PDA

View Full Version : *~Healthy Snacks~*

SweetBrenda
05-28-2004, 10:50 PM
I am one of them

people whos always on a "diet" if I don't watch what I eat very easy I can gain weight.. Very frustaring. There for

I have tried so many diets but yet Atkins is the "only" one that worked for me. It's amazing how much you learn not

to eat once you know how many carbs you are consumming a day if you aren't careful. I didn't care before about

carbs but just calories so here I thought by just eating *1 banana and an apple some grapes or an orange* I was

doing great! not knowing that bananas and apples are high in carbs! *yikes* I did very good in keeping my carns

under 20 a day for a while but I had to cheat from time to time because the way I see things is,,, you gotta taste a

little of the good stuff too ! and then get back in track! I would be a liar if I say I never cheat! you would not

believe how good a regular chocolate bar tastes after 3 weeks of just eating the low carb chocolates! wowwwwwwww!

mmmm mmmm I have some snacks I make at home to take with me for work so I won't be so tempted to eat a bag of chips

or a bag of cookies specially having the candy machine right next door to the office *ugh* ...Usually I make celeray

sticks smired with peanut-butter or minnie turkey roll ups filled with cream chesse.. I'm wondering what are some

of your favorite healthy snacks so maybe we can learn something new and good we might want to try out! doesn't

matter if is not Atkins ...
Thank you for reading

einstein
05-29-2004, 03:13 AM
My favorite healthy

snack is a navel orange. Looks kinda like this -->:)<-- only more orangy. Guess that doesn't help you any.

Elana
05-29-2004, 05:54 AM
Get yourself a juicer and use it.

Keep tons of fresh fruit and veggies in your fridge and make yourself tall, fresh glasses of juice. You can make

some delicious combinations. They make look ugly but they taste great. Pineapple/broccoli is great.

Apple/carrot/kale is a favorite. Try it. These drinks will fill you up. They taste delicious and are obviously very

good for you. You may have it in your head to avoid juices because you are thinking about store bought stuff. This

is nothing like that.

deb
05-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Get yourself a juicer

and use it. Keep tons of fresh fruit and veggies in your fridge and make yourself tall, fresh glasses of juice. You

can make some delicious combinations. They make look ugly but they taste great. Pineapple/broccoli is great.

Apple/carrot/kale is a favorite. Try it. These drinks will fill you up. They taste delicious and are obviously very

good for you. You may have it in your head to avoid juices because you are thinking about store bought stuff. This

is nothing like that.
I know this is far from juicing but if I really feel like I want to cheat but don't

want to go off the Atkins and just want to munch, I like porkrines. They have different flavored porkrines too.:p

Elana
05-29-2004, 06:28 AM
I know this is far from

juicing but if I really feel like I want to cheat but don't want to go off the Atkins and just want to munch, I

like porkrines. They have different flavored porkrines too.:p

Blech :eek: :D
I remember reading

about how you can use crushed up porkrinds to bread meats and then fry them. You can make fried chicken using

porkrinds in place of the bread crumbs.......I felt queasy just typing that lol

Elana
05-29-2004, 06:30 AM
Since we are talking about Atkins,

another thing you can do is buy the bricks of the extra firm tofu and slice them up and make mock macaroni and

cheese. You can slice the tofu into thin slices and use the tofu in place of lasagna noodles. Tofu has no taste so

you will only taste the other stuff, but the consistency is a bit messy.

deb
05-29-2004, 06:31 AM
Blech :eek: :D
I

remember reading about how you can use crushed up porkrinds to bread meats and then fry them. You can make fried

chicken using porkrinds in place of the bread crumbs.......I felt queasy just typing that lol
I've tried

it and its good. Especially the spicy porkrines.;)

deb
05-29-2004, 06:33 AM
Since we are talking

about Atkins, another thing you can do is buy the bricks of the extra firm tofu and slice them up and make mock

macaroni and cheese. You can slice the tofu into thin slices and use the tofu in place of lasagna noodles. Tofu has

no taste so you will only taste the other stuff, but the consistency is a bit messy.
That sounds like a

great idea, mac and cheese, mmmm. I'll try that.:D

deb
05-29-2004, 06:34 AM
Hey Elana, can you send me a pm. I

don't seem to be getting any (in more ways than one). I get email saying I have pm and then I go there and there is

nothing.

