PDA

View Full Version : New Love Scent Store!

Bruce
06-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Folks,

As

some of you know, we have been working on a new store. It is pretty much finished and we switched the domain name

servers to point to the new (dedicated) server where the new shop is located. This takes about 24 hours to complete

and finishes at different times around the world. At the moment, I am still seeing the old shop at love-scent.com,

but hopefully the new shop will be there when I wake up.

Hopefully, there will not be any major problems when

the switch happens, but don't hesitate to contact me if you have any problems. The new shop has loads of bells and

whistles just like the new forum.

Peace Love Kumbaya etc etc,
Bruce

kossBass
06-15-2004, 10:46 PM
heh you guys should open up a

phero store in canada :p :D and i'll be the first and vip customer there :p

SweetBrenda
06-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Folks,

As

some of you know, we have been working on a new store. It is pretty much finished and we switched the domain name

servers to point to the new (dedicated) server where the new shop is located. This takes about 24 hours to complete

and finishes at different times around the world. At the moment, I am still seeing the old shop at love-scent.com,

but hopefully the new shop will be there when I wake up.

Hopefully, there will not be any major problems when

the switch happens, but don't hesitate to contact me if you have any problems. The new shop has loads of bells and

Bruce

Yeyyy! this is a good

news!! can't wait to see the new shop.. will check it out in the morning
( pads Bruce on the back) :) Good

Job !

Adios!

DZorro
06-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Folks,

As some of

you know, we have been working on a new store. It is pretty much finished and we switched the domain name servers to

point to the new (dedicated) server where the new shop is located. This takes about 24 hours to complete and

finishes at different times around the world. At the moment, I am still seeing the old shop at love-scent.com, but

hopefully the new shop will be there when I wake up.

Hopefully, there will not be any major problems when the

switch happens, but don't hesitate to contact me if you have any problems. The new shop has loads of bells and

Bruce

Great layout you got there

bruce.
The Way the site is created is alot handier then it was before. Especially how everthing is placed under

diffrent menu's.

DZorro,

real_wiseman
06-16-2004, 02:01 AM
The DNS updates have reached

Sweden yet...

Can you post the IP-address to the new server in the meantime?

// w

franki
06-16-2004, 02:06 AM
try this one :

http://66.45.239.227/

real_wiseman
06-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Real nice looking site

Bruce!

Bruce
06-16-2004, 03:23 AM
Thanks. Glad you like it.

I

am still getting the old version at love-scent.com here in Oregon.

Bruce

franki
06-16-2004, 03:26 AM
Thanks. Glad you like

it.

I am still getting the old version at love-scent.com here in Oregon.

Bruce
Yeah, here too.

But this can easily take 48 hours if you are unlucky.

DCW
06-16-2004, 04:40 AM
I agree, nice look.

DCW

Elana
06-16-2004, 05:14 AM
It looks great! Maybe we should

consider starting a hit/testimonial thread in one of the forums. It would make it so much easier to add some fresh

testimonials without having to search through a gazillian posts. we can make it a temporary sticky post and when we

have some good ones, we can put them on the testimonial page and start all over.

jose
06-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Nice job Bruce, I really like the

layout of the store. I also like the "latest forum threads" near the bottom, it probably will get more people to

join.

kossBass
06-16-2004, 05:24 AM
eye catching :D very nice Bruce

-- much better den old one now you look like a profession company :p

pheronewbie
06-16-2004, 05:50 AM
Very Professional. I like it

very much. The old website reminded me of a bunch of websites that were created around 1998 or something. So it's

really nice to have an update.

DCW
06-16-2004, 06:49 AM
heh you guys should

open up a phero store in canada :p :D and i'll be the first and vip customer there :p

Where in

Canada eh?

Bruce
06-16-2004, 07:04 AM
Thanks folks,

I am still

getting the old store. Anybody getting the new one via the domain name? Or are you using the IP

address?

Elana,
Good idea. If there is alreay a thread that is a good candidate for an official hit

thread for a particular product, it can easily be made sticky. They will start to jam up the top area of the Phero

Discussion area of the forum if we have one for every product though unless.... we start a new forum area for hit

threads. ???

Jose,
That is a nice touch isn't it. I reckin' that will increase traffic over here quite

a bit.

Pheronewbie,
Do you have esp or something? That is the year the site started.

Love,
B

JDB
06-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Hmmm, I just made an order but it was

on the old site, probaly France is going to be the last to have the DNS updated :) I just want to know if my order

will still get handled?

Bruce
06-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Yes, as long as the order went

through and you got an email invoice, then it is in the database. No problem.

B

Myself
06-16-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm still getting the old site

via the domain name.

BassMan
06-16-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm still getting

the old site via the domain name.Yup. Still the old one here in Orlando.

-Bass

jose
06-16-2004, 08:57 AM
I don't know about the domain name

because I have the forum in my favorites on my browser. If I want to order I go from here straight to the

"Lovescent store" link.

belgareth
06-16-2004, 09:26 AM
It just switched over here.

Sexyredhead
06-16-2004, 09:27 AM
It's still the old store

here.

CJ01
06-16-2004, 09:51 AM
I have a dumb question-why is it in

german??? Pretty small writing but it does look nice a bit like another site I´ve come across in fact-same style and

layout :)

CJ

real_wiseman
06-16-2004, 10:12 AM
As of 7 pm (16th of June) the

DNS in Sweden has updated to the new store location...

// w

Bruce
06-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Huh... I am still getting the old

version here in Eugene, OR. At the moment it says there are a few folks shopping in there and we got one new

order. My email switched over to the new server for the most part. When I get emails from Tammy in Hotchkiss,

they still arrive at the old server along with a few spams. The rest arrives at the new server. Isn't that a

hoot?

Anyway, how does it work at the new server? I can create a discount coupon for forum folks if you

want. Then we can see how the ordering works. Can you get a secure server page OK? It should

say:
secure.love-scent.com with the https in the browser window.

B

CJ01
06-16-2004, 10:49 AM
I only got there by clicking the link

at the bottom forum page. When I go to //love-scent.com I still get the old blue one.

Bruce
06-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, me too. Is anyone actually

getting the new store from love-scent.com (ie: not from typing in the IP address)?

Bruce

Sexyredhead
06-16-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm getting the new store by

clicking on the link on the forum page now. Cool! :D

franki
06-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah, me too. Is

anyone actually getting the new store from love-scent.com (ie: not from typing in the IP address)?

Bruce still the old one for me.

Bruce
06-16-2004, 11:16 AM
The store link at the bottom of the

page is based on the IP address though. Only if you see "love-scent.com" in your browser bar, can you be sure that

the domain has propagated fully in your area. It is always sporadic around the internet. I have even had a domain

name kick in at my local server for a couple of ours then revert back to the old set up for a short while, then

click back over. It is hard to predict. Anyway, I am still at the old site here.

Bruce

Mtnjim
06-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Got the new store in San Diego.

:)

Sexyredhead
If I type in love-scent.com,

I get the old store. If I click on the link below, I get the new store, but it doesn't have love-scent.com in the

url. It's just a number.

DCW
still the old one for

me.

Stiil getting the OLD you can access the NEW by clicking on LOVE SCENT STORE at the bottom of

this page.

DCW

DZorro
06-16-2004, 11:19 AM
The store link at the

bottom of the page is based on the IP address though. Only if you see "love-scent.com" in your browser bar, can you

be sure that the domain has propagated fully in your area. It is always sporadic around the internet. I have even

had a domain name kick in at my local server for a couple of ours then revert back to the old set up for a short

while, then click back over. It is hard to predict. Anyway, I am still at the old site here.

Bruce

Nope, still the old love-scent site for me.

DZorro,

franki
06-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Stiil getting the OLD

you can access the NEW by clicking on LOVE SCENT STORE at the bottom of this page.

DCW
I know.

;)

DrSmellThis
06-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Looks great to me!

Congratulations! I used the IP address, since I'm in Oregon too.

belgareth
06-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Yeah, me too. Is

anyone actually getting the new store from love-scent.com (ie: not from typing in the IP address)?

BruceFrom the time I posted that it switched over I've been getting the new store at

www.love-scent.com (http://www.love-scent.com/) Guess my DNS servers are just faster on the switch.

Myself
06-16-2004, 12:17 PM
New store here now!

Bruce
06-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Folks who are getting the new store

at www.love-scent.com, does the secure server (secure.love-scent.com w/ https:) work OK? IE: would you

be able to complete a credit card order securely?

Thanks,
B

Elana
06-16-2004, 12:27 PM
They will start to jam up

the top area of the Phero Discussion area of the forum if we have one for every product though unless.... we

start a new forum area for hit threads. ???

