PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for tonight.

dping28
05-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Im going

out to a pool hall and was interested in trying a new combo out. So would like some advice. here is what I have

tried so far(more then once):
AE/m (by it self 3-5drops)
AE/m + PI + SOE (3drops + 2 dabs + 4 inches)

Here is

what I have:
AE/m
PI/m
SOE unscented (liquid)
WAGG
NPA/m
NPA/w
APC
Gel packs: (SOE/unscented, SOE regular,

TE/m)
PCC
(Chikara on the way but doesnt help tonight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Now I

tried NPA/m ONCE and I dont think I will try it again, I did one dab and man I smelt horible. The smell was way too

strong. I have never used the gel packs so I dont know how much to use of those or how to apply them. for my

AE/m+PI+SOE combo I normally put one drop behind each ear of AE and maybe one drop under my nose, spread 1 or 2 dabs

of PI from my upper neck across to my upper chest, and roll 2 inches of SOE on each wrist. I havent gotten much of

anything on that combo or AE/m by it self. tho my waitress always seems really talkative to me with both of those.

But that could also just be because im a regular and tip well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I

use AXE body spray thats about it, i normally dont use a cologne. Tho I do have Chemistry by Clinique. Look forward

to your advice! Thanks!

tounge
05-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Try 3

drops AE/m, 1 drop Wagg and 2 drops of APC. Cover with 3-5 sprays of Chemistry on your pulse points-wrists, neck and

chest. Keep me posted.

Sagacious1420
05-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Did you use a cover scent w/ the NPA? If not, no wonder it stank. You probably couldn\'t smell the PI because

of the AE scent, especially since you put some right under your nose.

That AE+PI+SOE mix should work pretty well.

I\'ve used a mix of 3 drops AE + 2-3 dabs NPA + 4-6\" SOE w/ good results in the past. Have you used any of the

WKM mixes? You certainly have the products to mix one up. You\'d need a cover scent though.

You may want to

consider using a cologne in the future, I\'ve never found AXE to be a very effective cover for me.

dping28
05-15-2004, 09:33 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Have you used any of the WKM mixes?

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

No I havent tried any mixes yet, It was suggested to me to hold off on

those until I have more experience with combos. I tried 2 dabs of NPA and 4 dabs of APC and 2 sprays of Chemistry

the other night. Nothing really noticable other then my waitresses really friendly but like i said earlier They are

always like that to me so I dont think its the pheromones. I will continue with this one a week or two more and see

what kind of reaction if any I get. I dont remember what I used with NPA the first time I used it I swore i did wear

some cover but I guess what ever I did use wasnt strong enuff. This time is wasnt that bad. I may try addind SOE

after a couple more times. Thanks for the suggestions I have added them to my list of combos to try. If you have any

more please post em so I can make a note of em for future tests, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dping28
05-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Try 3 drops AE/m, 1 drop Wagg and 2 drops of APC.

Cover with 3-5 sprays of Chemistry on your pulse points-wrists, neck and chest. Keep me posted.

<hr

tounge, Do you have any specific spots you apply each of these? Like AE on

the neck, APC chest, WAGG wrists. etc. Just trying to get an idea of how you use it. I wonder if putting specific

pheromones on differnt spots can have differnt effects with the same combos. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

tounge
05-16-2004, 09:21 PM
I mix

them together. I usally put on temples, because the head gives of the most heat. And also chest for the same reason.

I also think you need to get some better cover fragrances. I find that they are as important as mones.

dping28
05-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Besides Chemistry the only other colonge I have found I like is Drakkar. Could you give me a couple suggestions to

check out? Thanks!

tounge
05-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Besides Chemistry the only other colonge I have

found I like is Drakkar. Could you give me a couple suggestions to check out? Thanks!

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Chemistry is a bit dull in my opinion. And Drakkar Noir is a bit too 80\'s. There are many

fine fragrances on the market. You have to try many and find what you like, something that fits your personality.

Just buy the smallest bottle you can, cause sometimes you feel that you really like a certain fragrance and long

before the bottle is gone you hate it.

What works for me may not work for you, but FWIW I have really been

enjoying Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera. This stuff is chick magnet juice for me. Makes um wanna lick me in the

most sensitive of places. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dping28
05-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks, I will check into that stuff next time im out and see if I like it. and will smell around see if I find

anything else. Just got Chikara today, I really like that smell.. I swear I have smelled/smelt that before, just

cant place my finger on it. Its driving me nuts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yea I understand

what you mean by what works for you may not work for me, I just find it helps me to have other peoples opinions of

things to give me things to check, otherwise I get overwhelmed with the options and have no idea where to start.

