PDA

View Full Version : My own pheros?

real_wiseman
05-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Hi guys,
I have

lately smelled something quite strange and maybe you guys could clarify it for me?

I haven\'t been using

pheros for a while - although I just received an scented TE I haven\'t had the time or opportunity to use it yet -

so I cannot possible have a buildup.

When I use some fragrances, like M7 or Thierry Muglers Cologne I almost can

smell a phero scent - that scent that often can be smelled under a coverfragrance, you know what I

mean...

Problem is - as I said - I don\'t use pheros for the moment...
Is it my own pheroporduction I smell or

what?

// W

DrSmellThis
05-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Perfumers use

pheromones of various kinds.

real_wiseman
05-05-2004, 01:45 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Perfumers use pheromones of various kinds.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

AFAIK M7 and TM don\'t use it? Could it be that some of the

notes in the fragrance \"reminds\" me of pheros?

In M7 for instance, the Base Notes are Amber, Musk (probably

synthetic) and Mandrake Root, the Middle Notes are vetvier and Agarwood and the Top Notes are Bergamot, Mandarin and

Rosemary.

Could the Musk or Amber be what causes the \"phero\" smell?

// W

Unknownshadown20
05-05-2004, 08:20 AM
I have both

M7 and I just bought TM Cologne. I wore TM yesterday without mones and smelt a similar human musky smell. Maybe

their is a secret note in Cologne?

bjf
05-05-2004, 08:30 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I have both M7 and I just bought TM Cologne. I wore TM yesterday without

mones and smelt a similar human musky smell. Maybe their is a secret note in Cologne?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

It doesn\'t surprise me TM cologne smells musky. The boy never showers for god\'s

sake.

camusflage
05-05-2004, 09:51 AM
I\'ve never

noticed a phero scent to either Cologne or M7, but then, I\'m one of those folks who just plain can\'t smell

-none. M7 has the agarwood in it, which gives it a very unique scent. Cologne is just plain funky, but in a good

way.

Both of those are EXCELLENT scents. M7 is one of my most complimented and Cologne is a fantastic summertime

scent (it also cuts A*Men down to reasonable levels if sprayed on first).

Unknownshadown20
05-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Reading

Mugler\'s website it says Cologne has a secret ingredient, I have only wore it twice(without mones) and have felt

pretty good and women appear happy when they are near me. Even though is an Unisex fragrance, it stays very close to

the skin and has a light,soapy/musky quality. I would encourage you all to give it a shot just because of the

\"secret ingrediet\". More testing to be done.

DrSmellThis
05-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Guys, many, many

colognes use pheromones (though not usually -none, thankfully), various kinds of musks (mostly artificial) or

pheromone analogues. Often the perfumer doesn\'t even know they are doing this to the extent they are -- they just

add something because it smells good. (I do it deliberately.)

It is not unusual for someone to acquire a

sense for such pheromonic smells and notice them in popular colognes, especially if you have my own product in

addition to L-S -mones. That just means your nose is developing.

Unknownshadown20
05-05-2004, 10:12 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I\'ve never noticed a phero scent to either

Cologne or M7, but then, I\'m one of those folks who just plain can\'t smell -none. M7 has the agarwood in it,

which gives it a very unique scent. Cologne is just plain funky, but in a good way.

Both of those are EXCELLENT

scents. M7 is one of my most complimented and Cologne is a fantastic summertime scent (it also cuts A*Men down to

reasonable levels if sprayed on first).

The only compliments I

have recieved from M7 were from older women, I think younger women wouldn\'t like it as much. It has to be one of

the BEST scents out there. It reminds me of Amouage\'s Dia which is more floral.

bjf
05-05-2004, 10:17 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Guys, many, many colognes use pheromones (though not usually -none,

thankfully), various kinds of musks (mostly artificial) or pheromone analogues. Often the perfumer doesn\'t even

know they are doing this to the extent they are -- they just add something because it smells good. (I do it

deliberately.)

It is not unusual for someone to acquire a sense for such pheromonic smells and notice them in

popular colognes, especially if you have my own product in addition to L-S -mones. That just means your nose is

developing.

As we know, just because something is close

molecularly to an established pheromone, that does not make it a pheromone. Many substances are bound to be closely

related in terms of composition.

DrSmellThis
05-05-2004, 10:19 AM
A pheromone

analogue is something that triggers a response through being similar though not necessarily identical. The plant

kingdom is full of them.

bjf
05-05-2004, 10:24 AM
</font><blockquote><font

A pheromone analogue is something that triggers a response through being

similar.

Are there any analogues that have produced measured

responses, behaviorally or biologically, in studies by the scientific community? Or are analogues exclusively

something that perfumers believe in?