Elana
05-29-2004, 06:38 AM
DEb...I just sent you one. :)

Dissension
05-29-2004, 06:49 AM
lots of greesy bacon...and

lots of egg...stick that in your blendah!!!

Elana
05-29-2004, 06:54 AM
lots of greesy

bacon...and lots of egg...stick that in your blendah!!!

You are nasty :eek: I think I like you ;)

Dissension
05-29-2004, 07:00 AM
I kiss you :-*

I have

TV, I have sandwich maker, I have pants, I have instrument...i make music for you ;)

Elana
05-29-2004, 07:02 AM
I kiss you

:-*

I have TV, I have sandwich maker, I have pants, I have instrument...i make music for you

;)

MAHIR?????????
You have green eyes, you live alone. I KISS YOU!!!!!!!

Dissension
05-29-2004, 07:05 AM
I am one of

them people whos always on a "diet" if I don't watch what I eat very easy I can gain weight.. Very frustaring.

There for I have tried so many diets but yet Atkins is the "only" one that worked for me. It's amazing how much you

learn not to eat once you know how many carbs you are consumming a day if you aren't careful. I didn't care

before about carbs but just calories so here I thought by just eating *1 banana and an apple some grapes or an

orange* I was doing great! not knowing that bananas and apples are high in carbs! *yikes* I did very good in keeping

my carns under 20 a day for a while but I had to cheat from time to time because the way I see things is,,, you

gotta taste a little of the good stuff too ! and then get back in track! I would be a liar if I say I never cheat!

you would not believe how good a regular chocolate bar tastes after 3 weeks of just eating the low carb chocolates!

wowwwwwwww! mmmm mmmm I have some snacks I make at home to take with me for work so I won't be so tempted to eat a

bag of chips or a bag of cookies specially having the candy machine right next door to the office *ugh* ...Usually I

make celeray sticks smired with peanut-butter or minnie turkey roll ups filled with cream chesse.. I'm wondering

what are some of your favorite healthy snacks so maybe we can learn something new and good we might want to try out!

doesn't matter if is not Atkins ...
Thank you for reading

American chocolate is rubbish

anyway...I dont know why you bother with that.

europena choc is the best..they actually use milk or cream

'shock horror', compare one of our kit kats with one of yours...and you'll be fat..cos you just couldnt help

yourself.

wait

i dont eat chocolate

not even easter time

Dissension
05-29-2004, 07:10 AM
MAHIR?????????
You have green eyes, you live alone. I KISS YOU!!!!!!!

I have

brown eyes :mad:

I have remote control :(

You been sleeping arround behind my back "hussy"

:mad: with that low life MAHIR. I kill him now, I have nuke, er atom bomb I made in my fish tank.

I

make you pay...you must lick things I present to you.

;)

Elana
05-29-2004, 07:11 AM
I have brown eyes

:mad:

You been sleeping arround behind my back "hussy" :mad:

with that low life MAHIR. I kill him now, I have nuke, er atom bomb I made in my fish tank.

I make you

pay...you must lick things I present to you.

;)

I feel more love for you than I do for

Mahir. You wear Speedo for me? I like lick things.

deb
05-29-2004, 07:13 AM
I have brown eyes

:mad:

You been sleeping arround behind my back "hussy" :mad: with that low

life MAHIR. I kill him now, I have nuke, er atom bomb I made in my fish tank.

I make you pay...you must lick

things I present to you.

;)SHOWER TIME:D

Dissension
05-29-2004, 07:15 AM
SHOWER

TIME:D

hello Deb

Are you my friend?

do you like BASS....i like BASS it

feels gooooood ;)

deb
05-29-2004, 07:19 AM
hello Deb

Are you my friend?

do you like BASS....i like BASS it feels gooooood ;)
I suppose since you like the

feel of it, we aren't talking about the fish. LOL What the hell are you talking about?

Elana
05-29-2004, 07:23 AM
hello Deb

Are you my friend?

do you like BASS....i like BASS it feels gooooood ;)

I

don't kiss you. I kill you. You love Deb. I no want your remote control. I don't lick you :mad:

and staying

on topic......try to buy organic :)

Dissension
05-29-2004, 07:28 AM
nothing like Sea Bass cooked

with ginger and spring onion...yum yum

My fish grow in Sea with water and weeds

"That wot

I'm talkin bout"

Organ is manic ;)

deb
05-29-2004, 07:30 AM
nothing like Sea

Bass cooked with ginger and spring onion...yum yum

My fish grow in Sea with water and weeds

"That

wot I'm talkin bout"

Organ is manic ;) I've never tried it that way, but I do like Bass.

