PDA

View Full Version : dhea could cause you to od on mones

wmd1
05-07-2004, 01:50 PM
i

wanted to say that the days where i take 10 mg of DHEA, ( i am 36 years old ), i notice a stink from my underarms

that appears very quickly, like when i was 16 adn didnt use deoderant, and that any none i use cause an od, that

normally would be just right..i think the dhea, phero connection seems to be valid, does any one else out there have

any thoughts on this? plus, chikara sounds like a winner, will order some when i get my next paycheck

jvkohl
05-07-2004, 04:11 PM
I\'ve been taking 50mg DHEA daily since before most people even knew about it (circa 1994). It converts to

testosterone so will give you more of a masculine scent signature that way, but one of its primary metabolites is

androsterone, which I believe to be the most important contributor to masculine scent appeal. If I were younger, I

wouldn\'t take 50 mg, but it would be hard to decide on dosage. But, as long as you use deodorant, the -none

buildup shouldn\'t get too bad.

Sunny
05-07-2004, 05:31 PM
I

am 33 years old and when I take 25 mg DHEA for about 10-14 days, I devolop an ugly smell around the outside of my

nose. I know it sounds strange, but I have been able to reproduce it. It disappears when I stop the DHEA or reduce

the dosage considerably. I think it\'s in the face near the nose where pheromones are also produced.

Sunny

DrSmellThis
05-08-2004, 01:42 AM
I agree that it can contribute to an OD. You have to determine how much your body needs and not exceed

it or your hits will reduce, IMHO. \"Scientific\" reports seem to contradict each other about what it ends up as.

Studies I\'ve seen indicate that not that much goes to testosterone, on average, but that may vary with dosage.

jamesdeanmartin
05-08-2004, 08:23 AM
I\'m a 25-year old male, rather large and what most would consider quite \"masculine.\"

I

tried DHEA off-and-on while working out because my Dr. (as well as numerous Health profs in undergrad) recommended

it to my parents and it really turned their health around. I tried 25-mg a day off-and-on a couple times. By day 3

or 4 consistently I would develop ridiculously pungent sweat, it smelled like a nasty-smelling version of edge (I

could definitely get a buzz off just smelling it, so I\'m guessing there\'s a lot of -none/-rone) I also usually

got a zit within a week after starting it.

My father has since stopped taking it after his Dr. suggested he

stop. He has developed low t-levels and has to take some supplments for it, the Dr. thought it might be the dhea. I

don\'t even know if that\'s possible.

JDM

jvkohl
05-08-2004, 07:48 PM
In

a study by John Nestler, men took 1600mg/day with no untoward side effects mentioned. But it was only a small study

and was done many years ago. William Regelson wrote a book on DHEA (as well as other anti-aging medicine type books)

and claimed in a press meet that he alternated 40 mg/day every other day. John Nestler, said he never tried the

stuff despite remarkable effects on reduced fat/increased muscle mass. Maybe no one paid attention to an odor

difference, but it seems more likely that those who notice the odor difference are amoung the minority.

bjf
05-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Could the dhea smell be dhea-s rather than none or pheromones?

DrSmellThis
05-09-2004, 12:31 AM
I always notice an odor difference if I start DHEA after not being on it for a while, even with 5 mg.

The odor starts 30 minutes after taking it. I like the odor. I don\'t know whether it\'s DHEA-S per se, its

metabolites, or both. It wouldn\'t suprise me if folks who notice are in the minority, as most people don\'t

monitor their natural smells except to notice when there is a major problem with BO.

Though DHEA is not

without documented side effects, there has not yet been sufficient evidence to establish a \"negative feedback loop

effect\".

marvin
05-09-2004, 08:08 AM
I definately noticed a muskier smell on DHEA.

Bart