreen bushes and kitchen spices. Doesn't smell

cedar-like to me. I honestly don't know what vetivert or clearisage smells like, but I'm guessing clearisage

smells something like sage, the kitchen spice.
Even after its been on me for a while, and some of it has faded,

it still makes me cough to take a deep breath of it. Its possible I'm allergic to it. I know that washing the

fiesta salsa (pico de gallo) pan makes me cough, and that has a lot of cilantro in it. Cilantro and clary sage oils

contain some of the same chemicals: linalol, geranyl acetate.
I wore it to work, one of my coworkers kept sneezing.

She couldn't figure out why, but she joked that she was allergic to working with me.

I believe handtohandking

was wearing heat for his experiments when people on the train or bus were coughing. It was probably the essential

oils, not the -none, causing the caughing.

Bruce
07-11-2004, 07:19 AM
Yeah, maybe spicey is a better

discription than woodsy. I guess I was expecting a cedar smell from one of the two, and Heat seemed closer to it

than Arrouser.

B