PDA

View Full Version : Does Hits = Menstrual cycle + Pheros?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-17-2001, 11:22 PM
Has anyone correlated the hit rate with pheromone use and the target\'s menstrual cycle. I read a scientific paper that women could smell androstenol (or was it androstenone) better during ovulation. One would guess that they would be more receptive during ovulation. This would be 14 days after the start of their period. images/icons/laugh.gif

oscar
10-18-2001, 03:49 AM
Doc,

Welcome!
I\'m not sure which issue, but I believe this was addressed in one of the Pheromone News E-Zine back issues. I would look at April or July 1999, these are two of the most informative.

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

jose
10-18-2001, 05:21 AM
I have a product called Mr.Pheromone that Bruce does not sell here. On the label it says \"Warning:May cause women to Ovulate\". I thought that was pretty strange to put on a label. Now I\'m thinking that most of the hits you guys get is because of a women\'s menstrual cycle.
http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg (\"http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg\")

Bruce
10-18-2001, 06:22 AM
Hello,

James Kohl, author of Scent of Eros, says that the phase of a woman\'s cycle strongly affects the way she responds to male pheromones, and that at some parts she may be repulsed by them! So, in some cases, if you ran a test of female reaction to male pheromones, you might only get a very mild overall reaction unless you factor out women who are in this non-receptive phase.

Cheers,
B

**DONOTDELETE**
10-18-2001, 09:03 AM
I posed this same question a few weeks ago. All the studies support women being more interested during ovulation. The main study says that women don\'t like the smell of androstenone, but during ovulation rate the scent as \"neutral.\"

My personal experiences -- sans pheros -- result in me lumping women into two categories: \"cycle-driven\" and \"always on.\"

You can pretty much figure out what I mean by the names. I much prefer the always on type -- for the others, it\'s wierd dating someone and actually keeping a calendar around so you\'ll know when to schedule dates to make them more -uh- interesting. I\'m doing that right now and it\'s really frustrating. Not to mention how annoying it is to find out she\'s scheduled a date with someone else at that particular time, and knowing he\'s going to get attention you won\'t a week later.

Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 07:49 AM
That the pheros would induce ovulation makes sense to me. From a sociobiology perspective, an alpha male comes by. The female says I\'ll ovulate so that I can have good genes. images/icons/shocked.gif Thus, the pheros hurry the woman along to conceive.

Hey, BRUCE, you could market this for infertile couples!!!!! images/icons/cool.gif

Whitehall
10-19-2001, 11:12 AM
This also corresponds to the fundamental study that found that women in close groups tend to synchronize their periods. They are responding with their cycles to other women\'s cycle via pheromones.

I remember reading a study that said that women were more likely to cheat during their ovulation. That makes sense from the \"gotta get good genes\" perspective.

With some women, I think I can almost smell when they\'re \"in heat\" - even clothed, just from their hair. I do get more enthusiatic too when I sense that. Add a full moon, and you can call me Wolfman.

I have found that even with the \"always on\" type that sex is best during ovulation. There is something more heart-felt going on and her orgasms seem more profound and her surrender more complete.

This is one of the many reasons that birth control pills are so anti-sexual! Without ovulation, it just ain\'t got that zing. Maybe that\'s why I\'ve had 5 children - some body stop me!

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: Whitehall ]

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: Whitehall ]

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 12:51 PM
Yeah pheromones as an alternative to vigara and the natural alternatives.

Hey bruce youve got competing products on your site. The herbal vigara and the pheromones, lol oh well all the better for business right lol. images/icons/laugh.gif

CJ01
10-19-2001, 02:24 PM
Okay, this subject has come up before (tip:do a search). Pheros cannot induce ovulation. Ovulation takes place when... it´s meant to, in a healthy, normal cycle.

But apparently (in general) womens sexual interest increases during the period between ovulation and menstruation. This means that they are also more ´on the look-out´(- POSSIBLY, if they´re single). This again means that during this time they maybe more receptive receptive to `the pheros´ than usual. This does not mean however, that because a woman shows a response to the pheros, that she is in between these phases.

CJ