Dissension
05-29-2004, 09:40 AM
I'm going to liquidize my

left over pizza, half of it...with some milk.

ITs an american hot pizza from pizza express...it has chili and

pepperoni....I might stick some olives in the liquizzzah too

yummy

deb
05-29-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm going to

liquidize my left over pizza, half of it...with some milk.

ITs an american hot pizza from pizza express...it has

chili and pepperoni....I might stick some olives in the liquizzzah too

yummy
That's

disgusting!:eek: I feel sorry for your stomach.

SweetBrenda
05-29-2004, 03:21 PM
tofu instead of noddles! wow

I never would of thought od that one.. I had tofo once in a cheese cake and it wasn't to bad.. so Im going to try

this one thanks Elana~

Dissension
05-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Bean Curd....I like the spicey

pickle kind, have that with some congee ( rice thats cooked ages and is soggee, like rice pudding but savory )

DrSmellThis
05-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Garlic stuffed olives.

deb
05-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Garlic stuffed

olives.Black olives stuffed with cream cheese and garlic!!!!

Dissension
05-30-2004, 06:55 PM
oooOOOh smell you

deb
05-30-2004, 07:11 PM
oooOOOh smell

you
Don't worry, I'll cover it with mones and it won't matter.:D

Pancho1188
05-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Don't worry, I'll

cover it with mones and it won't matter.:D
Eat garlic, lots of garlic! It won't matter...pheromones

will still make family members hit on you! :rolleyes: ...oh, wait, wrong thread. :D

tallmacky
05-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Water is a healthy snack.

Elana
05-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Water is a healthy

snack.

Only the kind without carbs

deb
05-31-2004, 04:05 PM
Eat garlic, lots of

garlic! It won't matter...pheromones will still make family members hit on you! :rolleyes: ...oh, wait, wrong

thread. :D
Wait a minute, don't be so hard on yourself. Garlic, hitting on family members, I can see

where there would be a common thread, (hee Hee):D I made myself laugh on that one.

Pancho1188
05-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Wait a minute,

don't be so hard on yourself. Garlic, hitting on family members, I can see where there would be a common thread,

(hee Hee):D I made myself laugh on that one.
:)

.sdrawkcab epyt ot drah si tI

Dissension
05-31-2004, 04:35 PM
ti od tnod

neht

deb
05-31-2004, 04:37 PM
ti od

tnod neht
Translation please.;)

Pancho1188
05-31-2004, 04:43 PM
ti od tnod neht
.aedi dooG

Dissension
05-31-2004, 05:02 PM
.aedi

dooG

uoy ot yas dluow rotcoD eht tahw sti

deb
05-31-2004, 05:05 PM
uoy ot yas

dluow rotcoD eht tahw sti
ok OK O k, I finally got it. Long day.:D

Pancho1188
05-31-2004, 05:05 PM
tceles B hsup

Major props

to whoever knows what that is a reference to...

Dissension
05-31-2004, 05:32 PM
no one cares Pancho

DrSmellThis
05-31-2004, 07:22 PM
What is this, a dyslexic convention?

deb
05-31-2004, 07:26 PM
What is this, a

dyslexic convention?No just a bunch of smart as*#%:)

a.k.a.
06-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Pomegranate. Nature’s highest

concentration of antioxidants and it’s fun to eat. (Makes your lips pucker real nice too.)

deb
06-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Pomegranate. Nature’s

highest concentration of antioxidants and it’s fun to eat. (Makes your lips pucker real nice too.) Nope not

for me, too much pucker, and are you sure it is nature's highest antioxident?:confused:

a.k.a.
06-01-2004, 09:12 PM
are you sure it is

nature's highest antioxident?:confused:
Nothing's for sure but...

"Pomegranates are proving to be the most powerful

antioxidant available, better than red wine, tomatoes, vitamin E and a variety of other headline makers," says

Prof. Michael Aviram of the Lipid Research Laboratory at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, who led the

team. Prof. Aviram, who was the first to prove the beneficial effects of red wine on cholesterol oxidation in

humans, is an internationally recognized authority on the effect of food on heart disease.

from

http://www.rambam.org.il/aviram/pome.htm

also:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/hk/articles/view/0,1471,807,00.html

SweetBrenda
06-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Some one at work told me to

buy almond/butter-spread to use instead of peanut-butter! so I got me some today and made myself a almond-butter &

jelly sandwich on a 7 grain low carb bread mmmm mmmm that was so yummy! so for tomorrow some bananas

w/almond/butter-spread will be for snacks.. I'm sure they will be pretty good too. I love peanut butter & jelly but

this was a different taste!

