PDA

View Full Version : question for Dr.Kohl or anyone

bobbysox
06-10-2004, 04:05 PM
My

girlfriend is on the pill, and i was wondering if you could explain the dynamics of her attraction as opposed to a

woman who ovulates naturally, without contraception. I am afraid that she may not be prone to smell pheros or react

to them. It seems while i drive other women crazy with mones, she seems to be almost unaffected. we have a good

relationship for the most part, but i am wondering if the "pill" may be shortcircuiting the mones from working..i

have read in previous posts that you made the statement that the pill would have no adverse effect on women, or that

women on the pill would respond to them the same..is this true? i welcome comments from anyone on this...

belgareth
06-10-2004, 04:42 PM
My girlfriend

is on the pill, and i was wondering if you could explain the dynamics of her attraction as opposed to a woman who

ovulates naturally, without contraception. I am afraid that she may not be prone to smell pheros or react to them.

It seems while i drive other women crazy with mones, she seems to be almost unaffected. we have a good relationship

for the most part, but i am wondering if the "pill" may be shortcircuiting the mones from working..i have read in

previous posts that you made the statement that the pill would have no adverse effect on women, or that women on the

pill would respond to them the same..is this true? i welcome comments from anyone on this...
There has

been some discussion that mones have far less effect on a person that knows you well. That has been my experience

also but others seem to get good responses from people who know them well.

BDC_Concepts
06-10-2004, 04:45 PM
I'd have to dig through

some things to see if I could come up with theories on how birth control might influence response to pheromone

supplementation, but generally, the first question that came to mind was if she was effected, in your opinion,

before she started using the pill or if you have never tried using pheromones before. I think most people will

concur, but I find that people who I am friends or well acquanted with respond less to pheromone supplementation

than a stranger. This is very much attributed to the social factors that make us human. In other words,

friends/partners etc. become well aware of your personality, actions, reactions, attitude and more. In that

domain, they are less reliant on their subconscious as would a stranger who has not had the ability to interact.

Some ideas....

Matt
BDC Concepts

bobbysox
06-10-2004, 04:58 PM
good points....i have never

dated her when she wasnt on the pill ( she says she uses it to regulate her periods )...its low grade bc..but i am

interested in the link where jkohl says bc doesnt matter, if its out there, anyone know where that link is? also, i

have to say the best thing i have used for hits is this: take a bottle of apc, put one or two drops of npa...lather

as ususal, and enjoy the love and attention, amazing stuff these pheros are!

Ash
06-10-2004, 05:03 PM
BC pills work differently with

different women as far as sex drive goes. Some pills will shut some women down completely or to varying degrees when

it comes to sex drive and desire for sex. Those "other women" that you are driving crazy are no doubt on the pill

too so.....if her desire isn't what it used to be you might be able to trace it back to the use of a new pill. Most

Anti-depressants shut down sex drive for both men and women to varying degrees too. Some even make the very thought

of sex seem strange and odd like, "what are those people doing that for?" kinda thinking. If she's using the wrong

BC for her personal chemistry or is on one of the many sex-shunting AD drugs, mones aren't going to help you out.

Pissing up a rope comes to mind.

DrSmellThis
06-10-2004, 07:33 PM
In a nutshell, research

suggests that being on the pill shorts-circuits the connection between his pheromones and her hormones; and can lead

a woman to "misread" a man's phero signature, as regards whether his immune responses are complementary to hers --

risking biologically inappropriate mate choices. The pill overrides some normal hormonal fluctuations and responses

in creating an artificial stability.

jvkohl
06-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Oral contraceptives

trick a woman's body into thinking she is pregnant, and therefore she has no use (biologically speaking) for a man.

The link between OC's and decreased sex drive makes sense. Also, a large component of a woman's sexuality is due

to cyclic estradiol levels, which prompt a large surge
in luteinizing hormone and testosterone at ovulation.

Here's the set up: estrogens (like estradiol) increase sensitivity to musky male natural body odors; a woman finds

the scent of a particular man most pleasant when she is ovulating; he also finds her scent to be most pleasant when

she's ovulating; she gets a testosterone surge--and his testosterone level peaks at the same time.
If a woman

takes OC's she eliminates a very important cyclic series of events. In other mammals, this set up is responsible

for properly timed reproductive sexual behavior. In humans, I think its responsible for men never having a clue

about what a woman has in mind. But then, there are many women who don't pay attention to their hormone changes,

and so they don't have a clue why they want what they want when they want it, or not.

fran1
06-11-2004, 01:21 PM
JVK your explanation is awesome.

Thanks

Sexyredhead
06-11-2004, 01:22 PM
What about those women who

are more sexual when they are pregnant than when they aren't? :confused:

Pancho1188
06-11-2004, 01:43 PM
I'd say the case for this is

that a pregnant woman's hormones are going nuts during pregnancy, so it's a crapshoot. Sometimes she could be

randy, and other times she'll feel fat and sluggish. Using the previous explanation, I'd say that OCs can do some

tricks on the body, but they don't cause the same hormonal swings that actual pregnancy does.

JustPeachy
06-11-2004, 02:03 PM
I'd say the

case for this is that a pregnant woman's hormones are going nuts during pregnancy, so it's a crapshoot. Sometimes

she could be randy, and other times she'll feel fat and sluggish. Using the previous explanation, I'd say that OCs

can do some tricks on the body, but they don't cause the same hormonal swings that actual pregnancy does.

However - OC's often do away with the hormonal swings some women experience anyway. Which can be a good thing.

Bottom line, it's just a crapshoot.

einstein
06-11-2004, 03:00 PM
I am currently reading the book

Love Scents by Michelle Kodis.
She refers to a study by Claus Wedekind where he had women smell mens sweaty

T-shirts. Most women prefered the smell of a T-shirt worn by a guy with a dissimilar immune system signature.

Women on birth control pills preferred the T-shirts with similar immune systems.
I think this is also what DST is

referring to.