PDA

View Full Version : Discount Coupon

Bruce
06-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Forum Folks,

For

the adventurous among you. Try out the new store and get a 30% discount on whatever you buy. Just make sure

that:
A. You are reaching the site by the domain love-scent.com and NOT by the IP address. Check your browser

address window if in doubt.
and
B. You are getting a secure https connection when you put your c card info

in.
and
C. The shipping discriptions and amounts seem OK.

When you get to the appropriate screen put

in the coupon code
forumfolks
hit "redeem" or "continue" (both the same function apparently) and you should

see 30% taken off your tab.

You can only use it once and puleeeze don't use it in conjunction with the 10%

new customer welcome coupon you get when you register with the store. You can use that TOO, just not at the same

time. That one is only good for one use per customer too.

OK, this is a bug hunt as well. If you find

anything goofy while shopping, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch.
Love,
Bruce

camusflage
06-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Seems the

returned products page got vaporized..

When I click "Men's" on the tabs, it links to the IP address, not the

domain name..

camusflage
06-16-2004, 01:58 PM
B. You are getting a secure https connection when you put your c card info

in.

Everything but this looks cool. The CC page is HTTP and the form post target

(http://66.45.239.227/checkout_confirmation.php) for it is HTTP as well.

camusflage
06-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Affiliate info and affiliate

FAQ are empty and filled with dummy data respectively. Shipping & Returns, Privacy Notice, and Conditions of Use

need to be filled out.

JDB
06-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Just my luck to have make an order

before this post :) Oh well, win some lose some I guess :)

kossBass
06-16-2004, 02:47 PM
when does the discount expire

:D?

JDB
06-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Hmmmm, there is a 10% discount for

registering aswell....man oh man, I blame Chikara for this :) Was to hasty to get it ordered and there aint any left

either :(

Bruce
06-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Seems the returned

products page got vaporized..

When I click "Men's" on the tabs, it links to the IP address, not the domain

name..

That should be fixed now. If you are getting in via the domain, you should be able to

navigate in that state and not get sent to the IP.

B

Bruce
06-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Affiliate info and

affiliate FAQ are empty and filled with dummy data respectively. Shipping & Returns, Privacy Notice, and Conditions

of Use need to be filled out.

Thanks,
I will decomission that until I have something worthy to put

in there.

At the moment I can't even access the admin area. The domain still hasn't propagated here in

Oregon. :(

B

CJ01
06-16-2004, 03:52 PM
That´s too bad Bruce,it´s your site

and it won´t show for you. :(

nbnbtc
06-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Bruce, that discount is great but

did you know that the order button from the A1 link doesnt work any more? I guess it is wishful thinking that that

new 30% discount could be used on A1, but now it looks like it can't be ordered at all?

metroman
06-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Bruce whats the ETA for the new

water based mone products that we heard about a few weeks ago? I'd love to use the discount on that as well as a

few other products.

Red Stripe
06-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Tried to order, but when I

click on checkout, it brings me right back to the "What's In My Cart?" page again. I can't get further than that

basically.

I am logged in and the titlebar says love-scent.com, not IP.

Bruce
06-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Bruce, that discount

is great but did you know that the order button from the A1 link doesnt work any more? I guess it is wishful

thinking that that new 30% discount could be used on A1, but now it looks like it can't be ordered at

all?

I'll get it in there as soon as I can get into the admin area. It's really crazy; as soon as

most of the internet had propagated, we took the IP address out of the shopping cart, and now I can't get into it

to make changes. DST and I are probobly the only forum members in the world who don't get the new site from the

domain. Still waiting.

B

Bruce
06-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Bruce whats the ETA

for the new water based mone products that we heard about a few weeks ago? I'd love to use the discount on that as

well as a few other products.

That would be Perception, and it is due in on June 30th. We will have

an intro price for that anyway.

Bruce

Bruce
06-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Tried to order,

but when I click on checkout, it brings me right back to the "What's In My Cart?" page again. I can't get further

than that basically.

I am logged in and the titlebar says love-scent.com, not IP.

It might

be a bug. Try hitting the "home" tab; then when you get there hit "check out". Let me know what

happens.

Anyone else have that problem?

B

Bruce
06-16-2004, 05:14 PM
That´s too bad

Bruce,it´s your site and it won´t show for you. :(

Yeah, totaly unfair. :(

B

Bruce
06-16-2004, 05:15 PM
when does the

discount expire :D?

Once we get the bugs worked out. i will warn you before I change it.

B

Bruce
06-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Seems the returned

products page got vaporized..

When I click "Men's" on the tabs, it links to the IP address, not the domain

name..

It might be a while before I get that back up. Probably I'll wait until we have a "fresh"

load of used products.

B

Red Stripe
06-16-2004, 05:37 PM
It might be a

bug. Try hitting the "home" tab; then when you get there hit "check out". Let me know what happens.

