PDA

View Full Version : fragrances and pheos

surfs_up
04-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Sorry I have to

leave for a trip and can\'t go into a long answer on the -nol question. Here\'s a useful discovery about the

relationship to pheros, they do have some olfactory qualities although they aren\'t primarily odorants, and

odorants (fragrances) that might have some pheromone enhancing qualities. This is pure speculation at this point.

I had observed that some premium quality men\'s fragrances smelled a little off putting until they were

combined with a pheromone, then the fragrance became substantially more attractive.

I obtained a perfumer\'s

raw ingredient, ambergris, that begins life in a sperm whale\'s intestine as a cholesterol based material.

Cholesterol as you know is the backbone molecule that the body transforms into pro-hormones, hormones, and

pheromones.

Something in the whale gut changes this into a chemical called ambroxin and when the whale excretes

it, it oxidises and becomes a powerful, exquisite odorant called ambroxide. Ambroxide is now made in synthetic form

by Sigma-Aldrich and marketed to the fragrance industry as Ambrox. The Ambrox product is supposed to closely

resemble the natural ambergris so it may function exactly as well in this example.

I mixed up an alcohol

solution of my favorite hot date brew, Luv-Bombe #9, that is basically a load of every known pheromone (available!)

and now has a squirt of beta-nol in for higher mojo. One good waft of this and you are locked and loaded.

I was

looking at the molecular structure of ambroxide and though, dang if that doesn\'t look distantly steroidal. Wonder

what would happer if I poured 1 ml. of it into my #9 ?

Intriguing. The ambergris notes, as it is a velvety,

intense, sort of cypress aroma, and the more civet catty smell of the pheoromones fused perfectly. It wasn\'t that

cheap headachy smell of \"musk\" that comes of like a sassafras to root beer thick odor.
Should I be

revealing this ? It could be a trade secret... It was a classy, erotic, engrossing scent that felt like it was

merging the olfaction and the VNO or whatever into a combined experience that had a heavy sexual groove to it.

Turned out it did. The other surprise was that ambroxide or ambroxide and pheros combined with sexual body aromas in

a way that transformed them into complex, pleasant scents. Somehow this altered the olfaction so that the body\'s

copulins-juices-secretions were perceived as attractively erotic. Kewl thought I. Somehow ambrox has the effect of

tying it all together, so the external mones and the bod\'s ouput are all on the same plane. Maybe you fragrance

gurus want to check this one out ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrSmellThis
04-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks for

the great post. Of course, ambergris has been used that way for aeons. Now the synthetic version is more common. You

are not exaggerating the magic of it, and it is even greater with the real stuff.

bjf
04-23-2004, 01:49 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Thanks for the great post. Of course, ambergris has

been used that way for aeons. Now the synthetic version is more common. You are not exaggerating the magic of it,

and it is even greater with the real stuff.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

you used the real

stuff in Pheros, correct?

How much was included?

surfs_up
04-23-2004, 02:52 PM
I would

estimate about 1% by volume. Couple of squirts of top drawer scent, say one by Creed will add a pleasing top note to

it. Ambrox will go both ways, feminine fragrances become intensely feminine, especially tuberose floral notes, and

masculine scents, the woods notes like sandal, cedar, develop a classy depth.