PDA

View Full Version : website design

zeu2003
05-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Bruce, what do you think

about updating the design of the website? I know it doesnt really matter for people who are already familiar with

love scent, but i think the visual plays a really large part in getting the new customers. Having a nice web site

design gives the new customers a very good impression about your company. I believe you can actually increase your

sales. A new, more organized menu would be nice too.
So that\'s my suggestion

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DrSmellThis
05-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Bruce\'s been

working on that one for a while. But I agree. I think that you have to have a combination of excellent artistic

aesthetics, marketing wisdom, insightful layout logic; and user-friendliness. That is to say nothing about good

price and professionalism. All that in one package is hard to find these days, as everybody and their brother is a

\"bad web page designer\", frankly. The last candidate design, a stereotypic web supermarket layout; was

cheezy, IMHO (which I only think I can get away with saying because the designer and Bruce are no longer in

contact).

Holmes
05-21-2004, 07:55 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
as everybody and their brother is a \"bad web

page designer\", frankly.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It\'s

true.

Holmes

Bruce
05-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Guys,

Good news and

bad news here. First of all, I am in full agreement that Love Scent needs not only a face lift but a new cart. We

were close to the former almost 2 years ago when someone apparently abducted my web designer. :-) Since then every

design mock up I have been shown was clearly worse than what we have now. The good news is that we are very close

to having a new cart ready to rock and roll. This is software that will also drive the entire website;

organization, navigation, affiliate program etc etc... the woiks! The bad news is that we are still without a

graphic design.

Bruce