Anyone

else have that problem?

B
Hmm, nope. Tried hitting checkout from home and still takes me to "What's

in your cart". When I try to go forth from there, it just reloads the page.

Bruce
06-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Hmm, nope. Tried

hitting checkout from home and still takes me to "What's in your cart". When I try to go forth from there, it just

reloads the page.

Red,

Are you registered with the store?

B

Don Tego
06-16-2004, 06:56 PM
sweet deal

Red Stripe
06-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Yes Bruce, I am regged with

the store.

Has anyone else ordered through the new page? Or am I the only one with this problem?

Webmaster
06-16-2004, 07:11 PM
Yes Bruce, I am

regged with the store.

Has anyone else ordered through the new page? Or am I the only one with this

problem?
Try it now...there was a small issue with the cookie system settings once we moved to the

domain (and not the IP).

Red Stripe
06-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Right on...Thank you, it works

now :)

kossBass
06-16-2004, 07:59 PM
awww poor Bruce and his web ppl

:p i feel sorry for you guys working your ass off :D .. heres a lil kiss :D (k)

einstein
06-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Bruce, you're killing my bank

account. Too many good deals in too short of a time. Memorial day special, this, perception comming soon.
The new

site looks good so far. I guess you know most of the "quicklinks" at the top aren't filled in.
What's the

difference in the two pheromax formulas? They have the exact same description. I've heard about A1 in the new

version but its not listed that way.
Listings by manufaturer, very nice. But SOE gel made by Stone???
I know this

isn't a real problem, but that APC page is hideous.
Hmmm......it seems that the credit card page isn't secure for

me either. But after I confirmed my order IE informed me I was about to enter a non-secure area. I don't

know.
The transaction confirmation doesn't list the individual items, just the total. Oh, nevermind. That's

listed in the "order process" email. I guess there's two emails for each order now.
Shipping amounts seemed good.

About $3.06 for first class mail. Maybe need a warning that FedEx can't ship to PO Boxes, although most PO Box

users should know that.

Its not the love-scent pages I've fallen in love with with, but there's no association

with that other site anymore. Good job. I like it.

Gossamer_2701
06-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Wooo Hooo.... great

new site Bruce!!!!

I just used your new checkout and 30% off coupon and everything worked just perfectly....

domain name and secure server and everything else too :D The only thing was that I couldn't find the SPMO's that

I wanted to buy, but I see SRH has already addressed that in another thread.

Thanks for the great deals and

service Bruce.... you guys are by far THE BEST ON THE NET!!!!

Goss

kossBass
06-17-2004, 09:55 AM
will the discount work if i

purchase an item by mail because i can't use my dad's credit card :( i want to pay cash bro :( pleasee??

real_wiseman
06-17-2004, 11:13 AM
I'll get it in

there as soon as I can get into the admin area. It's really crazy; as soon as most of the internet had propagated,

we took the IP address out of the shopping cart, and now I can't get into it to make changes. DST and I are

probobly the only forum members in the world who don't get the new site from the domain. Still

waiting.

B

Bruce, are yuo behind a caching proxy-server like Microsofts ISA-server or similar?

If so you may have the answer right there why you see the old site, the proxy-server are showing you its cached

content.

// w

Bruce
06-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Wooo Hooo....

great new site Bruce!!!!

I just used your new checkout and 30% off coupon and everything worked just

perfectly.... domain name and secure server and everything else too :D The only thing was that I couldn't find

the SPMO's that I wanted to buy, but I see SRH has already addressed that in another thread.

Thanks for the

great deals and service Bruce.... you guys are by far THE BEST ON THE NET!!!!

Goss

Glad

you got in OK and everything is working. Orders seem to be processing normally again, and everybody (except me :( )

can get in apparently. Thanks for the compliments too.

B

Bruce
06-17-2004, 11:27 AM
will the discount

work if i purchase an item by mail because i can't use my dad's credit card :( i want to pay cash bro :(

pleasee??

KB,

Yes, you can get the discount paying with a check/money order. That is one of

the cool things about this cart. You can place your order right thru the cart online, just like everyone else even

with mail-in funds or even PayPal. Just put stuff in your cart and check out like you would for a c card order,

then when you get to the end, check the box for check/money order put in your discount coupon code, and follow the

instructions. No problem.

B

Bruce
06-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Bruce, are yuo

behind a caching proxy-server like Microsofts ISA-server or similar? If so you may have the answer right there why

you see the old site, the proxy-server are showing you its cached content.

// w

W,

I

think that is the problem. I am hooked up via my cable TV company (Comcast), and I STILL can't see the new store.

When the heck to they clear that cache and/or update their DNS info????

I hooked up with my cell phone and

lap-top this morning and got the new shop, but it loads so darn slow it is impossible to have any fun with

it.