LET'S DO IT!!!! :)

Myself
06-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Funny

fact:
www.love-scent.com (http://www.love-scent.com) opens the old store, while
love-scent.com opens

the new one.

franki
06-16-2004, 02:05 PM
I am getting the new one now. ;)

kossBass
06-16-2004, 08:13 PM
btw just a lil suggestion .. on

the forums you know where it says love-scent at the top left side .. when you should make it a link so if people

(like me) click on it .. it should direct you to the main site .. cuz i hate going

www.love-scent.com (http://www.love-scent.com) when i have the forums bookmarked :p cheers

DZorro
06-16-2004, 10:58 PM
Yes, it appears to be working

now.

DZorro,

CJ01
06-17-2004, 08:35 AM
I have a dumb question-why is

it in german??? am I really the only one who´s got this language problem on the new site?
and how come the

prices are in Euro instead of $ ? This is freaking me :p

keglius
06-21-2004, 07:14 AM
Hey! I can't find my country

Lithuania in the list, when trying to buy some products. Our neighbour Latvia is in the list, but other two Baltic

states (Lithuania, Estonia) aren't. Could you fix this problem ?

InternationalPlayboy
06-24-2004, 06:40 PM
I placed an order on

Saturday, using the special discount and received an email from Tammy after I had left for Phoenix on Sunday. She

said that the bank was not matching my address to the card. The address looks correct to me and the only difference

is that the name on the card uses my middle initial.

I just saw the message this morning and replied right

away but haven't heard back yet so I don't know if it has been resolved yet.

InternationalPlayboy
06-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Update: It wasn't

anything to do with Love Scent for my card not working. I just tried to use it and was denied. According to the

bank, someone created an online account and changed the billing address and phone number. That card has now been

canceled.

InternationalPlayboy
06-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Identity theft

sucks. Not only did my order get canceled, but last night when I went to re-order, I found that A-1 is sold out (the

main item I wanted) and it looks like I missed out on the "Forum Friends" discount.

Bruce
06-28-2004, 08:05 AM
IP,

I am very sorry about all

this mess; mainly because I didn't get involved when you first posted about the probem 3 days ago. Can you email

me an update on this matter so I can look your order up? It sounds like we need to issue a refund on it. I'll

also check on the A1 supply.

For future reference, issues like this are best posted in the "Customer

Questions and Problems" forum. I watch that like a hawk. I probably should have started this thread over

there.

Regards,
Bruce

camusflage
06-28-2004, 08:48 AM
I

found that A-1 is sold out (the main item I wanted)
May be a silver lining.. When I last heard the

subject discussed, I believe there was some possiblity of smaller packaging than 10ml for A1 after current stocks

were depleted..

InternationalPlayboy
06-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks Bruce, I sent

an email. And from one I got from Tammy this morning, I think the confusion is getting cleared

up.

Interesting note about my credit card number being stolen. One of the first things it was used for was to

make a donation to MoveOn.org. Whoever stole my card seems to feel that our leaders are corrupt and a bunch of

theives. Their use of my card just puts them and the organization they donated my money to in the same light as

those they are supposedly trying to combat.

Bruce
06-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Interesting note about my credit card number being stolen. One of the first things it

was used for was to make a donation to MoveOn.org. Whoever stole my card seems to feel that our leaders are corrupt

and a bunch of theives. Their use of my card just puts them and the organization they donated my money to in the

same light as those they are supposedly trying to combat.

Probably self-styled anarchists. "Off the

man! Oh what the hell. Off everybody!"

JDB
07-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Bruce,

Just want to say that

the checkout is absolutely great!!! Not only do I have to not enter my address any more :) The delivery is slightly

cheaper...and when using the redeem voucher button, I love the fact that you get to see the bill with the discount

before confirming..........;great job.

Bruce
07-01-2004, 03:52 PM
JDB,

Thanks for the kind

words. It is a pretty cool application. Keeps records and everything for ya. If you like, then we are both

happy.

Thanks for the order too.

Love,
Bruce

Stevo8089
07-02-2004, 10:24 AM
I'm gonna be ordering a few

things this weekend, can't wait to try out the new system.

Bruce
07-02-2004, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna be

ordering a few things this weekend, can't wait to try out the new system.

Well, I won't stand in

your way. :)

Thanks,
B