PDA

View Full Version : Hating my home town

manchorito
06-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Missouri City,

Tx; noun, def~worst city imaginable

That is my home town. It's a suburb to Houston (2nd worst city

imaginable) and there is absolutely nothing to do. There are rarely ever parties, too. I go to a pretty average

highschool. I feel like I will never accomplish anything in this God forsaken town. Do any teens have this same

feeling?

Mtnjim
06-30-2004, 01:40 PM
Do any teens

have this same feeling?

All of 'em!!
:blink:

Friendly1
06-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Missouri

City, Tx; noun, def~worst city imaginable

imaginable) and there is absolutely nothing to do. There are rarely ever parties, too. I go to a pretty average

highschool. I feel like I will never accomplish anything in this God forsaken town. Do any teens have this same

feeling?
Someone once told me that where you are is a state of mind.

I suppose that makes some

sense, as I look back on my life.

But I think what is most important is what we achieve with what we have.

Call that a MacGuyver philosophy. I watched that show for several years and loved his ingenuity. He always seemed

to know how to turn any bad situation into something good.

Personally, I love Houston and hate having to leave

it. I hope I can come back some day, or maybe just find a place as great. But I wanted to get out of the little

town where I spent most of my teens so desperately, I can understand how you feel.

I agree with MtnJim. You

are not alone. You're just growing up.

Gossamer_2701
06-30-2004, 02:47 PM
But I think what is

most important is what we achieve with what we have. Call that a MacGuyver philosophy. I watched that show for

several years and loved his ingenuity. He always seemed to know how to turn any bad situation into something good.

Yeah.... he had some pretty kick a$$ writers, didn't he:rofl: (I loved that show)

Manchito..... you

live on the outskirts of HOUSTON.... its a huge city, isn't it? (well compared to cities in CT) I'm sure there is

plenty of teenage social life to go around..... you just need to go out and find it. Well, to be PC... no

underage:drunk: ..... try pool halls and such..... you'll find cool peole to hang out with:smite: .

When you

get there, just choose a good college somewhere you might want to live, and start over then.

a.k.a.
06-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Study hard. Get good grades. Go to

college in Austin.

einstein
06-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Are you thinking of 6th Street?

I've been there once, it was beautiful! It would take a year to visit all of those places. That's a huge party,

full of hot babes.

Just make sure you don't get to a college town like mine. Its a small town of about 15,000,

with an airforce base 12 miles away. We got lots of bars, but for any real entertainment outside of university

sponsored events I have to go an hour to Kansas City.

belgareth
06-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Missouri

City, Tx; noun, def~worst city imaginable

feeling?
I'm from Florida and have lived in the desert, along the gulf coast, on the California coast and

in Alaska, now I live near Dallas. In all my travels the one thing I learned is that any place is pretty much the

same as any other. It's exactly what you make it. Until you decide to be happy somewere, nowhere is going to be any

fun.

There's some good advice posted here, get your education and learn what you need to live well. Then you

can go wherever you want. But while you have to be in Texas, make the best of it.