Bruce

real_wiseman
06-17-2004, 12:39 PM
If you Ping

www.love-scent.com do you get the old or new IP?

Maybe the Proxy cache just looks at the

"www.love-scent.com" and checks its cache *before* asking the DNS?

If you ping you go directly to your

nameserver hopefully. If you get the correct IP but your browser still shows the old shop, you should probably speak

to the Cable TV Company about clearing the cache.

// W

BassMan
06-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Ordered this morning. Everything

worked.

The coupon thingie seemed a bit awkward. I put in my CC number and the coupon name, and hit process

coupon, I think. It posted the coupon, but lost my CC number and made me enter it again. Anyone else getting this?

Or should I just have ignored the process coupon button and gone on to process the sale once I'd entered both?

BTW, are Bruce and I the only ones using their own faces as avatars? :rolleyes:

-Bass

JDB
06-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Here is my input for the new

site:

When wanting to purchase NPA, going through the MEN'S menu and clicking on NPA, I cant see anywhere

where I can select the 10ml bottle is this normal? Can only add the 5ml.

Alos, cant seem to find anywhere to

buy A1, when using a bookmark, and add it to the shopping list I get an internal error.

DrSmellThis
06-18-2004, 12:46 PM
So how do you do the 30%

thingy again?

JDB
06-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Ive just realised my mistake with the

sizes..... its in a drop down list, silly me..... But how do I get A1, just need this then Iam finished :)

Bruce
06-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Ive just realised my

mistake with the sizes..... its in a drop down list, silly me..... But how do I get A1, just need this then Iam

finished :)

JDB,

It was not your fault. I forgot to put that in, but when I saw your message,

I ran over and installed the small/large option. I just came back to tell you. Now, I'll go put in the

A-1

B

Bruce
06-18-2004, 01:07 PM
So how do you do

the 30% thingy again?

Doc,

Just check your order out normally, but when you get to a certain

point in the checkout process you will see a box to put in discount coupons. Paste in the text "forumfolks" and

click "continue". 30% of the product total will automatically be deducted.

B

JDB
06-19-2004, 03:50 AM
Bruce,

Wow, quite a quick turn

around there :) Are you managint he whole website by yourself? Have you managed to add the A1?

DCW
06-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Hi Bruce.
The return to previous

page link is not working on your testimonial/feedback page.

I would also change the name to "return to home

page" since that essentially what it does.

DCW

Bruce
06-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Bruce,

Wow, quite

a quick turn around there :) Are you managint he whole website by yourself? Have you managed to add the

A1?

I have a techy doing all the techy stuff. I upload the products myself. A1 is up now. Click

the "kits/supplies" tab.

Bruce

JDB
06-20-2004, 02:14 AM
Thanks Bruce,

I think I may

have bumped into another little glitch.... After going to the check out and been prompted for the Shipping method,

Iam not able to select and FedEx shipping, says "No Rates Returned"... Could this be because I have an International

Address?

Bruce
06-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Thanks Bruce,

I

think I may have bumped into another little glitch.... After going to the check out and been prompted for the

Shipping method, Iam not able to select and FedEx shipping, says "No Rates Returned"... Could this be because I have

an International Address?

JDB,

Check your address for mistakes. Those shipping quotes are

live from the respective shippers; in this case Fed Ex. If they say "no rates returned" that means they do not ship

to the *address* you gave them. When testing the system, I put in a small typo in my zip code and both Fed Ex and

the PO returned blanks, ie: no shipping options at all; just from a digit or two wrong in my zip. Most countries

have Fed Ex service of some kind though.

B

JDB
06-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Bruce,

I checked the address,

all is how it should be, I also tried entering it again at check out, same thing. Its odd because its the same

address Ive always used when purchasing from here. I get the US Mail Services though....

Bruce
06-20-2004, 09:04 AM
JDB,

The old system was not

dynamic. It was just a flat rate based on the country, so that doesn't surprise me. I can't figure out what is

going on with the new cart though. I tried a lot of different addresses around the world and always got rates as

long as the address was accurate.

B

JDB
06-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Bruce,

Well I dont know what

to say, I went back just a few moments ago, refreshed the page, and there were the quotes, using the same

address...got to be those Gremlins.

Rest of the order went perfectly and was presented very well. I do have

one request, when redeeming the voucher, the Shopping basket Total doesnt change, I know this is not big problem,

but I thought for a moment that it I may have had to redeem it again.

Thanks for your help, Love the new

site...congrats

Bruce
06-20-2004, 10:13 AM
JDB,
That is a little annoying.

You don't know if you got the refund for a while. Even worse though, the final email invoice doesn't show the

adjusted total at all. You have to look at a second email from the processor to see what you really paid. We will

get that fixed soon though.

Thanks for the good feedback,
B

JDB
06-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Only happy to do my little bit Bruce

:)