PDA

View Full Version : New Site design

einstein
06-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Somebody mentioned the

new site design, from the link at the bottom of a forum page.
I have to give it a gigantic thumbs down.
It looks

identical to that other pheromone web site. The one where youi order and then wait and wait and wait. And then you

decide your never going to get it and then it finally comes. And it comes with some free stuff or a gift

certificate so you decide to order from them again. And then wait and wait and wait........

I do not know why

Love Scent would want to look like this other site. It just does not make sense. I see that page design and

associate it with month-long waits. I see the current love-scent site or the forum and associate it with 3 or 4 day

waits.

I do not want to see love-scent look like the really slow site. I don't even think its any easier to

use. The old love scent site is pretty well set-up IMO. I do wish that some pages would be integrated. I hate

clicking on a product and then going to an information page and then have to click another button to get to the

order page. The information and order pages should be integrated into one page, and they should all be standardized

to have the same format.

Thanks

Elana
06-11-2004, 12:28 PM
It does look identical. Maybe L-S

bought them out or is partnering with them.

Bruce
06-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Einstein,
Thanks for the honest

feedback. I honestly hadn't thought of it that way. Regular customers have probably come to associate our mom and

pop WWII era web site with the honest "old school" buiness ethics we have made our number one priority over the

years. Going towards a hi-tech shopping cart is going to hurt us there, but we get a lot of feedback from new

customer to the tune of:
"Wow! thank God I found you guys. I looked at both your site and (brand X) site, and

not knowing anything about either of you chose brand X because they had a more professional looking site. But...

ordering from them, was a harsh wake up call and after doing business with both of you, it's a no-brainer. I'm a

life-long Love Scent customer."

Now the site you are obviously referring to does use the same shopping cart

system, and it is unfortunate that they seem to be giving it a bad name, but it is sort of a "Pavlov's Dog"

association. There is nothing intrinsically evil about that cart. That said though, it certainly is possible to

give the cart a completely different look to help keep that unfortunate association to a minimum, and your feedback

here has really allerted me to the need for that. I can't thank you enough.

Many many thanks!!!
Bruce

Bruce
06-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Einstein et al,

Please have

another look. I have really taken heart to what you said. We really need a tech upgrade bigtime, but I don't

want to lose the Love Scent image. We made a couple of small changes so far, but will hopefully make more before we

go live. For one thing we got the pile of cash photo off the top (was a link to the affiliate program). And we

brought over the old flash logo from the old site and a couple other tweaks to remind folks we are still the same

old company.

If you can think of any other design/cosmetic changes we might make to let folks know we are

still the same old Love Scent, please let me know.

Thanks and love,
B

SLK
06-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Bruce,

I live the

new design. Very professional. Although still somewhat similar to "that" site, I believe there are certain elements

which carries the love-scent image.

Cheers
SLK