PDA

View Full Version : DMAE in face cream

belgareth
05-30-2004, 09:42 AM
A while back I saw

a dermotologist's article about using DMAE in face creams. Has anybody else here seen anything about it? I'd like

to know if there are negatives or issues with using it regularly.

My SO, Jessica, decided to try it. She's

almost 28 years old and has fair skin. Prior to this experiment her skin looked about average for her age. Over a

period of a couple of months her skin really improved, became clear, firmer and younger looking. Just to make sure

we weren't imagining things she stopped using it for about a month; the difference is noticeable! Her skin looks

about like an 18 year old's now.

The stuff she is using is from TwinLab and is called DMAE H3. She mixes about

6 drops with a couple ounces of lotion and applies it after showering. Below is the info from the bottle:

DMAE-H3 is a concentrated solution of the PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) salt of DMAE stabilized with

benzoic acid. DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) by itself is alkaline and caustic. Therefore, only salts and esters of

DMAE are used. DMAE naturally occurs as liquid in its concentrated form. DMAE naturally occurs in fish

Elana
05-30-2004, 11:09 AM
A while back I saw

a dermotologist's article about using DMAE in face creams. Has anybody else here seen anything about it? I'd like

to know if there are negatives or issues with using it regularly.

My SO, Jessica, decided to try it. She's

almost 28 years old and has fair skin. Prior to this experiment her skin looked about average for her age. Over a

period of a couple of months her skin really improved, became clear, firmer and younger looking. Just to make sure

we weren't imagining things she stopped using it for about a month; the difference is noticeable! Her skin looks

about like an 18 year old's now.

The stuff she is using is from TwinLab and is called DMAE H3. She mixes

about 6 drops with a couple ounces of lotion and applies it after showering. Below is the info from the bottle:

DMAE-H3 is a concentrated solution of the PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) salt of DMAE stabilized with

benzoic acid. DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) by itself is alkaline and caustic. Therefore, only salts and esters of

DMAE are used. DMAE naturally occurs as liquid in its concentrated form. DMAE naturally occurs in

fish

What form are hers in? Is she using the oral gel pills and making a hole in them and

using the liquid inside to mix with lotion?

belgareth
05-30-2004, 12:38 PM
What form are hers in? Is she using the oral gel pills and making a hole in them and using the liquid inside to mix with lotion?
We buy it in liquid form. I think that is what the H3 on the label means. This link is one place on the web where you can get it dirt cheap. I've been using it as a health supplemant for a long time.

http://www.fubaohealth.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/cgi-local/smpagegen.exe?U+scstore+cyjd4198ff96d696+-p+-c+scstore.cfg+TW0620

Elana
05-31-2004, 05:58 AM
I read mixed reviews on MUA. Some

loved it and some didn't notice a difference. The products that they were reviewing were ones from Dr. Perricone

that cost $90.00 for 2 ounces. For that price I would expect it to be a face lift in a jar. :D

People are

such fools for labels. I'll give it a try. It's so inexpensive to do it the way Jessica does it.

SweetBrenda
05-31-2004, 09:12 PM
hmm intresting.. thanks for

the link

deb
06-01-2004, 07:57 PM
I read mixed reviews on

MUA. Some loved it and some didn't notice a difference. The products that they were reviewing were ones from Dr.

Perricone that cost $90.00 for 2 ounces. For that price I would expect it to be a face lift in a jar. :D

People

are such fools for labels. I'll give it a try. It's so inexpensive to do it the way Jessica does it.I sure

plan on giving it a try. I also heard that if you take flax seed oil every day, it works from the inside out. I

tried 1 T. of it and drank something down quickly after it and I still had a "fish" taste in my mouth but it didn't

last long. I did notice after a few days of taking it once a day that my skin was really soft and I didn't need

lotion. It is hard to keep up with every day though.:rolleyes: