PDA

View Full Version : Question about points store

hotrocks5
07-01-2004, 02:44 AM
1.) What

does the arcade pass do?

2.) What's going on with the discount coupon?

Bruce
07-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Sorry it took so long to answer.

Just notticed your thread.

1. If you buy an arcade pass, you can play all the games for free. If you

*don't* buy the pass, you get dinged a certain number of points every time you play the game. So, if you play a

LOT, it is better to buy a pass. By the way, all the one-time fees go into a jackpot for that particular game you

are playing and whenever somebody hits the top score, they get the jackpot.

2. The discount coupon is

apparently still in limbo. The plan is that forum members (with enough points) be able to "buy" a discount password

that can be used 1 time to get 1/2 price on a set amount of product. Probably I'll start it at $100., so you will

be able to spend a certain amount of points and get a discount password that anyone can use *one time* to get $100.

worth of stuff for $50. You can use it yourself or give it to a friend.

Also, there is a plan in the works

to set up a "virtual booky" in the forum. So, that we an accept "bets" (for points of course) on various events

(eg: the Superbowl, World Cup etc)

Bruce

SweetBrenda
07-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Sorry it took so

long to answer. Just notticed your thread.

1. If you buy an arcade pass, you can play all the games for free. If

you *don't* buy the pass, you get dinged a certain number of points every time you play the game. So, if you play a

LOT, it is better to buy a pass. By the way, all the one-time fees go into a jackpot for that particular game you

are playing and whenever somebody hits the top score, they get the jackpot.

2. The discount coupon is apparently

still in limbo. The plan is that forum members (with enough points) be able to "buy" a discount password that can be

used 1 time to get 1/2 price on a set amount of product. Probably I'll start it at $100., so you will be able to

spend a certain amount of points and get a discount password that anyone can use *one time* to get $100. worth of

stuff for $50. You can use it yourself or give it to a friend.

Also, there is a plan in the works to set up a

"virtual booky" in the forum. So, that we an accept "bets" (for points of course) on various events (eg: the

Superbowl, World Cup etc)

BruceThanks! Bruce I had some questions about this too. Makes sense

now..:thumbsup:

hotrocks5
07-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Thanks for explaining that

Bruce. Another question that I have (which may or may not pertain to another thread) is will you be giving a

special discount to those who have the high scores on the arcade games anytime soon?

Bruce
07-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks for

explaining that Bruce. Another question that I have (which may or may not pertain to another thread) is will you be

giving a special discount to those who have the high scores on the arcade games anytime soon?

Well,

the original plan was to start doing that by hand on a weekly basis, but when I presented that idea to our Webby, he

immediately implemented the "forum store" patch as a way to automate the process. (IE: members would win a pile of

points by taking over first place at any of the games and be able to use those points to buy those discount

coupons). The problem is that the discount coupon part of the system is still not working. Theoretically, high

score winners are racking up the points that they can later use to buy coupon passwords. Is that working? Are

folks winning these jackpots??? Let me know how that is working.

Bruce

hotrocks5
07-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I was just wondering when the

coupon part would be fixed and ready to go. Any rough estimate on a time table?

Webmaster
07-17-2004, 08:09 AM
I should finish the code

additions for the points coupon early this coming week. Sorry for the delay...

lifetransform
08-05-2004, 05:10 AM
Sorry it took

so long to answer. Just notticed your thread.

1. If you buy an arcade pass, you can play all the games for free.

If you *don't* buy the pass, you get dinged a certain number of points every time you play the game. So, if you

play a LOT, it is better to buy a pass. By the way, all the one-time fees go into a jackpot for that particular game

you are playing and whenever somebody hits the top score, they get the jackpot.

Bruce

really? i

don't have an arcade pass and i've been playing seal bounce alot without getting any points knocked off...is it

working properly?

Bruce
08-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Theoretically, it takes the amount

from the "cost" collumn and puts it into the jackpot every time you play, unless you have a pass, then it is free.

I have a pass, so I can't tell if it is charging properly.

B

lifetransform
08-05-2004, 07:47 AM
i just experimented on it

and i don't think it's charging properly. it's supposed to be taking off 10pts each time u play without a pass

right? my pts r still there no change at all.

einstein
08-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Its never charged me. It makes

sure I have enough points to play, but doesn't deduct them. I noticed a long time ago, but wasn't gonna say

anything for obvious reasons.

Bruce
08-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Hmmm.... we'll have to fix that.

:-)

Lifetransform, if it checks to see if you have enough points to play, how did you get started playing

without posting any messages?

B

lifetransform
08-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Hmmm....

we'll have to fix that. :-)

B
DOH!! :blink:

*actually i just started playing and

didn't realized i had to have enough points or anything.