Pancho1188
06-02-2004, 05:25 AM
No just a bunch of

smart as*#%:)
For the record, the only reason that I put that was because whenever I just respond with a

":)", it says, "Post is too short. Must be 10 characters."

I'm sure there's a good reason for this, so I just

wrote a sentence backwards for fun. I didn't know I'd get flack for it.

From now on, I'll just post

"....................." when I need 10 characters, okay? :rolleyes:

SweetBrenda
06-02-2004, 06:23 AM
........................................ like this? =p

Pancho1188
06-02-2004, 06:33 AM
........................................ like this? =p
Yes.

;)

Holmes
06-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Brevity leads to crack (some

say).

DrSmellThis
06-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Well you'd know.

Rice

crackers and tofu pate.

Holmes
06-02-2004, 04:36 PM
:D :D :D

I was waiting for

that.

deb
06-02-2004, 04:39 PM
For the record, the

only reason that I put that was because whenever I just respond with a ":)", it says, "Post is too short. Must be 10

characters."

I'm sure there's a good reason for this, so I just wrote a sentence backwards for fun. I didn't

know I'd get flack for it.

From now on, I'll just post "....................." when I need 10 characters,

okay? :rolleyes: OK Pancho, I was just KIDDING. I thought it was rather amusing really, creative. I just

wish it didn't take me as long as it did to catch on. So keep it up!! Good work my man!

SweetBrenda
07-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Does anyone know why

brown-rice is supposed to be more healthy then white-rice?

hotrocks5
07-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Probably more nutrients or

fiber. I think my grandparents eat it instead of white rice. They also drink some wheatgrass juice everyday. I

know it's all supposed to be healthy, but personally, I can't stand it!

DrSmellThis
07-03-2004, 08:52 AM
What hotrocks says, plus the

carbs are somewhat more complex in brown rice.

einstein
07-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Yoplait has introduced a

low-carb yogurt. Sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) has 8g carbs, 8g protein, and is tasty. Also provides 20% of

daily calcium, and I think some study found that more calcium helps to lose weight.

DCW
07-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Low fat mircowave popcorn :thumbsup:

DCW

belgareth
07-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Fresh almonds with just a few

dark chocolate chips mixed in.

SweetBrenda
07-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Yoplait has

introduced a low-carb yogurt. Sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) has 8g carbs, 8g protein, and is tasty. Also

provides 20% of daily calcium, and I think some study found that more calcium helps to lose weight. usually

I get the ice cream but it's a bit expensive at High Helth. I love yogurt so this is a must!. Thanks!

Stevo8089
07-07-2004, 08:33 PM
I haven't read through all

the replies yet but my favorite healthy snacks are a protein bar and a smoothie from jamba juice after lifting

weights at the gym.

null
07-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Nice ol' fruit

salad.

Pineapple, Mango, Watermelon, and grapes. A bit of shredded coconut on the mix, and any of your

favorite yogurt on the fruit salad.

May sound like it tastes bad, but it doesn't at all! It's amazingly

good.

SweetBrenda
07-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Nice ol' fruit

salad.

Pineapple, Mango, Watermelon, and grapes. A bit of shredded coconut on the mix, and any of your favorite

yogurt on the fruit salad.

May sound like it tastes bad, but it doesn't at all! It's amazingly

good.Doesn't sound like it tastes bad at all!!! I'm going to have to make me this one. I love fruit and

having mango & yogurt plus all the rest sounds mighty delicious... yummy yummyyy!!

BaseB3383
08-17-2004, 12:50 PM
tceles B

hsup

Major props to whoever knows what that is a reference to...Wow, a Final Fantasy NES original there!

Gotta love Nintendo's secret codes.
:lol:

CameraGuy
08-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Carbs aren't the problem and

aren't your enemy just remember that, don't follow trends follow a solid calorically defecit diet with good carbs

as you would do with getting the good fats.

BaseB3383
08-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Carbs aren't

the problem and aren't your enemy just remember that, don't follow trends follow a solid calorically defecit diet

with good carbs as you would do with getting the good fats.
Good call. That + exercise = hard body. :D