PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Ash!

Ash
06-05-2004, 09:19 PM
I would have put this in

the Bad News for Ash Thread I started a few weeks back but I had some misinformation in that one so it's better off

dead and gone.

The GOOD news for Ash is I finally got my ass in to see a real Dr. about my very low Cortisol

levels. After being burned twice trying to buy Cort online I decided to spend the $, see the Man and get fixed.

Spend the $ is right. $600.00 for a 1 1/2 hour visit but I got the Cort and Ash is a new Ash! All the frikin

difference in the world. I'm very happy right now! I received lots of PM's after my Bad news Thread (thanks!) so I

wanted to put the Good news up.

I also wanted to share this. The Doc gave me a little Iodine patch/swab thing.

Like a tiny handy wipe. Just a piece of gauze saturated with Iodine. Like the stuff you put on cuts. You swab a

swatch of skin with it. If the stain stays for over 24 hrs. your Thyroid is getting enough of the Iodine it needs to

function normally. If the stain goes away before 24 hrs you probably have a weak Thyroid gland because it isn't

getting the Iodine it needs. My first swatch, a big one, went away within an hour. Not good. The whole patch was

gone and absorbed through the skin in less than 6 hrs. Not good. The idea is that the Iodine will keep absorbing

until your body has the Iodine it needs. When it does the skin will stop absorbing the Iodine cuz it has enough and

the stain will stay for over 24 hrs. Pretty COOL, yes? It's just the 2% Tincture you use for cuts and a great way

to test/treat your sluggish Thyroid.

To be precise. You're body uses the Iodine to make Thyroxin which is the

hormone that your Thyroid needs to be a good/great Thyroid. Like my Mama always says. "Take good care of your pooper

and your pooper will take good care of you". Same with your Thyroid! :)

JustPeachy
06-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Jeez, Ash. I must be dyin',

then. :confused: I had some iodine wipes in my first aid kit. Swiped my abdomen high up near my ribcage, and watched

the stain disappear in under 5 minutes.[Gasp - Choke - Crumple! Damn! Always wanted to go out in a blaze of glory,

ya know?]

Ash
06-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Jeez, Ash. I must

be dyin', then. :confused: I had some iodine wipes in my first aid kit. Swiped my abdomen high up near my ribcage,

and watched the stain disappear in under 5 minutes.[Gasp - Choke - Crumple! Damn! Always wanted to go out in a blaze

of glory, ya know?]
Seriously Peachy? If so your wayyy low. I stopped by the Dstore today and bought a

bottle. $1.39 :)

I just take off the cap and dab myself all over. I'm still drinking it up. I can actually

feel what the Iodine is doing for me separately from the Cort. Both are making Ash feel really good. Healthy good!

The instructions the Doc gave me say to put the swipes on different parts of the bod. BTW.

JustPeachy
06-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Ok then, I'll try it that way

ad see what happens.

JustPeachy
06-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Eh, it wouldn't even MAKE any

stains this time. I prolly have some old wipes. I'll pick up a bottle of new stuff tomorrow and try it again.

Gossamer_2701
06-06-2004, 09:03 AM
That's GREAT NEWS Ash!!!

I'm glad that you were able to figure out and fix the problems:)

DrSmellThis
06-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Kelp is a nice, natural source

of iodine.

Elana
06-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Kelp is a nice,

natural source of iodine.
Yeah...sea veggies are a super source of iodine.

tounge
06-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah...sea veggies are

a super source of iodine.

Does that include Tuna? :)

Sexyredhead
06-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Kelp is a

nice, natural source of iodine.

Yes, but it also tastes like, well...seaweed. <bleccch!>

I

apparently need iodine too. I slathered some on the inside of my elbow today and it was gone in a couple hours. I

think it's because I drink a lot of water, and I rarely touch the salt if it's just me.

Thanks for the tip,

Ash! :)

belgareth
06-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Yes, but it

also tastes like, well...seaweed. <bleccch!>

I apparently need iodine too. I slathered some on the inside of my

elbow today and it was gone in a couple hours. I think it's because I drink a lot of water, and I rarely touch the

salt if it's just me.

Thanks for the tip, Ash! :)
Just eat lots of lobster. All the iodine you'll

need.:)

Sexyredhead
06-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Just eat

lots of lobster. All the iodine you'll need.:)

I'm allergic. :( I can eat shrimp and crawfish

all day long, but lobster makes my mouth go numb. :(

Ash
06-09-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm allergic. :(

I can eat shrimp and crawfish all day long, but lobster makes my mouth go numb. :(

You don't do

that head thing with the crawfish do ya SRH?

I mean, Eeeeuu :eek:

Sexyredhead
06-09-2004, 04:25 PM
You don't do that

head thing with the crawfish do ya SRH?

