PDA

View Full Version : isometrics

apple
06-15-2004, 03:04 PM
hey havent been on in a while,

this new forum isnt as nice to me as the old one, will take a wee bit to get used to i guess :P

isometric

exercises, what ive heard is they give long lean muscles instead of bulky ones right? probably better kind of

strength for me than building up big muscles... but i cant find a good site that offers proper workout instructions

for isometric exercises. anyone know some good online trainer type places, or somewhere with some good isometric

exercises i can start with? been looking and not having much luck so far, and the trainers at the gyms around here

are SICK expensive :)

thanks

Elana
06-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey apple...don't know anything

about isometric exercises. Have you ever tried pilates?

Holmes
06-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Hey apple...don't

know anything about isometric exercises. Have you ever tried pilates?

Or Greek dancing?

:D Nah.

Pilates iz what I be doin nex'.

Welcome back.

apple
06-15-2004, 03:15 PM
i was thinking of using some of

that, but im trying to make two sets of exercise routines, my SO asked me to help make one for him too since he

needs to get into shape also :p so i figured more on strengthening exercises for him, and isometrics seems to be

somewhere we can meet in the middle cause it doesnt add bulk and strengthens. but i want to do it right and safely.

im gonna add other stuff to his part and yeah pilates and yoga and other things to mine. we have very different body

types, but i want one or two things we can do together :)

Elana
06-15-2004, 03:21 PM
Amazon has a few books and a video

on isometrics, but not many reviews.

Holmes
06-15-2004, 03:24 PM
i was thinking of

using some of that, but im trying to make two sets of exercise routines, my SO asked me to help make one for him too

since he needs to get into shape also :p so i figured more on strengthening exercises for him, and isometrics seems

to be somewhere we can meet in the middle cause it doesnt add bulk and strengthens. but i want to do it right and

safely. im gonna add other stuff to his part and yeah pilates and yoga and other things to mine. we have very

different body types, but i want one or two things we can do together :)

I just got the New York City

Ballet Workout on DVD. Yeah, maybe I'll get around to that routine in fifteen years or so. Holy Christ.

Elana
06-15-2004, 03:29 PM
I just got the New

York City Ballet Workout on DVD. Yeah, maybe I'll get around to that routine in fifteen years or so. Holy

Christ.
Do you want to borrow my tutu?

Holmes
06-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Do you want to borrow

my tutu?

A lot cooler than a spacesuit. I'm boiling in this thing.

DZorro
06-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Do you want to borrow

my tutu?

Holmes in a tutu ?? could you imagine the thril ??? :p :D

DZorro,

Holmes
06-15-2004, 03:45 PM
What can one say but "Oompa

Loompa?"

Mtnjim
06-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Why not both of you doing weight

training (together)? If you are worried about getting big and bulky, don't. You don't have enough of the hormone

(Test.) for that to happen.

DrSmellThis
06-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Welcome back, apple! Anything

where you hold positions, such as a strength-based yoga or Pilates will do that.