Plus my sense of smell is not the greatest. If I dont have it directly under my nose theres a 9 times out of 10 I

wont smell it. Thanks again.

DrSmellThis
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
The only way is to spend time smelling things. You get better at it, like anything else. You have to smell like 50

colognes and try 10 of them on you. There is no other way. You can think of smells you know you like or don\'t

like to help guide you and whomever salespersons you talk to.

Elana
05-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Someone

on this forum posted this site the other day. I like it. Just click on the scent that you love to wear and it gives

you others

similar.

http://www.fragrance-e

ditions.com/fatest/index2.asp?id=2139&amp;type=F (\"http://www.fragrance-editions.com/fatest/index2.asp?id=2139&amp;type=F\")

Elana
05-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Sorry...that was the girls link. This is the

boys...

http://www.fragrance-ed

itions.com/fatest/index2.asp?id=2139&amp;type=M (\"http://www.fragrance-editions.com/fatest/index2.asp?id=2139&amp;type=M\")

franki
05-17-2004, 02:37 PM
you selected &gt;

ROCHAS

MAN
Rochas
michael edwards suggests &gt;

AMEN / ANGEL MEN
Thierry Mugler
LOLITA LEMPICKA AU

MASCULIN
Lolita Lempicka
NEMO
Cacharel

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

dping28
05-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh I

will definitly check out that site. Thanks! Yeah I figured I would have to sit and smell alot of differnt ones.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But one thing I was worried about, is what I may think smells

good, its possible others may not think it fits me, So I will probobly have to find a friend to go out and get their

opinion at the same time. Someone who knows me and can see if they think it fits me.

Elana
05-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Oh I will definitly check out that site. Thanks!

Yeah I figured I would have to sit and smell alot of differnt ones.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But one thing I was worried about, is what I may think smells

good, its possible others may not think it fits me, So I will probobly have to find a friend to go out and get their

opinion at the same time. Someone who knows me and can see if they think it fits me.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

You must try Rochas Man

franki
05-17-2004, 03:10 PM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Oh I will definitly check out that site. Thanks! Yeah I figured I would have

to sit and smell alot of differnt ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But one thing I was

worried about, is what I may think smells good, its possible others may not think it fits me, So I will probobly

have to find a friend to go out and get their opinion at the same time. Someone who knows me and can see if they

think it fits me.

You must try Rochas Man

<hr

This is the best advice Elana ever gave. I bought it 2 months ago when she

recommended it, and I really love it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dping28
05-17-2004, 03:33 PM
You must try Rochas Man

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Ok, I will check that out as well.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Making my

list right above all my combos to try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It may be sometime between

wed-sat before I will get out to check these out but once I do I will let you know what I like and got.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bjf
05-17-2004, 04:06 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Oh I will

definitly check out that site. Thanks! Yeah I figured I would have to sit and smell alot of differnt ones.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

You must try Rochas Man

This is the best

advice Elana ever gave. I bought it 2 months ago when she recommended it, and I really love it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I tryed it on

myself at Sephora once and after that went to supermarket and got a huge grin from cashier, no mones and ugly face

and all.

If I hadn\'t spent money on angel, cool water and blue jeans, none of which I really use, I definitely

would have gone for Rochas. I am also interested in Very Sexy from Victoria Secret because that is supposed to be

like it. But females will definitely like Rochas.

Sagacious1420
05-17-2004, 04:31 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Oh I will definitly check out that site. Thanks! Yeah I figured I would have

to sit and smell alot of differnt ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But one thing I was

worried about, is what I may think smells good, its possible others may not think it fits me, So I will probobly

have to find a friend to go out and get their opinion at the same time. Someone who knows me and can see if they

think it fits me.

You must try Rochas Man

<hr

Absolutely!

dping28
05-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Well

since you all speak so highly of it, I think I will just order it now and give it a shot. I found the 3.4oz on a web

site for $26 so if I dont like it its not too big of a loss.

tounge
05-17-2004, 06:54 PM
I would

stick with Herrera. If you look at Micheal Edwards chart; he says that Rochas, Amen and Lolita are similar. However,

Herrera is much more refined and I believe a bit closer to the skin. In other words you won\'t smell lke a frat

boy on the make.

