PDA

View Full Version : International order

Myself
06-16-2004, 12:42 PM
I just tried the

new site out of curiosity and I found that my shipping options here in Italy have changed, so I was wondering: is

the USA Airmail option the same thing that was offered last week?
And I believe 4-7 days is the time estimate for

USA, what would it be for Italy?

Bruce
06-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi M,

Are you sure you got

Italy in the box OK? Sounds like what it says for the US. That info is dynamically generated from the postal

service itself. If it says "Express Mail Service" or something like that, then it could well be accurate. If it is

ordinary airmail to Italy, I would say 7-14 days with a SMALL chance of 4-6 days. It can happen

sometimes.

Bruce

Myself
06-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Here's a screen where I'm

ordering two products, as you can see my address says "Italy"...anyway, I'm talking of the last option, which I

believe three days ago cost $6,50 (more or less).

So you're saying my order is coming in two weeks? That would

be great :)

Bruce
06-17-2004, 03:24 AM
Hi,

That is what they are

saying, but I say, you will be very very lucky to get it in 4 days; fairly lucky to get it in 7. The big question

is how long will it sit in customs. I would say1-2 weeks with possibilities of more or less than

that.

Bruce

DZorro
06-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Hi,

That is what

they are saying, but I say, you will be very very lucky to get it in 4 days; fairly lucky to get it in 7. The big

question is how long will it sit in customs. I would say1-2 weeks with possibilities of more or less than that.

Bruce

In the old love-scent site there where an option for global mail express witch i always used to

ship to the Netherlands, but i can't find that option, in the new love-scent site. Is that option still available

??

DZorro,

Bruce
06-19-2004, 03:43 AM
In the old love-scent

site there where an option for global mail express witch i always used to ship to the Netherlands, but i can't find

that option, in the new love-scent site. Is that option still available ??

DZorro,

DZ,

I think that option is still there in most cases. The difference is that now

the shipping rates are all returned "dynamically" and directly from the home server of the shipping company

involved. In some cases, we have removed an option because we don't want to provide it for secuirty reasons on our

end, but more likely the shipping carrier (in this case the postal service) doesn't offer a particular type of

service in your country.

That said though, I was always under the impression that there is a global priority

post to Holland, so I suggest you take a closer look at the options being returned to you by the US postal service

online quote system. Remember that flat rates are gone forever. The prices you see are all dynamically generated

and returned to you in real time from the carrier. So, you might see something like
Global priority post

$10.74
Generally, all the postal rates are significantly lower than they used to be.

Regards,
Bruce

DZorro
06-19-2004, 04:16 AM
DZ,

I think that

option is still there in most cases. The difference is that now the shipping rates are all returned "dynamically"

and directly from the home server of the shipping company involved. In some cases, we have removed an option because

we don't want to provide it for secuirty reasons on our end, but more likely the shipping carrier (in this case the

postal service) don't offer a particular type of service in your country.

That said though, I was always under

the impression that there was a global priority post to Holland, so I suggest you take a closer look at the options

being returned to you by the US postal service online quote system. Remember that flat rates are gone forever. The

prices you see are all dynamically generated and returned to you in real time from the carrier. So, you might see

something like
Global priority post $10.74
Generally, all the postal rates are significantly lower than they used

to be.

Regards,
Bruce
Thanks, i think i manage to figure it out, it's defanantly diffrent then the

other love-scent site. :)

DZorro,

jub
08-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Hello Bruce

I made out on

international order last week to be shipped to the UK but was sent an email that your customer services had problems

processing my order since it is my frist one and that although a UK address they are claiming that it shows that the

order was from/to Holland and that the quatity I was ordering was large; 'I'm thinking, so?' That I should mail

my Credit Card Security Number or scan a copy of my card for verification. Its from a TAMMY SMITH! Can you

kindly verify this as recently I have received so many bogus emails for credit card details. My last one was a

Paypal page that just turned out to be bogus. Now I am not happy since I will be returning to work next week and was

hoping to spring my new mones on them. I work in an educational enviroment you see. Alas! I have lost the

advantage...

Bruce
08-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Jub,
I am sorry about the mess

and I know what you mean about getting emails asking for personal info. I get emails that appear to be from my own

bank asking me to update my c card info all the time, and of course PayPal and Ebay as well.

Tammy does work

for us and would never use your info for anything other than trying to make certain that the credit card used is

legit. It looks like she may not have explained the problem that we face on our end. The sad fact is that we get

fraudulent credit card transactions nearly every day. Most of them are obvious and can be voided without delay.

Others including yours apparently, require a little detective work. Some of the red flags that arrouse suspicion

are:
1. A first time customer orders several hundred $ worth of product
2. Overseas orders
3. The order

is being shipped to one country, but the IP address says the order was placed from another country
4. The

customer is overseas, but the card is registered in the US
5. The customer lives in a country that has a high

incidence of card fraud (like the UK unfortunately)

Actually, I think I personally reviewed your case before

Tammy wrote you. She screens all the orders and most of the fraudulent order attempts can be reversed without much

trouble. Others Tammy investigates on her own. When she is in doubt however, (about once a month I would guess)

she asks my opinion. I checked your IP address and got Holland, so I told her she'd better check it out.

Generally if we get any kind of reasonable response from the customer, the transaction is legit. Most ripoffs place

hundreds of ripoff orders a day and don't bother answering inquiries. Some do though. We still get ripped off

some times.

Jub, if you want to email me personally, we can discuss your order in more detail and see about

getting it shipped if you still want it. (bruce@etc etc (no spam) )

Sorry for the

delay.

Regards,
Bruce