I have on occasion, but

not always. Besides, I rarely peel my own. ;)

tallmacky
06-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Ash do you take a daily

multivitamin, kind of like this bad boy here http://bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html I like that

one a lot.

By the way, please don't go on ragging on Tuna, its probably the best tasting food/animal ever

created. Me and Tuna are having a love affair I eat 3 cans of it everyday, sometimes raw, I love its natural

setting. Ash, you wouldn't make fun of Tuna would you? :(

Give Tuna to your children, your brothers, your

mother, everyone should do a little Tuna. Chunky Light is your friend. You may get lucky and get to taste a little

Dolphin. (Don't flame me I love Dolphin's :))

tallmacky
06-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah Ash, if you need Iodine

that bad then just drink this (http://www.lighthouse.chtr.k12.ma.us/periodic/periodicimages/iodine.jpg)

belgareth
06-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm

allergic. :( I can eat shrimp and crawfish all day long, but lobster makes my mouth go numb. :(
Any

shellfish is high in iodine. When you go in for thyroid tests, you can't eat shellfish or seafood in general for a

long time prior to the tests. Otherwise the thyroid will not take up the Iodine 131 used in scans. I just happen to

be very fond of lobster.

Ash
06-09-2004, 05:49 PM
I have on

occasion, but not always. Besides, I rarely peel my own. ;)
I'm growing so fond of you these past weeks

and days SRH. *sigh*

Ash
06-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Ash do you take a

daily multivitamin, kind of like this bad boy here

http://bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html I

like that one a lot.

By the way, please don't go on ragging on Tuna, its probably the best tasting food/animal

ever created. Me and Tuna are having a love affair I eat 3 cans of it everyday, sometimes raw, I love its natural

setting. Ash, you wouldn't make fun of Tuna would you? :(
Heavens no Tall One! But

I wouldn't eat it either. Too much Mercury in it.

Give Tuna to your children, your brothers, your

mother, everyone should do a little Tuna. Chunky Light is your friend. You may get lucky and get to taste a little

Dolphin. (Don't flame me I love Dolphin's :))
I like the idea of tuna but if you eat too

much of it it will croak you.

tallmacky
06-09-2004, 05:56 PM
I'm growing so fond

of you these past weeks and days SRH. *sigh*

Ash I heard in one of SRH's signatures, that if you mow

her lawn topless, sporting your superior pectoids, she will think more highly of you......too tempting. Oh and show

her your calves (not the baby cows the muscles).

Elana
06-09-2004, 05:59 PM
She loves the smell of fresh cut

grass on a man.

Ash
06-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Any shellfish is

high in iodine. When you go in for thyroid tests, you can't eat shellfish or seafood in general for a long time

prior to the tests. Otherwise the thyroid will not take up the Iodine 131 used in scans. I just happen to be very

fond of lobster.
Lobster is my favorite thing EVER! Have you ever had those HUGE Tiger Shrimp that taste

just like Lob? There was a place in Spokane back years ago, "The Menopause Inn" or something like that; I can't

remember exactly. They used to have all you could eat Steak & Lobster for $1.99 per person. Boy, Those were the

days!

Ash
06-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Ash I heard in one

of SRH's signatures, that if you mow her lawn topless, sporting your superior pectoids, she will

think more highly of you......too tempting. Oh and show her your calves (not the baby cows the muscles).

Is there another way of mowing a women's lawn that I'm not aware of Tall One?

Ash
06-09-2004, 06:13 PM
She loves the smell of

fresh cut grass on a man.

I think it's that earthy, musky, primal scent that does it E. Yes? Thanks

for the tip! BTW

Sexyredhead
06-09-2004, 07:36 PM
They're right, Ash. If you

come mow my grass topless (especially if you show off your sexy legs while you're at it) I'd probably attack you

right there in the middle of the front yard and give the neighbors a show they haven't seen since....well, since

the last time a hot guy mowed my grass. :o :D

Sexyredhead
06-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Any

shellfish is high in iodine. When you go in for thyroid tests, you can't eat shellfish or seafood in general for a

long time prior to the tests. Otherwise the thyroid will not take up the Iodine 131 used in scans. I just happen to

be very fond of lobster.

I better go to the lake this weekend then. Always a crawfish boil going

on somewhere. :D

JustPeachy
06-09-2004, 08:39 PM
You don't so that

head thing with the crawfish do ya SRH?

sccchhhhherrrrrrp! mmm, mmm, good! (And

good for ya, too. They'll roll your socks up and...well, never mind. ;) )

Only one problem here. Crawdads are

a fresh water crustacean, and so aren't a source of iodine. They are, however, a great source of amusement

whenever touristas are about. :D I've stopped the iodine, just for a few days while the doc's checking out my

throid situation. I don't want to jigger his results.

belgareth
06-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Lobster is my

favorite thing EVER! Have you ever had those HUGE Tiger Shrimp that taste just like Lob? There was a place in

Spokane back years ago, "The Menopause Inn" or something like that; I can't remember exactly. They used to have all

you could eat Steak & Lobster for $1.99 per person. Boy, Those were the days!
When I can get them. Brushed

with garlic butter and grilled.

Elana
06-10-2004, 05:48 AM
sccchhhhherrrrrrp! mmm, mmm, good! (And good for ya, too. They'll roll your socks up and...well,

never mind. ;) )

Only one problem here. Crawdads are a fresh water crustacean, and so aren't a source of

iodine. They are, however, a great source of amusement whenever touristas are about. :D I've stopped the iodine,

just for a few days while the doc's checking out my throid situation. I don't want to jigger his

results.Et Tu Peachy...Et Fucking Tu? (stolen from the files of FTR)
You eat those nasty crawfish? :eek:

JustPeachy
06-10-2004, 07:32 AM
Et Tu Peachy...Et

Fucking Tu? (stolen from the files of FTR)
You eat those nasty crawfish? :eek:
Straight up! Whaddya mean,

nasty? They're just tiny little freshwater lobsters.

Best I ever had, surprisingly, were at a restaraunt. I

think It was called Murphy's "Drink Like an Irishman, Eat like a Southerner". Pile 'o crawdads with Lime Jello

shooters. (My dinner companions were somewhat greener than the shooters, so I didn't even suck the heads. But you

could hear people doin' it all over the place. Cool!) :D :D :D

Elana
06-10-2004, 07:39 AM
so I didn't even suck

the heads. But you could hear people doin' it all over the place. Cool!) :D :D :D
Did anyone else gag

when they read that? :eek: :D

JustPeachy
06-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Did anyone else

gag when they read that? :eek: :D
That was some serious down home eatin', y'all. I'm lickin' my chops,

just thinking about it. Only thing it needed was some nana puddin' or maple syrple on white bread to cap it off.

JustPeachy
06-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Looks like I wuz wrong. I

checked, and crawdaddies DO have iodine in 'em.

Prolly accounts for the low incidence of alligators and

cottonmouths with goiters. :D

tallmacky
06-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Ash, any updates on how you are

feeling? :)

Ash
06-15-2004, 10:29 AM
My days are a little better. Much

easier to deal with stressful events like those pesky Statutory Rape accusations and restraining orders from irate

Mom's I get from time to time and that's good. Chester still visits in the night though. Six hours is about it,

then I have to get my blood sugar levels back up. That was what I was really hoping the Cort would help but

NOOOOO!!! So back to the drawing board on that. I might just have to live with it. Just part of turning into an old

person. You start to slow down, then you can't get it up anymore...and then you die. I'm doing great in the get it

up department though. And that's a very good thing. Andro-gel. Four big thumbs up on that stuff Tall One. I've got

to stock up before the ban starts.

Thanks for asking Tall One and don't pay any attention to what Elana is

PM'ing people about you. She'll get over it.

Ash

Holmes
06-15-2004, 12:50 PM
My days are a little

better. Much easier to deal with stressful events like those pesky Statutory Rape accusations and restraining orders

from irate Mom's I get from time to time and that's good. Chester still visits in the night though. Six hours is

about it, then I have to get my blood sugar levels back up. That was what I was really hoping the Cort would help

but NOOOOO!!! So back to the drawing board on that. I might just have to live with it. Just part of turning into an

old person. You start to slow down, then you can't get it up anymore...and then you die. I'm doing great in the

get it up department though. And that's a very good thing. Andro-gel. Four big thumbs up on that stuff Tall One.

I've got to stock up before the ban starts.

Thanks for asking Tall One and don't pay any attention to what

Elana is PM'ing people about you. She'll get over it.

:D Great to hear, Ash. I just the results of a

saliva test back today. Boy, am I glad I did it.

Ash
06-15-2004, 12:59 PM
:D Great to hear, Ash.

I just the results of a saliva test back today. Boy, am I glad I did it.

???

And.....................?

Elana
06-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks for asking Tall One

and don't pay any attention to what Elana is PM'ing people about you. She'll get over it.
Nope! He did

it again...the punishment goes on. :p

I am glad you are feeling better. :)

Elana
06-15-2004, 01:14 PM
:D Great to hear,

Ash. I just the results of a saliva test back today. Boy, am I glad I did it.
Yeah.........And?????????

Sexyredhead
06-15-2004, 01:46 PM
He has lizard saliva. :eek:

Holmes
06-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah.........And?????????

"My doctor told me I was swallowing a lot of

aggression...along with a lot of pizzas! AHAHAHAHAHAHA pizzas!"

No, some issues very similar to Ash's, but

with a few lovely bonuses thrown in.

(And I thought I was being a goooood boy...) :D