PDA

View Full Version : Is there any danger of testosterone suppression?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 08:20 AM
Does using pheros have any danger of depressing my own testosterone production?

Or do the levels we use have any danger of causing a Cushinoid syndrome?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 12:46 PM
Ive considered this it seems to be that the effect of externaly (pheros) that it creates more of an illusion for the brain.
And it should be the same as if someone else had pheromones on, you would react by getting more alert etc, the same effect we see in other people we come across while using pheromones (DIHL). ANyone want to add onto this.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 01:30 PM
If it supreses your test, you will know by the atrophy of your balls. (NO JOKE!)

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 10:07 PM
Hey Doc,

I know where you are coming from on this question. I thought it myself. But with pheros if there is any testosterone boost it is not from introducing hormones into the blood stream like with androgens - steroids. If there is a boost it is from our glands themselves. As with other steroids, the testis shut down due to the amount od test or other hormones that are in the body. For those of you who do not know. Steroids or same like drugs will reduce or even enable to testes to shutdown due to the large quantity of test in our systems. We have a physiological system in place , similar in theory to a cut off valve. When we have too much it shuts down and then starts up again after level have fallen way down.

I have not read anything that would indicate that pheros would induce this type of effect. As we are not introducing a hormone that mimics testosterone. If we get a boost it is due to our own natural production. And our testes will not produce an amount large enough to facilitate a shut down of testosterone production.

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 10:43 PM
Ummmh... that raises another question:

Could the use of pheromones for long periods of time diminish our own natural production?

I mean, like another substances, if you put pheros on your body, it says: well, I\'m going to shutdown phero production... you seem to put a lot of this stuff on yourself, so this service is no longer necessary... images/icons/shocked.gif

Whitehall
10-19-2001, 10:55 PM
The regulatory feedback mechanism on the hypothalmus is triggered by free steriod levels. However, the most \"leveraged\" steroid is estrogens. But note that increasing one\'s own testosterone levels will result in increased levels of estrogens since one metabolic degradation pathway for T is into E. That\'s why bodybuilding steroid users have to worry about \"bitch tits.\"

However, one would think that any T increase from pheromone is through the brain increasing the \"setpoint\" or its own \"idea\" of what your T level should be.

So my humble guess is that increased T levels caused by exogenous (externally applied) pheromones would NOT surpress one\'s T levels.

Don\'t quote me - I\'m just speculating.