PDA

View Full Version : Not staying logged in

Friendly1
07-07-2004, 11:22 AM
For some

reason, every time I visit the forum, Mozilla doesn't remember my login. I keep checking the little box but I have

to login again. I am not having this problem with other forums. Any ideas on what may be causing the problem?

BassMan
07-07-2004, 12:48 PM
For some reason,

every time I visit the forum, Mozilla doesn't remember my login. I keep checking the little box but I have to login

again. I am not having this problem with other forums. Any ideas on what may be causing the problem?Your

system needs to be accepting cookies.

Bruce
07-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Our forum uses Girl Scout cookies.

IE browsers don't accept them because of certain Scouting policies that Bill Gates doesn't agree

with.

Actually, if you weren't accepting cookies, I don't think you could navigate the forum at all. So,

it sounds like you are accepting our cookies, chewing on them and then spitting them back out again, which of course

is not very good manners. What can I say? :-)

Seriously now folks, I have no clue. First time I heard of

that happening with the forum. I have that problem myself with a couple of other places I log into frequently

though.

B

Friendly1
07-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Normally, clearing

cache/cookies/rebooting fixes the problem for me. But this is the only forum I log into where I am encountering the

problem.

I will try logging out after posting this message and then logging in again to see if the cookie is

properly reset.

Friendly1
07-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Well, that didn't work. I

guess I can delete all my cookies but I hate doing that.

Webmaster
07-07-2004, 08:35 PM
View your privacy report and add

love-scent.com as a trusted site. Also, make sure love-scent.com has permission to accept all cookies.

The

forum works on two systems: cookies and sessions. It sounds like you are accepting cookies but only for the

duration of the session (which ends when you surf away from the site or close the browser).

Friendly1
07-07-2004, 10:21 PM
I cannot even stay logged in on

the same session now. I have set the default privacy settings to accept all cookies for up to 90 days. I have also

designated this site as "accept all cookies".

But as soon as I try to do something, BAM! I am logged out.

Have you changed the way the cookies are being set?

For example, my bookmark for the forum starts with an IP

address. Could that be the problem? Here is what the IP address for this reply screen/session looks like. If your

cookies are now set by domain name, maybe I need to change the bookmark?

http://66.45.239.227/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=129213&

Webmaster
07-07-2004, 11:05 PM
The forum and cookie sytem is

setup for .love-scent.com and NOT the IP. Please logout then back in to http://pherolibrary.com/forum (no

need to clear your cookie cache). Also, update the bookmark.

Friendly1
07-08-2004, 07:38 AM
That seems to have fixed the

problem. Thanks.

einstein
07-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I was having a worse problem the

past couple days. It wouldn't remember me logged in. I could log in, it would show the "thanks for logging in

einstein, now being redirected" screen and then take me to the main page of the forum not logged in again. I

couldn't even post asking for help!
So I tried everything. Put love-scent into the trusted zone, told IE to

accept all cookies from the forum, ran virus check, then spyware removers, BHO cop, hijack this, rebooted,

reinstalling IE (didn't do much, since I already have all the files) and nothing workied. I still couldn't stay

logged on.

And then I took Friendly's advice and erased all my cookies. And here I am. It's gonna suck

having to relog into everything else, but its worth it to get logged back into here.

einstein
07-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Worst part was no arcade, no

SealBounce :(

Bruce
07-13-2004, 06:28 AM
Einstein,

I am nearly 100% it

is the same problem as Friendly had. You are accessing the forum from a bookmark that uses the love-scent.com IP

address, instead of "love-scent.com" itself. Check your book marks and/or keep an eye on your browser's URL box

when you access the forum. I have a feeling you are going to see an IP address followed by "/forum". That is how

we were all getting to the forum for nearly a month before we switched the domain over.

Noone should have to

go without seal bounce. :) You broke my heart with that.

Bruce

einstein
07-13-2004, 11:41 AM
yeah, I figured that might have

been it. Got my bookmark changed, everythings great. Thanks for the help.

DrSmellThis
07-13-2004, 12:29 PM
I've had that problem on a

regular basis here, though it doesn't happen every time. It's annoying to keep logging in. I was accepting

cookies, and made sure all l-s cookies were protected, but it didn't help. I do use a shortcut to get to the forum.

I'm still confused. :confused:

Webmaster
07-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Make sure the bookmark is not the

IP based address for the forum. Second, log out of the forum (http://pherolibrary.com/forum) and then

login again. Take it for a test spin!