Check out Basenotes.com for reviews on hundreds if not more frgrances. Those guys are sharp.

Actually try both and see for yourself. I\'ve done both and Herrera for Men smells like sex in a bottle.

DrSmellThis
05-17-2004, 09:33 PM
I

wasn\'t all that thrilled with Rochas, though I\'m sure it\'s great for many. So to each their own.

dping28
05-18-2004, 01:50 AM
I am

still going to check Herrera out, I will probobly order that too. If I can find it pretty cheap like Rochas.

camusflage
05-18-2004, 09:27 AM
If

Rochas Man is your thing, AMEN and Lempicka are definitely up the same alley. Very Valentino, Cristobal, Yohji

Homme, and Hanae Mori are also in the same neighborhood.

camusflage
05-18-2004, 09:28 AM
You

can find Herrera at most department stores, so trying without buying shouldn\'t be all that hard.

dping28
05-18-2004, 02:35 PM
You can find Herrera at most department stores, so

trying without buying shouldn\'t be all that hard.

Im too

impulsive, I already ordered that earlier today as well lol.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif One

of these days I need to work on will power. Learn to say no to my impulsive behavior.

camusflage
05-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Check out ebay sales of samples.. You can pick up all kinds of stuff cheap that route.

dping28
05-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Check out ebay sales of samples.. You can pick up

all kinds of stuff cheap that route.

Oh gawd no, I refuse to

allow my self to go back on ebay. As I said im impulsive lol, Id be broke in a day or two tops. But thanks for the

suggestion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope one of these two I ordered will fit me good.

dping28
05-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Ok, I

got my bottle of Rochas Man yesterday and tried it out, It smells good, the only thing is it appears to fade out

rather quickly. Is this normal? Or is my nose just ignoring it? I do like the smell tho.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Should be getting Herrera today.

franki
05-21-2004, 12:04 PM
On me

it lasts very long.

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-21-2004, 12:50 PM
Or is my nose just ignoring it?

<hr

It becomes less intense quickly but it\'s still there. If you put it on

your clothes, you can definitely smell it 12 hours later (with your nose close to them, of course).

Sagacious1420
05-21-2004, 01:15 PM
It\'s not uncommon to become desensitized to some degree after 15-20 minutes or so. Even if you think the scent

has faded after a little while, don\'t use more. Stick w/ a couple of sprays and leave it at that ...you don\'t

want to repel ppl w/ a scent OD.

dping28
05-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Oh no

im not putting more on, I was just curious if it faded quickly on others. I used 2 sprays and left it at that. I did

only put it on skin (chest and neck) I will try next putting it on my shirt and see how it goes.

dping28
05-22-2004, 07:34 PM
I had

a very odd day today. I showered then applied NPA/m(2 dabs with the dropper top still on) and NPA/w (1 dab with

dropper top still on) on my chest/neck and covered it with 4 dabs of APC. I then put about 2 inches of SOE unscented

on my wrists. Thru on Rochas Man on top of it. 1 spray on my chest and one on my wrists. I hung out with a female

friend. We stopped at Don Pablos for lunch/dinner and we were seated by a guy, and I think the first hit I have

gotten from mones is from a guy lol. He seated us I walked by him to my side of the booth and he turned to walk away

and did a quick turn around and gave me an odd look ive never seen from another man. He did appear to be one that

was normally interested in men. Only other thing I noticed today was my friend walked and standed closer to me then

normal. Also seemed like there was a lil more physical contact too. We were driving along and she saw a new beetle

and pulled the whole punch buggy thing, which i quickly turned and said sorry that is only for old bugs, which we

were sitting in, so she is like fine, punch buggy again stating my car and hits me again, and i again give her a

hard time saying its only for orange bugs which again mine used to be so she hits me a third time. which was odd

cause we never really had any kind of physical contact. and while shooting pool when handing her the cue ball she

seemed to have taking a lil longer then normal to take it, rubbing her hand on mine. Now i dont know if any of the

things i noticed with her today were cause of the mones or she is just feeling more comfortable with me. but thought

I would mention it. all in all it was an interesting day.

camusflage
05-25-2004, 12:45 PM
It

stops \"pinging\" the nose quite quickly, but this is one that lasts.. I usually place two or three sprays on the

body and one or one and a half on the neck. This is a somewhat loud scent, so I try to not have a cloud of it

whirling around me by wearing it close to the body.