PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Therapy Immortality

miller
04-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Here is an

interesting site that describes how to use magnets to improve overall health. An intersting read, it also tells you

how to make these devices yourself. I am going to give it a try for a few weeks using some old radia shack magnets,

trying to heal an injury. Probalbly wont work, will just wind up facing north or something.

Immortality (\"http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=larrygreg\")

DrSmellThis
04-28-2004, 10:23 AM
The

\"Emerald Tablets of Thoth\", a new agey channeled text, discusses a 2 hr meditation for achieving immortality in

the last chapter. I tried it once in bed, and did feel very good the next day, but was too lazy to try it again.

With this you just have to put the rings on, huh? I bet it would be annoying to be wise like you\'re 99 but look

Pancho1188
04-28-2004, 10:34 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I bet it would be annoying to be wise like

you\'re 99 but look 18.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

That sounds just like me, except

replace \"wise\" with \"cynical\"...

Ash
04-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Here is an interesting site that describes how to

use magnets to improve overall health. An intersting read, it also tells you how to make these devices yourself. I

am going to give it a try for a few weeks using some old radia shack magnets, trying to heal an injury. Probalbly

wont work, will just wind up facing north or something.

Immortality (\"http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=larrygreg\")

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Your body has a natural polarity. I can\'t remember if it\'s pos or

neg but most(almost all) magnets sold for health are the wrong polarity and will F you up. Don\'t do it until you

do more research and can get the right polarity mag.

CJ01
04-29-2004, 09:20 AM
make sure

you buy from the right place. I heard that nikkon is the best supplier for magnets stuff. They won´t make you

immortal but they do help I heard.

tallmacky
04-29-2004, 09:28 AM
What

are the largest sized/strength magnets someone can buy? Do people wear them around their pipino\'s? It would look

great with my Ring of Power....which I have on right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Check

her out! Ring of Power (\"http://www.triflux.com/mc/ROP.jpg\")

CJ01
04-29-2004, 09:33 AM
What are the largest sized/strength magnets someone

can buy?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> it´s not about those things

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Did you make that yourself?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Where do you wear it?

DrSmellThis
04-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Damn, you move around fast, TM.

CptKipling
04-29-2004, 11:37 AM
An...erm...interesting read:

http://www.alexchiu.com/cell/intro.htm (\"http://www.alexchiu.com/cell/intro.htm\")

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BigGulp
04-29-2004, 10:58 PM
What are the largest sized/strength magnets someone

can buy? Do people wear them around their pipino\'s? It would look great with my Ring of Power....which I have on

right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Check her out!

Ring of Power (\"http://www.triflux.com/mc/ROP.jpg\")

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I\'d recommend a Rare earth magnet Macky. Something like a neodymium-iron-boron magnet

or samarium-cobalt. These will produce as much as 18 to 35 megagauss-oersted and can lift form 180 to 350 pounds.

They\'re small too. Not much bigger than your Ring of Power. Talk about a boost. Can you spell \"Supercharged\"?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

einstein
04-30-2004, 09:26 AM
I\'d recommend a Rare earth magnet Macky.

Something like a neodymium-iron-boron magnet or samarium-cobalt. These will produce as much as 18 to 35

megagauss-oersted and can lift form 180 to 350 pounds. They\'re small too. Not much bigger than your Ring of

Power.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Dangerous too

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I bought a set of 10 Rare earth magnets, 3/4\" cubes. Had them

out of the box less than 2 minutes before I had a nice bruise on my arm. No way I\'m sticking those things

anywhere near my pipino

BigGulp
04-30-2004, 02:27 PM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I\'d recommend a Rare earth magnet Macky. Something like a

neodymium-iron-boron magnet or samarium-cobalt. These will produce as much as 18 to 35 megagauss-oersted and can

lift form 180 to 350 pounds. They\'re small too. Not much bigger than your Ring of Power.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Dangerous too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I bought

a set of 10 Rare earth magnets, 3/4\" cubes. Had them out of the box less than 2 minutes before I had a nice

bruise on my arm. No way I\'m sticking those things anywhere near my pipino

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

WIMP!

BigGulp
04-30-2004, 02:27 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrSmellThis
05-10-2004, 12:26 AM
OK. I did a little preliminary research on this, as I have been experimenting with sleeping

position vis the earth\'s magnetic field for some time and have had related interests or curiosities (such as the

new age literature I referenced above). I had also tried back magnets with obvious positive relief from back pain.

Ultimately, there seems to be \"something to\" the \"general conceptual world of thinking\" about polarities,

magnetism and health. There is a long history of sensible insights here, though how these may be connected remains

uncharted territory.

I have always been very open minded, and unhesitantly so; as my critical thinking

skills seem to protect me and those I love quite well during my wild forays into strangeness.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif So I thought I\'d summarize what I found so far.

Although

the \"raw idea\" of using magnets to keep your body\'s energies together and balanced is extremely

interesting, Alex Chiu seems to be one of the biggest \"freaks\" on the internet. His writing is 95% garbage,

and he holds some almost grotesque beliefs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif His site is on the

whole is only about 60% ridiculous, I would estimate, thanks to others\' contributions.

The evidence is

scant. There are very, very few testimonials anywhere on the internet from anyone that has tried the rings for more

than a few months, and most of the info is at least a few years old, suggesting there has not been the explosion in

interest one would expect from any successful invention that as been selling for several years. Chiu continues to

make \"naked\" claims here and there. He personally does not obviously look that much younger than his age, though

he is too young still to conclude anything one way or the other. On the other hand, there are a large number of

testimonials on the net in various places that attest to minor, short term subjective benefits from wearing the

rings, and a fair amount that attest to more significant kinds of healing from various maladies. A few were

dissatisfied. There is no actual scientific research on the rings.

The most disappointing aspect of the

internet information, however, is that there is little to no serious discussion of any kind regarding the general

idea behind the rings or possibility of their effectiveness. The fact that Chiu is a freak has been discussed to

death. Humans are good at calling each other \"freaks\", as I myself have demonstrated (without taking the label

itself too seriously). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The internet has focused on the

\"bathwater\" rather than the \"baby\", (to give some benefit of the doubt) in other words. There is no

indication that any grain of it has been taken seriously, despite how interesting the general topic is. Chiu is a

couple of Pabsties short of a six pack, frankly, or maybe a couple of buds short of a bag,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and so has killed his own idea. It is hard to conclude much more.

People probably tend to give up on the rings after wearing them a while.

In summary, there is no reason to

believe any of his claims at the outset, and it is unlikely that wearing his rings for the short to medium term

would fundamentally change that state of affairs. But given that anyone can make the rings for a few dollars, and

given that there are quite a few sane sounding people that claim some health benefits from them; and given that the

risk of using weak magnets on your pinky fingers seems low, I decided to try them, in spite of the magnitude of

\"sheer freakness\" the \"inventor\" exudes out of every pore. \"Maybe I\'ll learn something on my own about

the principles and possible effects involved\", I am reasoning.

So I made some cheap rings. What the hell

have I got to lose?! (This is notwithstanding the person on some obscure website who speculated that the earth\'s

poles will soon shift, \"killing anyone who is wearing the rings instantly\".)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I\'ll keep people posted, assuming I am still around.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif For all those who think I am a freak for trying this; who think

I\'ve lost my direction; who think that my life must be going South; well, you can kiss my magnetic North Pole!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif